Aaron Schoupp Released Effective Immediately

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh unfortunately we don’t have any halfback. Yet.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
See ya. Not a loss by any means. We'll need to stop signing other clubs rejects. Another one we signed from dragons that clearly was released by them for now obvious reasons.
To be fair that was a relatively inexpensive gamble that had a lot of potential upside if it came off. Everyone knew it was a risk.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope not!
A season at that train wreck of a club would be worse than spending one here over the last few.
Add to that his knob factor & head will run riot on the GC, he will fit in Proctor style and never become his best(which was a limited ceiling in my opinion anyway..)
Just what we need another lazy forward who puts in once in 6 weeks...We already have TPJ...why do we need a worse version?
100%!!

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish him all the best, but he was just a ball hog and you can clearly see it. Never appreciated JAC scoring nor passing to him when he was in the clear.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Q
There is no way we signed kikau and Mahoney 12 months+ ago to then release schoooup and Jackson. It’s been done with plans and thoughts moving forward.

No doubt kiraz wasn’t expected to be what he has turned out to be. No doubt skeleton wasn’t on the radar when schoup extended.

I think with the likely addition of xerri and the expected development of alomiti it’s clear he wasn’t needed for 24 and it allows schoup to improve his future deal and gives us some cap, roster spot and allows us to go get a position we need much more e.g a prop (leinu) or a halfback (Hastings) hopefully with Jackson and schoup going somehow both for 23 and maybe Allen or Flanagan can find any more space we need for this with them both knowing 23 is their last season here and if they can secure future like schoup then cya.

Only issue is I doubt we had to chip in for schoup he would of been on a decent deal that wasn’t overs but not min.

Someone like Flanagan and Allen no doubt in way overs although Allens at least shown something. If someone takes him for 300k and we forced to pay 200k that 300k could be enough with Jacko and schoup to get leinu hastings and a min wage.

Whereas flopagun I don’t think anyone takes unless copping minimum on their end.
Here's a question....
If you're in the top 30 this year and you are still contracted for next year, are you automatically in the top 30? Or does the club pick its top 30 every year?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Probably the only time you'll hear the words Schoupp and effective used in the same sentence, Fam....so happy this dud is gone lololol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I heard you're next to be let go
We literally have no other options. The sooner you come to terms with the fact I will be out halfback next year, the sooner you will cope.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
waddell is a ball hog who doesn't offload or pass whereas Allan can't even play a string of 5 games together
Lol you want to release every player who has a bad run of injuries? It happens in footy.

If Waddell is so bad, why did he win players' player this year? @belmore_utd

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Q
Here's a question....
If you're in the top 30 this year and you are still contracted for next year, are you automatically in the top 30? Or does the club pick its top 30 every year?
Yes you are automatically in the top30, you would need to be released like shoupp

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol you want to release every player who has a bad run of injuries? It happens in footy.

The players player award has very little to do with who performed the best. If it was, then Fox, Burton, King, Kiraz and a bunch of others would have been picked ahead of Waddell.. Players player usually goes to a teammate they like or someone who trains hard etc..

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

didnt jmk win that or was that something else?
sure injuries happen but allan has missed more games than he has played over 2 seasons

Reaction score
Wish him all the best, but he was just a ball hog and you can clearly see it. Never appreciated JAC scoring nor passing to him when he was in the clear.
I noticed this too

I always thought he was heavily overrated by fans on here because they loved his "bulldogs dna" because he was a grub who would push and niggle players unnecessarily.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed this too

I always thought he was heavily overrated by fans on here because they loved his "bulldogs dna" because he would push/fight players unnecessarily.
Well I think we play Titans in Rnd 1 next year so let's see how we go against him.

I hate it when our ex players lift when playing against us and it usually results in them getting one over us.....