Adam Elliott - I’m done

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely needs a stint in reserve grade... Needs to slim back up and become a backrower.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He's one of a number of very ordinary forwards out there.

Seriously, if you were picking an Australian team today on form, would Woods and Klemmer remotely be considered?
I don't think Klemmer is being used correctly however.
Yesterday way to many minutes!!
He was gassed and dropped the ball then the final souffs try he couldn't move. Fualalo at fault also but Klemmer had no energy left.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think Klemmer is being used correctly however.
Yesterday way to many minutes!!
He was gassed and dropped the ball then the final souffs try he couldn't move. Fualalo at fault also but Klemmer had no energy left.
Well they were short on the bench (so they all had to pit in extra minutes), but these things are going to happen occasionally and players need to be ready.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone notice how Klemmer avoided Sam Burgess nearly all game?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well they were short on the bench (so they all had to pit in extra minutes), but these things are going to happen occasionally and players need to be ready.
That's true.
Thing is our team isn't strong enough to cope well if the rub of the green goes against us
Defence & commitment first half was excellent however.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
he should be ashamed with how he is playing so far this season. he is really looking like our new long term 'tolman'.. even tolman has better defence than this nut. elliott needs to pull his finger out and start playing to his potential and especially start playing like a first grade footballer, im sure other reserve players would love to take his spot and would do much better.
How many times during our conversations have I told you that Elliot is a shit **** and should be dropped from first grade. There are too many Frawley clones parading as First graders in this team. Even she Rex had more impact playing for us than Elliot. Every time Elliot took a run I found myself saying there is his 1 meter contribution for the set and since he had 8 runs for 52 meters I wasn't far off.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously I question if this guy is up to it?
8 runs for 52 meters today.
Defence is average, and that’s being kind.
Who was on here last season hand wringing that he was going to sign with another club?
He got upgraded and signed a three year contract and is repaying the club with shit performance after shit performance.
Well we’re stuck with him I guess, hopefully Pay can get him up to first grade standard?
The most effort Elliot put's in is when he runs onto the ground just before kickoff and then sit's down.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure about the figures. But was told by someone close to Adam that Parra was chasing him HARD. Adam didn’t want to leave and in the end the dogs paid massive overs to keep him. Another smart Des decision.
Shit..."massive overs" of course.

While Frawley would fuck up and maybe just not good enough.
I always knew Frawley was trying at least.
Can't same the same about Elliott. He is a passenger out there at the moment.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most frustration thing about him is he simply doesn’t offer anything. If he’s not making metres then he should be tackling well and effectively - which he doesn’t seem capable of doing.

Yesterday was a prime time for him to prove some doubters wrong - forwards are gassed and tolmans out... instead when we have Souths on the ropes in their own in goal he Fkn stands up and blocks the hooker like ffs you have one job you dopey prick.

He was also looking cooked after 10 minutes.. I mean if he put in half as much effort into his game as he does his public support for country bush fires he may actually put in a decent performance.

I know we don’t have much depth but I hope that doesn’t stop pay from dropping these under performing duds.

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Right from the start I never seen anything special, blokes were jizzing about him
I thought I was going mad thinking he was average when people banging on about him
His slow, ineffective, and dumb, how long does he have to ha d on to a defender for and how many times does he have to get penalised for it before he wakes up
Exactly how i feel. Never saw much in him, but seeing all his supporters with the "Just wait"'s, gave me hope which has now dwindled away to my initial assessment. It's like staring at a bunch of dots on a page trying to find the picture/,pattern that people around you insists is there. Sooner or later if you can't see it, you have to entertain the option that the others are just having a joke at your expense...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We are really seeing how badly Des fuked us when you go to the cupboard for options and the shelves are fukin empty!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are really seeing how badly Des fuked us when you go to the cupboard for options and the shelves are fukin empty!
Yeah we're suffering the old Mother Hubet syndrome she went to the cupboard to find it was bare.

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not sure about the figures. But was told by someone close to Adam that Parra was chasing him HARD. Adam didn’t want to leave and in the end the dogs paid massive overs to keep him. Another smart Des decision.
I wish he had hadve gone.
I doubt the “massive overs” claims though.
If every player that was claimed to be at the dogs on massive overs, actually was? Our cap would be sitting at about $30m.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He is rubbish, no heart, no skill and no brains.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our team has a few players including Elliot that are very lucky to be playing First Grade at moment
You can add Fualalo,Tualau and Brown to "few players including Elliott that are very lucky to be playing First Grade at moment". We also have a few players that are in 1st grade due to their reputation.We'll be lucky to field a good nine's side atm.Don't know what the answer is,drop these pretenders and give someone else a go,or persist in hope they aim up?Is is possible to turn a donkey into a thoroughbred,or a bludger to raise a sweat?Regardless which way the coin drops I will always support my club,but I'm finding it hard to support these players.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can add Fualalo,Tualau and Brown to "few players including Elliott that are very lucky to be playing First Grade at moment". We also have a few players that are in 1st grade due to their reputation.We'll be lucky to field a good nine's side atm.Don't know what the answer is,drop these pretenders and give someone else a go,or persist in hope they aim up?Is is possible to turn a donkey into a thoroughbred,or a bludger to raise a sweat?Regardless which way the coin drops I will always support my club,but I'm finding it hard to support these players.
NEXT WEEK
Time to experiment
Starting
JACKO to lock
MARTIN to second row

Bench
Don’t like this but what else do we do
In Renouf or Eastwood , Okunbur
Time to see if Okunbur can handle NRL. Can play edge or fill in the centres if outside back goes down(worried about his defence)
Brown and Danny
Out
Tualau and Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.