WWOS MOLE Albert Hopoate

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bro he goes alright.. I thought the same but he was genuinely pretty good last night and probably Brisbane's best. He played like Will last night just stronger and in all seriousness would be pretty handy if it also meant securing Albert.

Staines wants way to much for an unproven young gun tbh... Haven't even seen Staines break a line or have to defend so it's a bit premature to be signing a kid on massive money
I disagree about Jamil but agree Staines is a gamble. I just think he's worth the risk. Albert Hopoate would be cheaper but he's a risk as well with his kneee injuries. Whether it's salary, changing positions or injury history, there's a risk with most signings. Especially for a club in our position.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jamil had a few games during the year where he was very error prone. That's the main reason why he was dropped. He has ability. We're stacked in the second row so I doubt it's a signing we'll make anyways (Jackson, RFM, Stimson, Doorey, Topine, etc.)

And Elliot... Would still drop Smith and Britt for him. He wasn't error prone last night and his footy smarts along with line speed was worthy of noticing.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I disagree about Jamil but agree Staines is a gamble. I just think he's worth the risk. Albert Hopoate would be cheaper but he's a risk as well with his kneee injuries. Whether it's salary, changing positions or injury history, there's a risk with most signings. Especially for a club in our position.
Honestly though his asking for Ponga money, Thats pretty ridiculous I reckon considering he ain't no Ponga.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly though his asking for Ponga money, Thats pretty ridiculous I reckon considering he ain't no Ponga.
Ponga is on over a mil a year he just re negotiated his contract or extended it. Well a million is what the media is reporting

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ponga is on over a mil a year he just re negotiated his contract or extended it. Well a million is what the media is reporting
Didnt Ponga want 1.4mil and they're reporting 1mil....? Lets call it 1.2mil.

But yeh i talking about his first contract.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bad miss tackle
Yup, very ineffective. Would have been tough for many you suspect, 1 on 1 against Olam with a nice fast back line move like that, but you sense a Josh Morris would have stopped him.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He doing anything so far?
Wouldn’t expect too much from him. Not only hasn’t he played since pre-Covid. He did a acl too.
He showing any promise Atleast?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He doing anything so far?
Wouldn’t expect too much from him. Not only hasn’t he played since pre-Covid. He did a acl too.
He showing any promise Atleast?
He got his body in front of big Tino early and stopped him one on one. I think it was a good sign of strength. Apart from that it’s pretty tough playing out of position against a red hot Melbourne.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, but josh morris is probably the best defensive centre of the past 20 years.
AHopa did a pretty good tackle midfield on Olam later in the first half. He looks stuffed though, it is obvious he is short on fitness, which is to be expected.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If he’s anything like his brother I’d prefer to pass.