Andrew Johns urges Bulldogs to sign Panthers young gun Charlie Staines

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This covid crap will be around next year, so are they going to have the NSW cup? I hope they don't because that will play into our favour.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This covid crap will be around next year, so are they going to have the NSW cup? I hope they don't because that will play into our favour.
I think they will because we may have a vaccine by then and they cant afford to shut down junior footy for 2 years.
I think Staines is off contract this year, and Penrith want it sorted out before the end of the year, so that wont be a factor anyway

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes agree, TBAZ needs to bring him with him to the doggies.!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do the tigers have cash to buy JAC and Staines? Fukin bullshit
They're trying to offload Reynolds and Mbye to give them cap space. They might have to forceably retire them.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why does Johns suddenly care so much about the Bulldogs.

We are all he wants to talk about lately.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think they will because we may have a vaccine by then and they cant afford to shut down junior footy for 2 years.
I think Staines is off contract this year, and Penrith want it sorted out before the end of the year, so that wont be a factor anyway
Fuck a vaccine lol, for a flu that has 99.8% recovery

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Avo wants the 6.
Hopefully we get to see it soon brother, it sucks that we potentially have a superstar half on our hands and we refuse to give him any time there.

He played there for 10 minutes in his first or second game for us and created a few chances.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
If Penrith want to keep him why would they let him test the market?

Cleary said;
"The only reason we'd be glad he's testing the market is to try and expedite that process and be able to sign him and keep him here and know he'll be a part of our future.

Surely the Dogs can offer more $ then Penrith, as the Panthers have a lot of young talent to keep. A year on the wing and then back to fullback for 2022.
Panthers letting him look now and not wait until Nov because they want to get their rosters sorted early. He will get offers as well as Panthers offer and decide. Smart as Penrith aren't in a position to match anyone with the amount of talent coming through so no lose if he does it now or later.