Aiden Tolman and Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason King, FMD that is funny sh_t. Just the kind of cheap-shot thug Stuart would love. QLD 6 in a row easy

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Im glad he didnt make it. He's good enough that his time will come but I dont think he is ready just yet. Its more than just stats on a page.

In the meantime we can enjoy having players like Idris, Morris and Tolman in the side for the next few weeks when other teams have to test their depth.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I'm actually pleased that Tollman hasn't been called up. I think he is still a little young for Origin footy. Although he has the commitment and the motor to play I just think on that stage he isn't aggressive enough to dominate the QLD pack, and that's exactly what you want from your Prop. Hopefully in a few years time when he has filled out a bit he'll be much better at throwing his weight around, penetrating the line more and putting some hits on. Easy to forget he's 22 sometimes with how good he is already. The last thing i'd want would be for him to play for the Blues and get shown up because it may cost him his long term position in the team which i've no doubt he'll secure in the future.
I posted something similar below and totally agree with u. Maybe next year a bit of Eastwood, Pritchard and Graham will have rubbed off on him and he will be able to stick it to those maroon pr1cks

BullDoggy10

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Aiden Tolman probably should have made it in front of Kade Snowden and Jason King although I think it is the best NSW side they have selected for some time.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Tolman is made for Origin and should be in the team.who cares if you don't bend the line if you're making the metres and tackles he does without making a mistake.The try he scored when he backed to take the pass from ennis after offloading to create the break was pure origin imo.

bulldog_matt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he is a top club footy player due to his workload. i reckon he isnt ready for origin because in origin its more about intensity and explosiveness. since the nsw back row can play huge minutes its better to have high impact style front rowers and rotate them

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If anyone here thinks Jason King is more an Origin player than Tolman they need to get their head checked.

IMO the only thing Tolman lacks is his playing minutes, will definitely come with time though.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you want to win a premiership or the phucken State of Origin ?

I'm pissed off because Ennis is in the phucken Origin team.
Phuck the rep games, play them after the grand final Gallop you phucken idiot

evo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am stoked that we only need to cover for one position and that is a position where we have a few able replacements.

My allegiance is to the Dogs before NSW.

Go Ennis and I think Reynolds deserves a shot he had great from in the trials and was unlucky I thought.

I like Romelo too he is a tough little bugger but based on form Reynolds.

PS I think we should leave Halatau where he is he really offers something for us coming of the bench in the second row or covering centre if required. I think Halatau and Payne have been our most consistent players always changing the momentum when they come on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Selectors dont know to pick a good team,
First Tolman not being picked.. dont know how you cant pick a guy playing so good for his club
Then Idris and Morris - maybe i know why they didnt get picked by Jennings? he hasn't been playing well, maybe picking a different centre would be better. Watch QLD go to jennings side during the game each time they have the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.