Aiden Tolman and Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What hasnt he done to deserve a spot? heard alot that merrin will be in the team and tolman will miss out. Merrin has done nothing compared to Tolman. Merrin is just in a good team. Thats the only thing surely going his way.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
He does play alot of minutes, but if he does misss out i think the reason will be because he doesnt really bent the line back. And in origin its such a bash them kind of game he might be suited by it in my thought. But only time will tell.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand your point but i wouldnt say merrin bends the line either. I would even have Corey Payne, Andrew Ryan and Anthony Watmough above him. ANd all 3 have not been mentioned in terms of origin.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Corey Payne id say yes to cause he has beeen playing out of his skin. But to Ryan and Choc they arnt props mate so i dont really think you can call it like that.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's cause he doesn't really bend the line. He's just a workhorse where in Origin getting over that advantage line is crucial.

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
being a storm supporter im a huge fan of tolman, but he wouldnt play 70 minutes in origin so wouldnt be able to make 130 odd metres. it showed in city country that he wasnt as effective only playing 40 mins. but he has got good defense and no errors in his game. but huge rumours being merrin in the side is a joke! weyman, snowden, mannah, all have the experience and form to knock merrin out of the picture, look at douglas, he plays like toman and merrin but with the extra kgs to be able to bend the line and hasnt even been considered.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What are you worried?

The more players we have come Origin time the better!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tolman and Merrin both shouldn't be in Origin.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like Luke Douglas and he has been a very good player for a while now, yet only seems to be getting the props (pun hurr) he deserves of late.

I'm not sure why Merrin is such a big candidate, he was also mentioned around test match time. Between Snowden, Mannah, Weyman, Douglas and probably Jason King (haven't watched him much in 2011) we have a set of props who should keep Merrin out.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
TLL, Mannah, Snowden and either Weyman or Hunt.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh and Tolman is not an Origin player, in my opinion. Doesn't bend the line enough.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Im selfish, I want him playing for us. Screw origin

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Apart from Ennis we have no real players in serious contention. They might pick Jamal for marketing purposes but that's about it.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh losing another prop will do no good to us. Especially for origin. Dogs gain nothing from it. I know that is selfish but it would be better with Aiden in the the dogs team then without him. Also I am a Qld fan :p so up the maroons :p hahaha

Þo£ar ßêar ™

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
dunno about Tolman in the state of origin.
Idris was a certain starter, but that freak show named Ricky Stuart didn't even pick him for the 1st SOO. what a joke!!
Only bright side, the doggies will still have him in their team.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm actually pleased that Tollman hasn't been called up. I think he is still a little young for Origin footy. Although he has the commitment and the motor to play I just think on that stage he isn't aggressive enough to dominate the QLD pack, and that's exactly what you want from your Prop. Hopefully in a few years time when he has filled out a bit he'll be much better at throwing his weight around, penetrating the line more and putting some hits on. Easy to forget he's 22 sometimes with how good he is already. The last thing i'd want would be for him to play for the Blues and get shown up because it may cost him his long term position in the team which i've no doubt he'll secure in the future.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a side that NSW are expected to stick with for years to come. Idris may have missed the boat with his poor form, just like Anasta did in the early 2000s.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
70 cents a litre, Price, Webcke never bent the line and made Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.