A lot of phone calls from Baz': How Barrett convinced Elliott to stay at Bulldogs

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Any forward pack with Elliot Napa and Jackson in it is rubbish
That’s my opinion and
My opinion only
I’d get my under 7s and 10s to run at them all day without any fear or hesitation
Imagine what a 100kilo fg player would think
Even with my heart condition I'd even take a confident run at them, especially Crapa.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have Elliott in the same category as the players you've listed (at least).

I'd like to know why you think Carrigan is better than Elliott (If Elliott was a QLDer he'd be playing Origin like Carrigan is probably going to, I've seen a few people say this as an argument, but there's a lot more better locks from NSW, bigger player pool, etc)? Stats suggest the complete opposite (I know they don't mean everything, but they're still important to an extent).

Also how many of those locks can ball play (important in the current meta)?

I think lock/Elliott is one of our best positions when comparing to other teams across all positions.
IMO, Carrigan is a lot more consistent player. Elliot is a solid first grader, i just think you over estimate him in comparison to others. Carrigan is probably the only disputable one on my list, as I included his potential. Yeo, Arrow, Finucane and Nathan Brown are clearly more consistent and have had a greater impact on their teams for a number of seasons.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"Andrew Johns praised the Bulldogs for keeping the in-demand back-rower, claiming that he will "play Origin within the next two to three years"

Is it possible that Barrett and Johns are right and some on TK are wwwwrrrro...............

Go Dogs
Johns must be on his happy pills again. No way that Elliot is even in the conversation to play origin unless there is mass injuries. Same article he recommended us to sign Mbye!! LOL BTW in demand? He had one legit offer from the Warriors. I am happy we kept him but lets not pretend that he is some SOO calibre player. He is a good solid clubman

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
IMO, Carrigan is a lot more consistent player. Elliot is a solid first grader, i just think you over estimate him in comparison to others. Carrigan is probably the only disputable one on my list, as I included his potential. Yeo, Arrow, Finucane and Nathan Brown are clearly more consistent and have had a greater impact on their teams for a number of seasons.
Radley
6 games
~58 minutes
1 try (~0.2)
1 try assist (~0.2)
3 line breaks (~0.5)
1 line break assist (~0.2)

~32 tackles
11 tackle breaks (~1.8)
12 miss tackles (~2)
3 offloads (~0.5)
6 errors (~1)
~132 metres
4 penalties

Elliott
7 games
~65 minutes
1 try (~0.1)
2 try assists (~0.3)
0 line breaks
1 line break assist (~0.1)
~37 tackles
15 tackle breaks (~2.1)

27 miss tackles (~3.9)
14 offloads (~2)
3 errors (~0.4)
~106 metres
1 penalty (~0.1)

Brown
9 games
~60 minutes
0 tries
0 try assists
0 line breaks
0 line break assists
~33 tackles
12 tackle breaks (~1.3)
20 miss tackles (~2.2)
17 offloads (~1.9)
2 errors (~0.2)
~157 metres

5 penalties (~0.6)

Keep in mind we're talking about the lock position, not prop. Radley and Elliott are more second rowers than a prop which is why you see Brown with more metres. In today's game I'd much prefer a ball playing lock with attacking stats. From the stats Elliott needs to increase his metres probably by 20% and miss a few less tackles (almost half the amount). That should be his focus for 2021.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hes needed to do that from the start of his 1st grade career and hasn't improved shit
He has improved in errors and penalties tho which we would of said was an issue in previous seasons. Throw in a hit up every now and then (or a line break) and he'd get those extra metres easily. Stop grabbing in defence and those miss tackles would come down a lot too. Being in the current wooden spoon team probably doesn't help either. Up to Elliott and Barrett to fix.

