Adam Elliott: Ankle Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rhyse Martin or MAYBE D'rhys Miller ...

I'd be happy to see either step up.

Then again we are stacked with Second Rower/Props now, so could be Torpy/Nelson/Priest/Taulau/Fine/Martin/Miller
Garlick will start in top 17 type of player Pay loves

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
When you are 26 down with 5 to go??
Did that actually happen or is this a hypothetical? And how did he exactly celebrate?

Forwards are always happier to score, no matter the score and time.

He isn't one of my favourite players, he has feet for hands currently but he isn't shit. To be brutally honest, you can see potential in him but I wouldn't have him in my FG team next season. I think he got promoted because we had no choice. He needs at least another year in the reserves.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The kid has only just turned 23. He was in the ISP team of the year in 2015 then made his debut in 2016 off the bench for us. He has progressed this year to the starting side and half the people here want him dumped. He is good in defence, can run a reasonable line and like all the others now he has a bit of a licence to play footy I'm sure he will go well. He looks so relaxed at training that I am expecting him to step right up next season. The good news is we now have around 6 backrowers who can step into the team. Last year we had only the bare bones with a couple of kids to add.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The kid has only just turned 23. He was in the ISP team of the year in 2015 then made his debut in 2016 off the bench for us. He has progressed this year to the starting side and half the people here want him dumped. He is good in defence, can run a reasonable line and like all the others now he has a bit of a licence to play footy I'm sure he will go well. He looks so relaxed at training that I am expecting him to step right up next season. The good news is we now have around 6 backrowers who can step into the team. Last year we had only the bare bones with a couple of kids to add.
Tbf, most people want him dumped for RFM to start. RFM is potentially one of the most dangerous edge runners in the game if he puts on the hours at training and gets the minutes on the field. All Elliott did in the second half of the season was drop the ball and fall off tackles. Elliott is a bench player at best atm.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is fkn shit, always has been and always will be.

No way he deserves a spot in FG over RFM or Martin. Those 2 shit on him in every single aspect of the game. From offloads to goal kicking to defense, everything.
Has Martin played FG?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbf, most people want him dumped for RFM to start. RFM is potentially one of the most dangerous edge runners in the game if he puts on the hours at training and gets the minutes on the field. All Elliott did in the second half of the season was drop the ball and fall off tackles. Elliott is a bench player at best atm.
If RFM steps up from this year - and he needs to step up a long way, then yes he can be a better player than Elliott, but I am expecting Elliott to lift as well. Elliott is a much better defender than RFM and given they are left side if the Mozzes fire up we have plenty of attacking skill down the left. RFM was shirt grabbing most of this season. We don't need another Brenko out there. I still think RFM coming off the bench maybe along with Martin gives us some good attacking options once the game settles. that was our problem last year. If the opp held us in the first 20 (which they did) we had nothing coming off the bench that could change it up.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bench or starting with RFM (JJ at lock)... the kid deserves a chance this year.... fmd the hate on this forum for a player (esp a forward) after ONE full season is a joke... he does show promise.

People who havnt played sport are the only ones who expect every player to be a standout. Especially after 1 full year in FG.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If RFM steps up from this year - and he needs to step up a long way, then yes he can be a better player than Elliott, but I am expecting Elliott to lift as well. Elliott is a much better defender than RFM and given they are left side if the Mozzes fire up we have plenty of attacking skill down the left. RFM was shirt grabbing most of this season. We don't need another Brenko out there. I still think RFM coming off the bench maybe along with Martin gives us some good attacking options once the game settles. that was our problem last year. If the opp held us in the first 20 (which they did) we had nothing coming off the bench that could change it up.
Elliott isn't really that great a defender though, he's better than RFM but he still falls off heaps of tackles. I'd much rather take the risk with RFM, especially if we're going to be playing Tolman at lock. We need some strike on the edges, and RFM provides far more than Elliott. I'm also not a fan of rotating edge forwards, it's wasteful in todays game imo. Elliott off the bench coming on at lock and covering the backrow is probably best.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bench or starting with RFM (JJ at lock)... the kid deserves a chance this year.... fmd the hate on this forum for a player (esp a forward) after ONE full season is a joke... he does show promise.

People who havnt played sport are the only ones who expect every player to be a standout. Especially after 1 full year in FG.
I'd honestly rather start Martin if Jacksons at lock. Has a motor, ball skills, runs the best lines at the club, goal kicks, defends well. He really should have made his debut this season, Des just wasn't interested.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Because of our stockpile of 2nd rowers is why he misses on my team.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'd honestly rather start Martin if Jacksons at lock. Has a motor, ball skills, runs the best lines at the club, goal kicks, defends well. He really should have made his debut this season, Des just wasn't interested.
Well there you go, you explained why I would leave him in reserves.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the fun part about off seasons isn't it. Everyone has their view on who will go the best next year. Lichaa reckons RFM is burning it up on the training paddock so that's a positive. Elliott looked like he had bulked up a bit when I was talking to him at the training day - another positive. At least for a change there seems to be competition for positions across the paddock. That can only be a good thing for all of us. I don't have a brief for Elliott, nor RFM, nor Martin. I just hope all three really have a dig in the off season and push each other to the limit and then we can all benefit from whoever gets in!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's the fun part about off seasons isn't it. Everyone has their view on who will go the best next year. Lichaa reckons RFM is burning it up on the training paddock so that's a positive. Elliott looked like he had bulked up a bit when I was talking to him at the training day - another positive. At least for a change there seems to be competition for positions across the paddock. That can only be a good thing for all of us. I don't have a brief for Elliott, nor RFM, nor Martin. I just hope all three really have a dig in the off season and push each other to the limit and then we can all benefit from whoever gets in!
Could be looking to play Elliott more at lock if he's bulking up?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Could be looking to play Elliott more at lock if he's bulking up?
Possible I guess. He certainly looks bigger across the shoulders than he did. He didn't look like a bloke under pressure the other day. Maybe its his country upbringing but he looked pretty comfortable with the senior blokes. Still only 60 more sleeps and it will all become clearer.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yea but gives him better range of movement should help with catching .

Status
Not open for further replies.