Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Angus Crichton

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Article in DT questioning his future at the Roosters. Anyone able to do a solid and post the article content here please.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What’s The Buzz: Future of Roosters star Angus Crichton up in the air amid contract uncertainty

The future of star forward Angus Crichton is a touchy subject around Bondi way, with rival clubs sure to be on alert following a huge contract revelation, writes Phil Rothfield.
subscriber-breach-pixelanonymous-breach-pixelregistered-breach-pixel
The future of NSW State of Origin forward Angus Crichton at the Sydney Roosters is uncertain despite reports last year he had signed a two-year extension.
The truth is no contract has been signed or registered with the NRL.
It’s a touchy subject at the Roosters because Crichton has had a slow start to the season.
Angus Crichton is understood to have been asked to take a substantial pay cut.

He was seen at training last week in an animated conversation with coach Trent Robinson.
Crichton is managed by David Rawlings who was keen to play it down when we spoke on Friday.
“We don’t do business and play it out in the media,” he said.
“There’s still a couple of bits and pieces to be finalised around the contract before we get to the final position. We’ll see how it plays along.”
It is understood the new offer involves a substantial pay cut to free up money for the signing of Brandon Smith.
On his day, there are few more destructive edge forwards in the NRL.
However, like many of his teammates, Crichton has struggled this season.
He has been criticised for lacking energy and aggression with his defence.
Crichton has always been linked to a possible return to rugby union to play for the Wallabies at next year’s World Cup in France. He is still just 26.
Like most of the Roosters forwards, Angus Crichton has struggled for form this season.

Like most of the Roosters forwards, Angus Crichton has struggled for form this season.
Yet the cash-strapped rah-rahs probably wouldn’t have the funds available to match what he can earn in the NRL.
Crichton quit the South Sydney Rabbitohs in 2018 to join the Roosters and become one of the highest paid forwards in the game.
No doubt rival NRL clubs will now reach out, knowing he’s not actually locked down at the Roosters.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His form has been way down this season... Typical Roosters though... Crichton wins a premiership there and then they move you on for the next shiny new toy. Sometimes it helps them be successful, sometimes it can backfire on them.

Most of their recent moves have backfired.. I love seeing the Roosters be mediocre with how many big name players they have..

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Last year he was unstoppable. Oh well, suck shit roosters. Hopefully he doesn’t stay for peanuts and leaves

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s The Buzz: Future of Roosters star Angus Crichton up in the air amid contract uncertainty

The future of star forward Angus Crichton is a touchy subject around Bondi way, with rival clubs sure to be on alert following a huge contract revelation, writes Phil Rothfield.
View attachment 49560View attachment 49559View attachment 49561
The future of NSW State of Origin forward Angus Crichton at the Sydney Roosters is uncertain despite reports last year he had signed a two-year extension.
The truth is no contract has been signed or registered with the NRL.
It’s a touchy subject at the Roosters because Crichton has had a slow start to the season.

He was seen at training last week in an animated conversation with coach Trent Robinson.
Crichton is managed by David Rawlings who was keen to play it down when we spoke on Friday.
“We don’t do business and play it out in the media,” he said.
“There’s still a couple of bits and pieces to be finalised around the contract before we get to the final position. We’ll see how it plays along.”
It is understood the new offer involves a substantial pay cut to free up money for the signing of Brandon Smith.
On his day, there are few more destructive edge forwards in the NRL.
However, like many of his teammates, Crichton has struggled this season.
He has been criticised for lacking energy and aggression with his defence.
Crichton has always been linked to a possible return to rugby union to play for the Wallabies at next year’s World Cup in France. He is still just 26.

Yet the cash-strapped rah-rahs probably wouldn’t have the funds available to match what he can earn in the NRL.
Crichton quit the South Sydney Rabbitohs in 2018 to join the Roosters and become one of the highest paid forwards in the game.
No doubt rival NRL clubs will now reach out, knowing he’s not actually locked down at the Roosters.
An easy answer to this one the rotters can't regester his contract simply because the contract would put them over the cap, so he either has to accept a cut and get the remainder in a brown paper bag which might make the NRL suspicius.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
8. TPJ
9. Mahoney
10. Vaughan
11. Kikau
12. Crighton
13. King
Fuck thats a tough pack. If the Thompson, allan, JJ, flanagan rumours are true then i can see it happening. People gotta remember we stop paying the contracts of Elliott, Cotric, DWZ very soon so that’s plenty of cap for a big fish. Another backrower like crighton is what we need.

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
8. TPJ
9. Mahoney
10. Vaughan
11. Kikau
12. Crighton
13. King
Fuck thats a tough pack. If the Thompson, allan, JJ, flanagan rumours are true then i can see it happening. People gotta remember we stop paying the contracts of Elliott, Cotric, DWZ very soon so that’s plenty of cap for a big fish. Another backrower like crighton is what we need.
Why would we be paying Elliot’s contract he got sacked? Unless I’ve missed something

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd rather we look at someone like Ryan Matterson. We're missing a quality ball playing lock and if Baz is going to continue to be our coach we desperately need 1. Even if that means moving Thompson on or not extending Vaughan.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'd rather we look at someone like Ryan Matterson. We're missing a quality ball playing lock and if Baz is going to continue to be our coach we desperately need 1. Even if that means moving Thompson on or not extending Vaughan.
Matterson or crighton would be great.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why would we be paying Elliot’s contract he got sacked? Unless I’ve missed something
We didnt sack him. We released him on compassionate grounds which means we still paying him. Not much i think raiders pay more but still paying him.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We didnt sack him. We released him on compassionate grounds which means we still paying him. Not much i think raiders pay more but still paying him.
Wasn’t it mutual so the contract just ended ? Or do you have insider goss that’s not what was reported

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1 and 7 need serious attention before anything else.
very limited options for next year, unless it's contracted players will need to come from within. A bit different for 2024.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
8. TPJ
9. Mahoney
10. Vaughan
11. Kikau
12. Crighton
13. King
Hate to burst your bubble but while that pack is tough pack, it won't be one under the "attacking guru".

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok didn’t realise that was the case. I hope it’s not much cause that would be piss poor of the club after what he dragged everyone through. And that includes his on field form also.