Aaron Schoupp Released Effective Immediately

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wonder if this is to help fund Mahoney and kikau or if there’s a plan to bring someone in.
I would put money on it that Gus has seen enough and is happy to let him go to open up a roster spot.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly think we have a couple of guns coming through. I’ve also heard alot of rumours about his attitude and how good he thinks he is.
I think it’s a good move hopefully Allan out as well

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wonder if this is to help fund Mahoney and kikau or if there’s a plan to bring someone in.
Wouldn't have thought so.
Still have to fill his roster spot. After minimum wage you might get $100k+/- a bit back.
So, not really a reason (at least not a primary reason) to do this deal.

He got a good offer, a longer term, and a more secure spot (if there is ever such a thing).
For us, he was still a work in progress. Good potential but not a sure bet and might not be the best long-term fit...and the rest is history.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
There is no way we signed kikau and Mahoney 12 months+ ago to then release schoooup and Jackson. It’s been done with plans and thoughts moving forward.

No doubt kiraz wasn’t expected to be what he has turned out to be. No doubt skeleton wasn’t on the radar when schoup extended.

I think with the likely addition of xerri and the expected development of alomiti it’s clear he wasn’t needed for 24 and it allows schoup to improve his future deal and gives us some cap, roster spot and allows us to go get a position we need much more e.g a prop (leinu) or a halfback (Hastings) hopefully with Jackson and schoup going somehow both for 23 and maybe Allen or Flanagan can find any more space we need for this with them both knowing 23 is their last season here and if they can secure future like schoup then cya.

Only issue is I doubt we had to chip in for schoup he would of been on a decent deal that wasn’t overs but not min.

Someone like Flanagan and Allen no doubt in way overs although Allens at least shown something. If someone takes him for 300k and we forced to pay 200k that 300k could be enough with Jacko and schoup to get leinu hastings and a min wage.

Whereas flopagun I don’t think anyone takes unless copping minimum on their end.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Schoupp to titans wouldn’t be a ploy to get David Fifita a year early would it? Titans wanted a back and they also want cap space

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if true or not , Jeral Skelton must be in centres in 2023....
Or Alamoti .... maybe with the money saved being put away for potentially a bigger signing in another position.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably costing us next to nothing at a guess.
Exactly low contract and is a FG backup as much as that mortifies most of us(and has Total Fool reaching for the straight jacket, think Jack Nicholson post labotomy)

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why release schoupp though? Release Allan who is on double the $$
Schoupp got too big for his boots and was just getting in the way of JAC....he had to go. Corey Allan is apparently being offered around too, but Bulldogs fans should band together to save him. He is still the best fullback at the club.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Interesting as Schoupp is a big dogs fan and he always wanted to play for dogs. If true it's a push from our club to free a spot for a new bigger signing.
I don't think there's a bigger signing coming. He has been moved on to relieve cap pressure and because we are short on roster spaces....also, it's good to get him the Hell out of JAC's way.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly low contract and is a FG backup as much as that mortifies most of us(and has Total Fool reaching for the straight jacket, think Jack Nicholson post labotomy)
The only way Knockonbor plays first grade in ‘23 is if we are badly depleted with injuries.

He’s proven time and time again he’s not FG standard.

He’ll stay in reserves where he belongs.

Thankfully he’ll be gone by the end of next season or hopefully sooner.