Official Andrew Davey opens up on life under Ciraldo

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I get the strong impression that many of the negative posts on TK are agenda based, especially with the board elections coming soon.
With what's happened this week, it looks like things have backfired and the fan base has galvanized, which is the opposite of what they intended.

You're right, some on here are now really bothered.
I feel you are right about the agenda driven posts.

Then there are other supporters that have warrented concerns.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have CC and Gus been perfect in this?

Absolutely not, and I don't think there's one person on here who's thought that.

But making RMF club captain I think was a no brainer at the time. Didn't see anyone on here questioning that, even the boys talking about him now.

The bigger concern was allowing him to yield so much influence on the playing group, as he should've been cut down at the knees much earlier.

I'd say this is my biggest criticism of CC and Gus in that they didn't root out the termites earlier.

But ...

It's hard to do when you're playing well, as a true test of a person is how they perform when they're down.

Do they fight? Work hard for the person on their right? For the person on their left?

We found out pretty quickly that a lot of these players simply aren't up for it.

While I'm not overjoyed with CC and Gus this year, I actually back them and am excited to see our boys get absolutely punished in the offseason
Well said

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why? 9 days ago every single person on this forum thought Ciraldo was a dud. Now he’s got his favourable media bash up and everyone changed their mind. I’m just sticking to opinion that I believe he is not the right coach for the club
Better to die on that hill, than admit you might be wrong? Bravo.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Does anyone remember Gus when he talked shit about the Knights going to Bali during the bye (it was one player) and the the Knights went on a run and finished 5th? Guess who's going to Bali this week, ha.
He didn’t though that’s the thing lol.

The media went wild and said he did but he all he actually said is that he wouldn’t.

And then he turned around said who knows maybe they come back and win and make us all look stupid.

Which they have.

It was Joey who blew up deluxe and Gus relayed his thoughts about it too.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Parras training isn’t as hard because they have Barrett there probably talking their ears off and spending most of the time in the video room. Tballs over explaining everything haha

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's just look at the pertinent points of this article:

1. Players had concerns (at Canterbury), but they weren’t at panic stations

2. It just wasn’t my cup of tea, and a lot different to what I’ve experienced at Manly and Parramatta.

3. He wasn’t there to witness the incident

4. I guess in every business there are people that don’t always get along

Need any more be said?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Or they just made a shit judgement?
Of course some mistakes have been made and no reasonable person denies this. I wouldn’t have re-signed Reynolds nor parroted his ‘homecoming’, but it did provide some ‘content’ than many (including yourself comparing to EPL clubs) had been crying out for. I wouldn’t have brought back Brown either. Pele failed but who was to know until they gave it a crack?

RFM being ‘club captain’ (not game day) is ceremonial at best and likely fits in with him earning the long serving player allowance taking over from Jacko (this is his 8th season at the Dogs so he qualifies). I think a good part of RFM’s extended deal is cap management with that $200k discount this year and $500k next year under the new EBA. And most of all I think this year speaks to the overall lack of talent that was on market (hence getting guys like Davey) and cap tightness (still carrying some weight for Jackson even though he retired) and there’s just many factors we wouldn’t see.

Gus made no bones back in Feb at the AGM to measure our expectations. Now we are coming to the end of the failed Barrett acquisitions that pre-dated Gus and have the benefit of shedding TPJ a year early and moving on Flanagan, Okunbor and more.

I get the frustration, we all do. But I’m willing to give both Gus and Ciraldo more time. The roster is set to improve again next season and assuming the mud-slingers are also now out things should only improve.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This guy was never on the field. His comments are of no significance but reading into this some of the players have clashed with ciraldo over treatment of injuries and playing when not fully fit.
I didn't see the issue of players being forced to play when not fully fit anywhere in this article.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This post clearly wins. Most outrage in a post I've ever witnessed.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What has he said?
The way Ciraldo trained the players was different from Parra and Manly.
He didn't see the incident in question.
There was no panic in the club.
“Players had concerns", "We weren’t all pulling the same way." are probably the biggest issues for me.
This definitely backs up the fact that the playing group is fractured. Until this is sorted the club will struggle.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only issue with all these articles coming out lately about us, is that I wonder if it will affect our recruitment long term.

Will these statements from players, regardless of status within the game, play on future targets decisions? Or will they see, like us here, realise that the cancer has been culled and we are on a better path?

Time will tell.
Not good for our recruitment prospects whatsoever.