9 bias - other fans agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate you're not the only one, would love to get everyone on this bandwagon and make sure the only money you are spending on Rugby League goes to the Bulldogs.

Only thing I will be buying is either from Bulldogs store including membership. Will stream games just like you said buddy! great idea! **** the NRL, its time the Bulldogs fans take a stand and stop letting the NRL take out rich club for granted.
Exactly this, they are hurting g the relationship with one of their biggest assets just so the media are happy... We can provide much more the 4 Burger *****, a rich Hollywood did, a massive bandwagon and so called jewel of the league shit.

**** them, they will truly feel our clubs power once we win a premiership when most parts of Sydney will be parting not just 400 people in Redfern...

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
When did charge downs not mean six again?
When did the blood bin rule stop mattering?
When did an entire commentary and every camera angle want to focus on one team?
A 43 year drought is worth mentioning and people can admit they favour that team - good on 'em!
But there was the angle of the Bulldogs history, Bullfrog stories they could have shared to even the exposure.
Sponsors pay a lot of money and to skew the business all Souths way was cheating investors.
I am happy for Souths - they are my second team! I don't blame them at all. I am disappointed at those that are meant to be professional - they are far from professional - they are biased, narrow minded and immature buffoons that have no understanding of honour and integrity, starting with the NRL who should know better and lead by example!

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When did charge downs not mean six again?
When did the blood bin rule stop mattering?
When did an entire commentary and every camera angle want to focus on one team?
A 43 year drought is worth mentioning and people can admit they favour that team - good on 'em!
But there was the angle of the Bulldogs history, Bullfrog stories they could have shared to even the exposure.
Sponsors pay a lot of money and to skew the business all Souths way was cheating investors.
I am happy for Souths - they are my second team! I don't blame them at all. I am disappointed at those that are meant to be professional - they are far from professional - they are biased, narrow minded and immature buffoons that have no understanding of honour and integrity, starting with the NRL who should know better and lead by example!
Played at rule has always been dumb as hell.

I had no issues with any misuse of the blood bin.

The rest of your points I agree with mostly.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
The Nrl aren't stupid. They are milking the green and red cow for all its worth. It's earned them millions in merchandise alone. Their bean counters will be happy.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was there at the game . It was all souths . The singing before the game . The ringing of the bell. That's when I knew it will be a
Souths victory . Paid 400 for my ticket to watch that crap . Souths supporters were like 80% , that crowd figure shocked me . Must have been giving a lot of free tickets to souths fans . A souths chant recording would come
On to start the crowd and man they made you feel like it was their stadium . Pretty disappointed
i feel ya and I was pretty embarrassed we didn't have more supporters at the stadium. I knew we would be out numbered but not by that much if probably even say it was 85% souths 15% dogs. It was very embarrassing

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The thing I found most annoying and I mean it gave me the shits to the point where I was screaming at my tv was the first hit up of the game. The wankers at 9 cut away from the game at hand which was the first set of six where you get the brutal hitups. Instead they put the camera on fkn Burgess and his munted cheekbone and his Mum I was absolutely disgusted!

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Id be curious to know what media personalities that go for the Bulldogs (such as Andrew Moore, Bill Woods etc) felt about the souths wankfest on sunday

