Ado-Carr slowing down? Not Likely..

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's his speed, no wait it's his height.. Fittler is just a moron plain and simple

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, Reimis Smith, playing for the Dogs, ran around Matt Dufty (for St George) and absolutely smoked him to score a long range try. Dufty was known even then as a speedster, but Smith appeared to know that he had him for pace when he put the move on.

I haven't seen Smith go that fast since, either for the Dogs or Storm. This leads me to conclude that some players grab every opportunity to show off their speed, and others go only as fast as they need to, to get the job done.
That was a case of Dufty avoiding a front on tackle, letting Smith run past him and then trying to catch him from behind.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m surprised Koula isn’t on the list to be honest? I’m pretty sure if they had a 100m race he’d win easily

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, Reimis Smith, playing for the Dogs, ran around Matt Dufty (for St George) and absolutely smoked him to score a long range try. Dufty was known even then as a speedster, but Smith appeared to know that he had him for pace when he put the move on.

I haven't seen Smith go that fast since, either for the Dogs or Storm. This leads me to conclude that some players grab every opportunity to show off their speed, and others go only as fast as they need to, to get the job done.
Smith, like Saab have a gliding running style alot like Brett Mullins in the 90s. Most tall players with long strides have it.

JAC is explosive off the mark and fast thereafter. I do believe however that Saab is faster over the full distance.

Pappy also has explosive speed but also runs with very small stride. Allows him to change direction quickly.

It's how you use the explosive speed off the mark and then your top speed or change in speed that makes you effective. It's also your confidence level against other fast players.

JAC still has it, but it's waning. You can see it in the fact that he doesn't take guys on anymore and tends to cut in-field more these days.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Lol he doesn't even try to run fast. Do an actual speed race test. What an absolute joke of an article.
" he does'nt even try to run fast" explain that to me

so when he scored his runaway try against Easts , was he jogging
what about his intercept try against Parra, was he walking to the shops?

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foxsports: "JAC has slowed down because the Bulldogs are shit"

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
" he does'nt even try to run fast" explain that to me

so when he scored his runaway try against Easts , was he jogging
what about his intercept try against Parra, was he walking to the shops?
Yes the intercept against "parra" you flop wasn't an 500m run. There was no one behind him except Simsonson who was never catching the Fox anyways

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Yes the intercept against "parra" you flop wasn't an 500m run. There was no one behind him except Simsonson who was never catching the Fox anyways
School is back on monday
make sure your in class
Pick another subject
cause u have NFI about Rugby league

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That was the Reimis winger an ol blue eyes Holland center partnership. They had a good chemistry in attack that year. Not so much defense. Next year coach switches them around the dumbfuck.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Asked this in another thread jordie mazzone, sgball this year and a few games in flegg this year may be as quick as jac or not far behind.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if he has slowed down its because a few injuries late last year caught up with him. also not convinced he is a fit this year compared to last. but these speeds are all pretty dependant on whether he is given the opportunity to go for a run and whether that opportunity is early or late in the game.

26 is not old for a sprinter but yeah maybe injuries have caught up with him.