News Absolutely farcical’ bunker decision shows that the NRL has lost the plot

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Everyone assumes it's just the Ref's deciding on the run but what if it's coming from higher? At Ref level it explains incompetence but there's too many, every week and most games.....it's more intentional and systematic IMO. Last year and this year is the only time I have ever seen most coaches, fans and commentators agreeing. That use to be unheard of. Even winning Coaches are pointing it out.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone assumes it's just the Ref's deciding on the run but what if it's coming from higher? At Ref level it explains incompetence but there's too many, every week and most games.....it's more intentional and systematic IMO. Last year and this year is the only time I have ever seen most coaches, fans and commentators agreeing. That use to be unheard of. Even winning Coaches are pointing it out.
Im not into conspiracy theores but you make a valid point. Since the 6 again rule it seems game adjudication is increasingly vague at the same time gambling is increasingly important. I dont like nor understand boxing but every points decision seems to be questioned.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Im not into conspiracy theores but you make a valid point. Since the 6 again rule it seems game adjudication is increasingly vague at the same time gambling is increasingly important. I dont like nor understand boxing but every points decision seems to be questioned.
Hence the boxing adage of knock him out and leave it out of the Umpires decision.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
people forgetting the jayden campbell no try which the bunker clears tanah boyds pass off the ground. if campbell hadnt lost possession of the ball they would have given it. then butler has the audacity to call kings offload as a pass off the ground later in the game.
There's a Jammer video floating around where he is losing about that pass. That was also a ridiculous decision the way it was heading. Way too many blatantly easy calls made wrong to be coincidence for me.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jammer needs to be commentating the Fox games. He's perfect for their type of of coverage and he actually knows what he's talking about.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Jammer needs to be commentating the Fox games. He's perfect for their type of of coverage and he actually knows what he's talking about.
Better than Blocker, who we seem to get most weeks, so much better than Blocker who is just downright painful to listen to. Graham has no Fox contract this year, they didn't renew him, effwits.

Always a Bulldog

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To me one of the biggest howlers was the disallowing of the Alomotti try. In no way shape of form was any one obstructed from making a tackle in that movement of play that would of actually made a tackle to prevent him from scoring .The NRL keep introducing stupid rules with no common sense. How can you rule and obstruction when no one was actually obstructed. I question how that was disallowed but the Warriors try against us earlier this year was allowed to stand.
Was thinking the same thing yesterday. The only explanation is the manipulation of results to appease betting sponsors? Otherwise they could get rid of “grey areas”. raising forearm to the face overlooked, the non hip drop that was penalised, titan knocking ball dead but getting the ball back because of the bunker intervening. You can’t tell me they weren’t trying to give the game to the Titans.

btw have we ever got a bunker to intervene a decision in our favour? Seems to only be used against us.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing yesterday. The only explanation is the manipulation of results to appease betting sponsors? Otherwise they could get rid of “grey areas”. raising forearm to the face overlooked, the non hip drop that was penalised, titan knocking ball dead but getting the ball back because of the bunker intervening. You can’t tell me they weren’t trying to give the game to the Titans.

btw have we ever got a bunker to intervene a decision in our favour? Seems to only be used against us.
My views is that ignoring the obvious Fa'asuamaleaui indiscretions was to ensure that he was available for origin.

Always a Bulldog

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better than Blocker, who we seem to get most weeks, so much better than Blocker who is just downright painful to listen to. Graham has no Fox contract this year, they didn't renew him, effwits.

Always a Bulldog
Blocker is horrible.

He hates the dogs as well. He does a spot on Sky Sports Radio and part of that is to give a betting tip each week. Nearly every week he bases his bet on the team the dogs are playing.

His bet this week was Titans 13 plus

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same shit mate. You knew what I was talking about.
No offence, but I notice how grammar is changing due to social media.
English is a dynamic language, and I've no doubt that of will replace have at some stage. Students of the language will persue these changes with interest. Same as the word "gay" now has a different meaning.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Blocker is horrible.

He hates the dogs as well. He does a spot on Sky Sports Radio and part of that is to give a betting tip each week. Nearly every week he bases his bet on the team the dogs are playing.

His bet this week was Titans 13 plus
We are coming third last, lost 5 of our past 6 and one of the teams below us is his old team. What do you expect him to do - bet against the Panthers?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No offence, but I notice how grammar is changing due to social media.
English is a dynamic language, and I've no doubt that of will replace have at some stage. Students of the language will persue these changes with interest. Same as the word "gay" now has a different meaning.
A dose of Roly Sussex for you with a word in your ear lol

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
A dose of Roly Sussex for you with a word in your ear lol

In the lounge at Brisbane airport, waiting for my connection to Townsville.
Should check in to my hotel about 11.00pm tonight.
Hotel is across the street from the Cowboys Leagues club - should I go over and ask how the team went this weekend?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
In the lounge at Brisbane airport, waiting for my connection to Townsville.
Should check in to my hotel about 11.00pm tonight.
Hotel is across the street from the Cowboys Leagues club - should I go over and ask how the team went this weekend?
God no. Just have a steak :grinning:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are coming third last, lost 5 of our past 6 and one of the teams below us is his old team. What do you expect him to do - bet against the Panthers?
No.

But he can bet against the knights, cowboys , titans or dragons. It’s literally every week he bases his bet against the dogs

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Should definitely have at least been a penalty and even sin bin against Mahoney for attacking Tino's elbow with his face. Mahoney could have badly injured Tino's elbow with his vicious attack.
How dare he headbut his elbow.