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Radley
6 games
~58 minutes
1 try (~0.2)
1 try assist (~0.2)
3 line breaks (~0.5)
1 line break assist (~0.2)

~32 tackles
11 tackle breaks (~1.8)
12 miss tackles (~2)
3 offloads (~0.5)
6 errors (~1)
~132 metres
4 penalties

Elliott
7 games
~65 minutes
1 try (~0.1)
2 try assists (~0.3)
0 line breaks
1 line break assist (~0.1)
~37 tackles
15 tackle breaks (~2.1)

27 miss tackles (~3.9)
14 offloads (~2)
3 errors (~0.4)
~106 metres
1 penalty (~0.1)

Brown
9 games
~60 minutes
0 tries
0 try assists
0 line breaks
0 line break assists
~33 tackles
12 tackle breaks (~1.3)
20 miss tackles (~2.2)
17 offloads (~1.9)
2 errors (~0.2)
~157 metres

5 penalties (~0.6)

Keep in mind we're talking about the lock position, not prop. Radley and Elliott are more second rowers than a prop which is why you see Brown with more metres. In today's game I'd much prefer a ball playing lock with attacking stats. From the stats Elliott needs to increase his metres probably by 20% and miss a few less tackles (almost half the amount). That should be his focus for 2021.
If Radley, Brown and Elliot are all off contract, you really think that any club would look at Elliot first? He was off contract and only the Warriors put in an offer.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Radley, Brown and Elliot are all off contract, you really think that any club would look at Elliot first? He was off contract and only the Warriors put in an offer.
You'd go for Radley (premium lock) and like I said before Elliott and Brown are on the same level so could go either way (I'd personally go Elliott). It would probably depend if you need a ball playing or prop lock. I just don't get how you'd be happy with Brown but not Elliott. They're on the same level.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He has improved in errors and penalties tho which we would of said was an issue in previous seasons. Throw in a hit up every now and then (or a line break) and he'd get those extra metres easily. Stop grabbing in defence and those miss tackles would come down a lot too. Being in the current wooden spoon team probably doesn't help either. Up to Elliott and Barrett to fix.

Not really. He still gives away stupid penalties until he goes a season without a stupid penalty I won't retract that thought of him.

The errors as well are because hes butter fingers

Compare errors and penalties to radley and Brown, and those players are likely trying to force a play but have a millisecond of misjudgement and not down to stupidity or being butterfingers fuck

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not really. He still gives away stupid penalties until he goes a season without a stupid penalty I won't retract that thought of him.

The errors as well are because hes butter fingers

Compare errors and penalties to radley and Brown, and those players are likely trying to force a play but have a millisecond of misjudgement and not down to stupidity or being butterfingers fuck
1 penalty and 3 errors in 7 games this year. It's barely a talking point in a negative way. I already posted the stats. This year, overall in penalties and errors Elliott is better than both Radley and Brown.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I see you liked it maroondog [emoji106] fun facts aint it. Dudes a joke. A poor one at that. Literally [emoji38]

No wonder his so butthurt. Lost his bf horse and pay. Along with his lunch and free ride under pays desk [emoji38]

Ultimate keyboard warrior. Keep thinking Internet forums make you tough and clicking buttons are hardcore. Pop the champers [emoji38]

Pathetic excuse of life. I won’t waste my time on you little fella. Your exposed for what you are. [emoji38]
Just pointing out two things, I’d rather TPJ than another short, skinny forward with low intelligence like the bloke in the screenshot AND I’m bigger than you so I’m not the little fella :grinning:

DD8EA85F-3550-4AAB-8CC9-5A379F10B8CB.png

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
No shame there? I loved the club and wanted to try my hand and compete in a sport as I’ve always loved contact sports and I was 22. Instead I’ve been in boxing the last 10 years.

I’ll look awful tall with you on your back.

Sit down you little bitch. Go back to sucking pay off with the pony taking turns!

Everyone knows here your nothing but a mouth piece who enjoyed a free ride so pushes the agenda to try to hang onto it.

Meanwhile you couldn’t compete in netball![emoji23]