A lot of phone calls from Baz': How Barrett convinced Elliott to stay at Bulldogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
and some clown on here said he is a leader on and off the field :tearsofjoy:
It was me as you know and he is. Like myself, I don’t think Adam would care what some gutless little deadshit on a forum like you thinks

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should already know that Elliott is our best forward if you watch our games. You should just say "we're fucked" not if, if that's your opinion. After the premium locks in the competition (Radley, Taumalolo, Jurbo and Murray) he's right up there with the rest.
You are one delusional boy. See below. There are many more but should be enough for you for now.

After the premium locks, Brown, Finucane, Yeo, Arrow, Carrigan are also in front of him. I would even argue that Cameron Mciness when he plays lock is in front of him. IMO, He is mid to bottom tier with Tevaga, Liu and Barnett etc.

Elliot is a solid first grader and good clubman, but if we are to improve we need a forward leader
If he’s our marquee player then get ready for 2 more wooden spoon years.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think people are getting too caught up on the marquee player comment. Those are Elliott's words and Barrett could have meant he'll be a senior player, a forward leader, someone part of the leadership group.

Baz was likely buttering Elliott up to get him to re-sign and l doubt he meant Elliott will be our superstar and best player moving forward...

I had mixed feelings about re-signing Elliott but if it's at a decent price and we still have plenty of cap space to chase spine players then I don't mind. At least Elliott has skill unlike the rest of the pack..

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's hard to say if I'm the marquee, but I'm definitely up there. I Am one of the few that actually provide intelligence discussion to this place, And I bring a treasure trove of information through my insider, friend from Taree, life experience etc

In Nasheed, you don't just get a forum poster, you get access to a student of the Canterbury club.
Your a souths supporter.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliott must have a different definition of ‘marquee’ to the rest of us, but at least he’s a player who has improved, and shows signs of improving more. We can’t say that about many of our players under Pay. Maybe a better coach can get even more from him. Meaney is another player who I reckon will improve a lot.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So far I like what I hear about how Barrett has interacted with players.

They already want to play for him.

Good Start, lets hope we continue down this path.
I think its a plus that the age difference is not too great. In his manly tenure he was probably still that little bit too young, so he was more "one of the boys". now he is more like the older brother who they can look to for leadership and advice while being easy to relate to. At the far end of the scale you have the older coaches like Bennett and Bellamy who are like the father figures, which also works.

Im genuinely excited for next year. I hope the boys are prepared for a limited off season so that they can put in the work to overhaul all of our attcking structure's.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because our edges are terrible. We don't have a ball player or reliable line runner out there and our backs are struggling hard because of it. Elliott is probably the best of our forwards at running a line and is capable of moving the ball on like some of the better edge backrowers.

Thompson...lol don't get me started on Thompson again. I genuinely think he's better suited to the edge than middle in the NRL, sort of have him our wide in a Boyd Cordner type role running aggressive lines but with the added pace and footwork. Through the middle he looks dead average and I could honestly pick at least 1 prop from every club I'd rather have over him lol.
I think a big part of our issues with the backrow are due to the fact our middles get in the way and our halves (bar Foran) are unable to put them into space.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can’t wait until that is past tense
Lollll I made fun of him BUT he has done a lot of good too bro.. in any other system he'd have been spoken about in much better higher regard. ATM half the NSWteam would look like duds playing for us but there's light at the end of the tunnel suddenly and good things are happening.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lollll I made fun of him BUT he has done a lot of good too bro.. in any other system he'd have been spoken about in much better higher regard. ATM half the NSWteam would look like duds playing for us but there's light at the end of the tunnel suddenly and good things are happening.
Haha true. He tackles his butt off for us and gives his all but I’ve never seen a player get in the way so much in attack

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tbh there has not been a pack assembled like that 2004-06 side. The much vaunted packs of roosters 2018-19 would be murdered by that pack. Hargreaves would be fucking killed, can’t believe he is the “toughest” prop we have in the game
Hard to disagree with you there. Makes you wonder what has changed. There are probably a number of factors involved, I wonder if one of them is the efforts to speed up play and reduce the length of breaks in play? Players are having to be more focused on fitness and keeping up with play.

Related to that, how bad has the rate of injuries become since the 6 again rule?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliot does some silly plays because of his josh Reynolds like enthusiasm but I think he has potential. Reminds me a bit of Dale Finucane.
I think he will blossom under Barrett.
Im certain of it. I think he will also end up our captain.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Exactly right. It’s a laugh. Don’t get me wrong. Elliott is a solid first grade player. Marquee nothing.

He isn’t close to the top forwards in the game. Hell as someone else listed there’s at least 8 locks ahead. Without even throwing in other forwards.

He’s a first grade player unlike half our squad but he’s not fucking anything special for first grade.

He’s improved this year. Though he’s had some shit years where he didn’t belong in first grade. I hope we didn’t pay much. He’s not worth it.

While we can say we keep the same roster we get the same results. He’s not exactly stood out as a must keep for a few years. He hardly had to much interest outside warriors...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
While we can say we keep the same roster we get the same results. He’s not exactly stood out as a must keep for a few years. He hardly had to much interest outside warriors...
And dragons and raiders. Parramatta previously. You didn’t mention TPJ, are you guys having a break?