Andrew Johns urges Bulldogs to sign Panthers young gun Charlie Staines

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think it matters, he wants to stay their next season and knows who's Infront of him. 2022 could be a different story...but I'd hope we've had made a move on other players before then.
Do you have mail that Burton wants to stay or is this based on your opinion?

I don't get why he would want to stay when his path is blocked by 2 good young players who are both at the start of their careers. With Luai being Nathan's preferred halves partner, I cant see Ivan punting Luai for Burton next year - especially against the wishes of his son and when Luai is in great form. Surely playing FG at the Dogs is more appealing than playing CC for Penrith

If Burton does want to stay, then we're screwed for next year - the thought of Lewis in the 17 next year makes me want to puke

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
His gun but he will stay with penrith

We have avo for 1

We need to snag Staggs and Carr for the backline

Thats firepower

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You tube it!
Little to no ball playing in his highlights. All we know is he's lightning quick and his strength is support play. The highlights show why we need Burton if anything. Meaney would of scored almost every try Staines has scored in the NRL if he was on the wing instead during Staines debut games.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Little to no ball playing in his highlights. All we know is he's lightning quick and his strength is support play. The highlights show why we need Burton if anything. Meaney would of scored almost every try Staines has scored in the NRL if he was on the wing instead during Staines debut games.
Meaney has nothing on Staines

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd like to see what you've seen to know that. From Staines' NRL games you can't say that. It was the players around Staines making him look good. Go through and watch his tries. I'd like you to know this is how we ended up with Chrisitan Crichton.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don't think it matters, he wants to stay their next season and knows who's Infront of him. 2022 could be a different story...but I'd hope we've had made a move on other players before then.
Yeah will be interesting... I think if Penrith can win the title we will be in a better place to poach their players as they won't be able to hold on alot. Who knows even
That's what RTS is and he's elite. This guy could be just like him if not better for a fraction of the price

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They don’t...JAC and Staines will end up at either dogs or tigers. Which one we get who knows. Win win either way!
Is see Tigers getting JAC and Staines staying at Penrith... Meanwhile we will be sitting their with our dick in our hands. Hope I'm wrong though.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they are still off contract for the 2022 season by November 1, I would be going hard for Luai as or 7 & Burton as our 6.
And hopefully tie up Staines before then.
Then all we need is a good 9 & a good big prop.
Then we are set.

Panthers can keep Cleary at 7 & May at 6... F Them. It just might be what they deserve as they think its their right to keep them all, even if their not playing first grade.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Agree. Meaney is all speed, he has good instinct and awareness once in space... But lacks that insane skill and instinct players like Staines and JAC have to get into that space... Can't be coached or improved, you either got it or you don't

Last edited:

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's something wrong here!
The immortal junkie **** tells the Bulldogs to sign a decent player, not some cripple or hasbeen?
Can someone get in touch with Joey and ask if this is not a printing error....maybe the title was suppose to be Bulldogs should sign Charlie with shit stains from the Chocolate Factory....

Screenshot_20200822-220641_Google.jpg