A visual representation of the Bulldogs spine for the past four seasons

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided to knock this up to show just how much chopping and changing of the spine the team has had for the last two seasons and how much, or little, opportunity various players have had to prove themselves in their roles.

Updated (again):

Spine-2022-1.jpg

Last edited:

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided to knock this up to show just how much chopping and changing of the spine the team has had for the last two seasons and how much, or little, opportunity various players have had to prove themselves in their roles.

View attachment 16775
Good work mate. After all the chopping and changing it astonishes me that no player have taken the bull by the horns and owned their position. Players need to take responsibility as much as the coaching staff for not developing them into good players to play at this level. ie, Panthers. Nothing more needs to be said with this comparison.

If you can do a chart on how many times Tolman hit it up on 4th tackle inside and outside the attacking 20mtr zone i have no doubt there won't be enough colours.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And people want to judge wakeham on that insanity.. he may turn out to be a dud, but please tell me how you can possibly make an accurate assessment on him with that catastrophic man management.... Dean pay and Steve georgallis take a bow you clowns..

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for putting in the effort @jof

From that you'd have to say JMK has well and truly had his chance, Cogger has had some opportunity but I wonder why Pay even signed him based on the number of games played and Meaney has also had a fair number of games, he has some attributes of a fullback but isn't going to be the answer in the long term.

I fear we're still in for some pain in the years ahead.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol meaney has strung more games together at FB than Foran

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Most teams would have a similar graph. Only difference is most of the guys we’ve used are not only duds but duds we’ve persisted with and will continue to do so as we’ve still got most of them for next year.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran’s run of injuries has been the ultimate destabiliser. However just as disappointing has been the fact that all other halves options have failed to make a position their own in the past 3 years despite ample opportunity.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And people want to judge wakeham on that insanity.. he may turn out to be a dud, but please tell me how you can possibly make an accurate assessment on him with that catastrophic man management.... Dean pay and Steve georgallis take a bow you clowns..
Wakeham has had 2 more games than Cogger to step up. It's a bit unfortunate that we've got no lower grades for youngsters to find form. And that graph also makes Foran look pretty reliable. But he's actually not finished a few of those games and we've been carrying a half on the bench more often than we should this year.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wakeham has had 2 more games than Cogger to step up. It's a bit unfortunate that we've got no lower grades for youngsters to find form. And that graph also makes Foran look pretty reliable. But he's actually not finished a few of those games and we've been carrying a half on the bench more often than we should this year.
How did you figure that out? Coggers had 19 and wakeham 7...
I'm not making a point who's better.. I actually think cogger is the best of the rest behind Foran... I'm just saying wakeham hasn't been given a fair go and appears to have been managed rather poorly.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How did you figure that out? Coggers had 19 and wakeham 7...
Entirely basing my statement on this season. Pretty sure that Wakeham has also been on the bench more frequently this year too.