A visual representation of the Bulldogs spine for the past four seasons

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I decided to knock this up to show just how much chopping and changing of the spine the team has had for the last two seasons and how much, or little, opportunity various players have had to prove themselves in their roles.

Updated:

View attachment 27530
That just gave me an epileptic fit.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I decided to knock this up to show just how much chopping and changing of the spine the team has had for the last two seasons and how much, or little, opportunity various players have had to prove themselves in their roles.

Updated:

View attachment 27530
Thanks for your effort jof.

You should send your spreadsheet to the Bulldogs Club.

Barring injury / suspension / rep duties etc the top sides have stability and consistency across the so-called spine positions.

Your spreadsheet demonstrates exactly what a club should not do (ie not if it wants to win games anyway).

Regards, RookieDog

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thanks for putting in the effort @jof

From that you'd have to say JMK has well and truly had his chance, Cogger has had some opportunity but I wonder why Pay even signed him based on the number of games played and Meaney has also had a fair number of games, he has some attributes of a fullback but isn't going to be the answer in the long term.

I fear we're still in for some pain in the years ahead.
At least for next year half our spine will have proven performers in dufty and Burton. So we are 50% on the way. Can we be competitive with half a spine of NRL standard? IDK.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the effort jof. 6% win rate with katoa at nine...........................surprise surprise

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've updated the spreadsheet I posted around this time last season. Not much has changed, still playing musical chairs with the spine. I just about ran out of colours!

View attachment 27531
How many combinations have there been? What's the % win for each combination? I am kidding with the last one.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shows you how shit katoa is and triggers the question: why the fuck has Barrett been picking him? My great grandmother would have got a better winning percentage.
Barrett said that Katoa is good with his hands. I wonder about outside the bedroom though.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
that's a dumpster fire of players in the most important positions

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JMK has played heaps of first grade games and still look average..

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Updated (again):

View attachment 45370
This tells me one thing.....JMK is rubbish because he's been given the most time to perform and nothing has changed.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK should be playing origin by now with all the games he's had. Make it stop.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK should be playing origin by now with all the games he's had. Make it stop.
He'll come good, dont worry. "We just need some time to gel'.... while I change the spine every two weeks. Bit more time guys. We'll be top 8 by 2028!