A win on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Have u ever been positive? I've never seen u post anything that actually support the Bulldogs
I've been very positive in actual fact... but we are fucking rubbish these days.

I don't mind losing, as long as the effort is there. But at the moment.. it isn't.

and that answers your comments as well Oatley Dog..

When the Dogs start showing effort I'll be more positive.

Think about it... if fans are expecting a loss or to get flogged, it shows they have little faith in the players or the club anymore... and that is a very fair opinion to have at the moment.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate I get the rationalisation of why we won't win, but if you are a FANATIC as I am you ALWAYS expect us to win. That's the whole idea of being a fan. You have to be myopic about the team you follow otherwise you are just an interested bystander. Now, that's fine but when we come good, as we surely will, those who forecast a 50+ flogging should have the decency to just fade away. That's the whole point of forums for fans. You have to be optimistic otherwise you should jump on the DT website and go your hardest. Here, we should be positive about our club, not wishing them to get a flogging.

BTW, I'm sitting here in Thailand and the bloke who I just had dinner with is a Manly fan. He didn't rubbish his club (although I must admit I did). Why? Because he is a fan of his club and a member. Yes, yes I found the golden ticket. The one bloke who is actually a member of Manly.....
thank f@ck for that for a moment there I thought you were going to say that you found yourself a sugar daddy :grinning:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really don't understand people who apparently love the club talking about us losing before the ball is kicked off. It just never enters my head that we will get beat at any time. Even at the game until it is mathematically impossible for us to win I still yell and scream and urge the team on. I couldn't live in a world where I spend large chunks of my life starting from the position that the team I have loved for over 50 years is going to lose before we even get to the game. I've never expected us in any year to go through undefeated but I have always expected them to win and could never tip against them let alone pronounce to the world that they are going to get flogged. That is not what being a FANATIC is. You may fear we aren't going to go all that well but you can never start from a position of getting hammered. Never.
doesn't help when they interview our captain and he giggles when asked "are you going to win tomorrow"

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have looked at all our games thus far and believe the biggest problem we have on the field is lack of adequate leadership.
Jacko is a great player, but I have doubts about his leadership. We dont know how to close out games and that comes down to leadership.
Leadership is considered to be something you may have or you dont have. Its hard to develop it.
The only other player who appears to have leadership ability is Woods. If he stays with the club, maybe he should be the (c).

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate I get the rationalisation of why we won't win, but if you are a FANATIC as I am you ALWAYS expect us to win. That's the whole idea of being a fan. You have to be myopic about the team you follow otherwise you are just an interested bystander. Now, that's fine but when we come good, as we surely will, those who forecast a 50+ flogging should have the decency to just fade away. That's the whole point of forums for fans. You have to be optimistic otherwise you should jump on the DT website and go your hardest. Here, we should be positive about our club, not wishing them to get a flogging.

BTW, I'm sitting here in Thailand and the bloke who I just had dinner with is a Manly fan. He didn't rubbish his club (although I must admit I did). Why? Because he is a fan of his club and a member. Yes, yes I found the golden ticket. The one bloke who is actually a member of Manly.....
I've found that when I have lowered expectations, a win is so much better to enjoy. That's why I haven't deserted the club. I've put up with more than any Manly fan with attacks on my character because I support "Cheats and rapists"; but haven't put away the club colours. I just don't expect them to win like they used to. I'll still cheer for them , and groan over missed opportunities. They're my club, and nothing will change that.

BTW, I do a bit of tour guiding in Switzerland every year; and I can't get over the number of people travelling around Europe wearing South Sydney jerseys.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've found that when I have lowered expectations, a win is so much better to enjoy. That's why I haven't deserted the club. I've put up with more than any Manly fan with attacks on my character because I support "Cheats and rapists"; but haven't put away the club colours. I just don't expect them to win like they used to. I'll still cheer for them , and groan over missed opportunities. They're my club, and nothing will change that.

BTW, I do a bit of tour guiding in Switzerland every year; and I can't get over the number of people travelling around Europe wearing South Sydney jerseys.

Top post mate!

Auuugh!! Souffs supporters anywhere! They’re riding an up cycle in fortunes sadly, whilst where holding on for the white knuckle ride down!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
His a good player but his too complacent for me. One week he will put his body on the line then the week after his weak as piss. Had his chance, see ya later.

If anything Hoppa has been more disappointing than anyone this season... His attempts in defence have been absolutely woeful.
Agreed both hoppa and montoya have been awful in defence

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So who should be in there then that are in our top 30?
Realistically, if the Top 30 had been sorted smartly, you would think the back up halves from ISP would be near on number 20 or 21 at least...poor planning and selection with forward plannjng for injuries etc when determining who should have made the 30 cut

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed both hoppa and montoya have been awful in defence
For me a winger is only good as his center.. Montoya has done well in regards to kicks defence and kick returns. I reserve my judgement on the kid until he plays next to someone else.

Hoppa and Foran should go back to Manly next season.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me a winger is only good as his center.. Montoya has done well in regards to kicks defence and kick returns. I reserve my judgement on the kid until he plays next to someone else.

Hoppa and Foran should go back to Manly next season.
Not always watch the storm wingers when they are short out wide they hold on their man allowing cover to come across where as montoya always comes in ,every half holds the ball up knowing he will do it watch widdop do it today ,he should have been dropped weeks ago to work on his game

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We love playing the Dragons, thats one thing the boyz need to do, enjoy playing.
RFM to make space for Olive and the Dogs defense to hold up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We're going to win 4-2. All penalty goals.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
McGregor will return to his desball tactics and stifle the attack

Dogs by 10

Status
Not open for further replies.