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing I found most annoying and I mean it gave me the shits to the point where I was screaming at my tv was the first hit up of the game. The wankers at 9 cut away from the game at hand which was the first set of six where you get the brutal hitups. Instead they put the camera on fkn Burgess and his munted cheekbone and his Mum I was absolutely disgusted!
It happened much more than just that first set (and actually happens quite alot in certain games). We had to see replays of the hit as well as various Burgess brothers walking up the tunnel or being attended to on the sideline rather than live play.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i feel ya and I was pretty embarrassed we didn't have more supporters at the stadium. I knew we would be out numbered but not by that much if probably even say it was 85% souths 15% dogs. It was very embarrassing
What I want to know is how did they get their hands on so many tickets; unless the pride of the league knew well in advance they were going to be there and brought up massively when the first round of tickets went on sale. With restrictions on number of tickets able to be purchased firstly by ticketed and then non ticketed members, things in the later draw for tickets are normally balanced so the two competing teams that do get there have an equal chance of purchasing. I find it extraordinary that we can have a split in a finals game where we get around 75% of a 46000 crowd but can only have 15% of an 83000 crowd at the GF.Figures do not add up. We will never ever know how such a huge discrepancy in ticket distribution occurred.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What I want to know is how did they get their hands on so many tickets; unless the pride of the league knew well in advance they were going to be there and brought up massively when the first round of tickets went on sale. With restrictions on number of tickets able to be purchased firstly by ticketed and then non ticketed members, things in the later draw for tickets are normally balanced so the two competing teams that do get there have an equal chance of purchasing. I find it extraordinary that we can have a split in a finals game where we get around 75% of a 46000 crowd but can only have 15% of an 83000 crowd at the GF.Figures do not add up. We will never ever know how such a huge discrepancy in ticket distribution occurred.
They must have bought up when Tix first went on sale, ie before knowing if they'd made it or not....let's face it, when did you start thinking about buying GF Tix? Maybe after the Manly game, or after the storm game?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They must have bought up when Tix first went on sale, ie before knowing if they'd made it or not....let's face it, when did you start thinking about buying GF Tix? Maybe after the Manly game, or after the storm game?
Don't buy GF tickets. Have a season family pass, purchased semi and finals family tickets but have a limited income. Prices for the GF are ridiculous to be honest and this year the atmosphere at the ground was diabolical according to a lot who attended. Have two young kids as well and even though Monday was a public holiday kids start back school today. We live three and a half to four hours from Sydney as well. The only advantage would be not having to listen to the TV commentary.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
It's a number of factors!

1. South Sydney fans were confident they'd make it way earlier then us and bought during the initial sales during the year!

2. Most neutrals went for South Sydney and GF's are full of them (corporates, ANZ members etc)

3. They made the GF a night before us n thousands of tickets were still available that weren't sold from initial sales... Apparently most went that night n before our Penrith game!

4. 43 years... Majority Ebay tickets would've been sold too South Sydney fans!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to our world in North Queensland. Been copping this crap for years.
I know Qld will get behind you if you make the GF, and would hope that Ch.9 would have the decency to give you the coverage and love-bombing they gave the Bunnies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A client im do a job for was flying home from Perth on the grand final ( he is neutral ) and he was getting the shits that the captain of the plane was giving updates of the game . Every time it was about the dogs he would refer to them as the other team not once said bulldogs

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just opened my emails and found that I had one from Ticketek offering me 2014 Premiers merchandise. Straight to the junk folder.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
A client im do a job for was flying home from Perth on the grand final ( he is neutral ) and he was getting the shits that the captain of the plane was giving updates of the game . Every time it was about the dogs he would refer to them as the other team not once said bulldogs
That's the way it Felt aye... "Pfft the other team"... But the thing people
Don't understand, the Bulldogs will get stronger from all this, from our supporter base to the club!

Cosmo Kramer

Waterboy
Reaction score
I understand what they were trying to do. It had been 43 years or whatever, they felt it was fitting to make a big build up for the Souths - which would have been fine if they also gave a mention of the bulldogs!

TBH, i just laughed at all the bias because i loved us being the underdogs. IT WOULD have been hilarious if they did all that bias build up and we won.

But looking back at it now that we have lost, it's disgusting how one sided the coverage was haha. In the end they should have done it all properly. FFS Honestly i always wonder how some people get their jobs.

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's a number of factors!

1. South Sydney fans were confident they'd make it way earlier then us and bought during the initial sales during the year!

2. Most neutrals went for South Sydney and GF's are full of them (corporates, ANZ members etc)

3. They made the GF a night before us n thousands of tickets were still available that weren't sold from initial sales... Apparently most went that night n before our Penrith game!

4. 43 years... Majority Ebay tickets would've been sold too South Sydney fans!
^^^ This. They qualified for the GF before us and were able to buy GF tickets immediately. We had to wait an extra 24 hours before we knew. Just add it to the list of debacles...

Yea.. Charge-downs... Not 6 again... My tv was lucky to survive those moments... F*ckin rage explosion....

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The entire day was depressing when you look back over it now

Status
Not open for further replies.