Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He's kinda the Josh Reynolds of forwards... not in the shit **** way, but in the trys to hard and trys to do things as fast as possible. That's why we see him falling off tackles and dropping balls so often.

He does have reasonable skills, can run a line and has some aggression, but at this stage he'd be lucky to get in my 17, especially if Jackson is still played on the edge.
Na, we "hate" him because we don't rate him at his current level.

I guess it's easier to label us haters then argue their point.

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry -
This guy is shit! Not a fan at all!
Mini version of mason. Wants to be seen like a high profile player and alsways eager to give his opinion. Who gives a fuck!
Atleast mason was a high profile and Clive Churchill winner!

I never liked him and thought typical fkn des when we signed him and holland when we had Reynolds and graham yet to sign.
Loves the camera- celebrates like he won the gf winning try( when we are 26 points behind) and runs to the players to get the congratulations and to try and inspire them. Take it easy Thurston try hard!

He runs up with gusto and stumbles and falls and knocks on mind you without a finger laid upon him!

Below average and he is in our 17???? Please!

Didn’t he just 2 days ago brag he is getting he’s first preseason and will rip in 2018 and step up???
Dickhead!

See - even he knows he is a wanker! Lol
Blah blah. Sounds to me like you are the wanker mate. The guy makes mistakes like everyone else, and he is in no way trying to be willie mason. but he will be a gun. I look forward to you eating your words.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s average at best. Can’t believe people thought it was ok to let Finucane go believing this guy was that good coming through
You have no idea. Jackson is the one that we held onto instead of finucane.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Actually if you go back to when Finucane was released in 2015 people were saying it was ok as Elliot will make the jump to first grade. So get your facts right before telling others they have no idea.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Haha I just realised you’re either Adam himself or one of the gronks that was talking him up in the juniors.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't get the hate on Elliott. He looks like a pretty good prospect to me. He's only young. Had one full season in FG. He was the captain of our 20's side so the club must've seen something in him. He's not Boyd Cordner yet but I think he will start in FG next season and stay there because he will earn his keep. Not sure if he is another one that Pay may have coached in the junior reps but he would be about the right age.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he’s better than people make out.
Also if people are willing to give Tolman, a pathetic toiler a go without Des holding his great game back well give Elliot a go.
I agree
I rate him highly
I met him at the legends of league match

The guy is massive and a real nice bloke
I think he is finuchane mark ii
I'm happy to give him time to reach his best

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Doesn’t deserve the criticism he’s getting IMO. Plays with his heart on his sleeve and to me fits right into the culture of our club going forward.

I think we can get a lot of work out of a back row consisting of Jackson, Elliott and Tolman. Having RFM, Fualalo & Tualau all coming off the bench is a pretty scary prospect and would give us huge impact.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He will do until something better comes along. He tries hard and I rated that story about him and his Brother!

If Pay can get these guys to click than we will see all players go to several new levels.

Foran and Mbye are the key players obviously but I am interested in what Montoya does next year. He did well in the world cup against way better opposition.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry -
Mini version of mason. Wants to be seen like a high profile player and alsways eager to give his opinion. Who gives a fuck!

I never liked him and thought typical fkn des when we signed him and holland when we had Reynolds and graham yet to sign.
Loves the camera- celebrates like he won the gf winning try( when we are 26 points behind) and runs to the players to get the congratulations and to try and inspire them. Take it easy Thurston try hard!

He runs up with gusto and stumbles and falls and knocks on mind you without a finger laid upon him!

Didn’t he just 2 days ago brag he is getting he’s first preseason and will rip in 2018 and step up???
Dickhead!

Jeez! Why you gettin all personal?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Des was stupid for letting him go but if he got rid of JJ then that would be the day I stop following league.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sorry -

Dickhead!

Ummm ok.

PS I can tell you have never played a team sport.

You bag him because he tries do inspire the boys and celebrates tries?

That will do me.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des was stupid for letting him go but if he got rid of JJ then that would be the day I stop following league.
Exactly. To be honest i dont watch a lot of melbourne games, but i dont really get all the hype with finucane. I know he is a good player, but im not super fussed we let him go. Jackson is a far more valuable player in my eyes.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will do until something better comes along. He tries hard and I rated that story about him and his Brother!

If Pay can get these guys to click than we will see all players go to several new levels.

Foran and Mbye are the key players obviously but I am interested in what Montoya does next year. He did well in the world cup against way better opposition.
That was a great article. Gave me a lot of respect for the guy. He has some errors in his game, but im confident he will come good, and could even end up better the finucane. And like you say, all of our players should improve under pay, especially our forwards.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He is fkn shit, always has been and always will be.

No way he deserves a spot in FG over RFM or Martin. Those 2 shit on him in every single aspect of the game. From offloads to goal kicking to defense, everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.