9 bias - other fans agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys I have just flicked through a few rival fan forums.
Noticed a common trend throughout most of their gf discussions.
All of them were disgusted in Chanel 9 bias commentary towards souths before during and after the game,

I was at the game and did not get to see the coverage, but I can tell you, that at the game it felt exactly the same,
It appeared very bias towards souths Sydney.

It made for a very disappointing atmosphere as a dogs fan who paid good hard earned coin to be at the game.

I take nothing away from souths and their win,

But before a ball was even kicked it was all about souths,

If you get on fan forums of other clubs, you will see they all felt the same, so it's not a bulldog sour grapes thing.

I think 9 and anz stadium and the nrl who put the entire gf experience together need to have a good hard look at them self.

They need to understand it's wrong of them to do this to us or any club and disrespectful to our club, our players, our members and fans, and to all the rugby league fans from all over the world who took the time to watch or attend the game,

I think action needs to be taken somehow, but how?

It appears that all concerned is to blame in this case.
Not just 9, but the nrl and anz stadium.

Can someone who can articulate this better than myself and knows or has access to get a message to the powers that be, that this is not acceptable, please stand up and reintegrate my post here on the behalf of everyone who loves our game,

Yesterday's performance from all involved was disgraceful

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I find it amusing that other fans thought the dogs would get an easy ride with Greenburg now in heirachy of the NRL. I think last night proved that theory wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The powers that be won't give a flying **** about what you or anyone else thinks.

Sorry for being brutally honest.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
You'll never get rid of bias, and it's crazy to try.

If I was a commentator I would be bias, I wouldn't be able to help it, so therefore I can't blame others for being bias either

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I find it amusing that other fans thought the dogs would get an easy tide with Greenburg now in heir achy of the NRL. I think last night proved that theory wrong.
If anything he will treat us worse to show no bias.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The powers that be won't give a flying **** about what you or anyone else thinks.

Sorry for being brutally honest.
You'll never get rid of bias, and it's crazy to try.

If I was a commentator I would be bias, I wouldn't be able to help it, so therefore I can't blame others for being bias either
Really?
You really think that?
I know bias will always be there, but supposedly professional game organisers and the nrl media and advertising department, and Chanel 9 have an obligation to present what should appear as unbiased on gf day at least.

So let's throw our hands in the air, roll over and die and let this become the norm and turn even more people away from our game,
Then what?

I love the game, and the bulldogs, and when I love something, I feel obliged to stand up and fight to protect it, when it see blatant and deliberate acts that affect the things I love.

And I know deep down all you guys feel the same as I do,
So we should not accept what occurred during the build up, and during, and after this years fg as acceptable, nor should it go un noticed to hopefully put an end to this kind of thing in years to come,

Don't you agree with that?

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Really?
You really think that?
I know bias will always be there, but supposedly professional game organisers and the nrl media and advertising department, and Chanel 9 have an obligation to present what should appear as unbiased on gf day at least.

So let's throw our hands in the air, roll over and die and let this become the norm and turn even more people away from our game,
Then what?

I love the game, and the bulldogs, and when I love something, I feel obliged to stand up and fight to protect it, when it see blatant and deliberate acts that affect the things I love.

And I know deep down all you guys feel the same as I do,
So we should not accept what occurred during the build up, and during, and after this years fg as acceptable, nor should it go un noticed to hopefully put an end to this kind of thing in years to come,

Don't you agree with that?
It is not that big a deal to me. If the worse thing in our game is a few bias commentators then we are going pretty damn well. Ever listened to English commentary?

jamescairns2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What about the ringing of the bell and then playing glory glory before kick off, disgusting.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It is not that big a deal to me. If the worse thing in our game is a few bias commentators then we are going pretty damn well. Ever listened to English commentary?
That's fine if you think nothing of it, but open up your eyes, have a look around outside at what the overwhelming majority of rugby league fans from all teams think about it, except of course souths fans, and you will see, it's killing our game,
The game we all love,
The game that bought us the mighty bulldogs that we all love on the kennel,

Now just because you are fine with sitting through deliberately and bias stadium event and media build up and marketing of our games grand final, doesn't mean it's ok to continue nor that it's wrong and fans have a right to stand up against it,

And as a bulldog loving fan as I know you are, I would rather you stand beside me on this topic for the greater good of our club for years to come, rather than accept it.

I do admire your ability to smell the roses rather than step in shit, it is a quality I respect in my people and in you,

But sometimes you have to take on the fight for the greater good.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
If people are stopping following Rugby League because of bias commentators then they should stop following sport altogether. It is prevalent in every single game, just listen to AFL calls, you have Eddie who is Collingwood bias. Listen to English commentary, they don't even try and hide it.

We are fighting against something that does not need fighting in my opinion. Firstly it is a fight you can never win and secondly it is in my opinion a very minor issue compared with other things wrong with the game.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What about the ringing of the bell and then playing glory glory before kick off, disgusting.
It was, and it was also wrong of Les Johns to get involved in it imo.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If people are stopping following Rugby League because of bias commentators then they should stop following sport altogether. It is prevalent in every single game, just listen to AFL calls, you have Eddie who is Collingwood bias. Listen to English commentary, they don't even try and hide it.

We are fighting against something that does not need fighting in my opinion. Firstly it is a fight you can never win and secondly it is in my opinion a very minor issue compared with other things wrong with the game.
I have no issue with individuals showing bias,
Let's not get confused on the issue I am raising,
I don't care if sterol sings parra all the praises he wants to, or fatty on manly or Gould on the panthers, or walley Lewis on qld or the broncos,
I think that is all good fun and I actually enjoy individuals showing real passion and pride in their own team,

What I can't stand is the nrl itself, allowed Chanel nine as a complete media outlet, not an individual, to broadcast a deliberate one sided running commentary, and build up, and pre game hype to one side and one side alone, and I also felt did nothing to acknowledge the bulldogs especially after the game,

Let's not confuse the real issue,
It's nothing to do with individual bias, but collective bias of broadcast, game day atmosphere and the like.

Do you get where I am coming from?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It was, and it was also wrong of Les Johns to get involved in it imo.
I agree, les johns allowed himself to participate in the South Sydney propaganda.

I think he was extremely misguided if he was encouraged to participate in it all.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You have to understand it's not a sport anymore, its a business. We aren't teams anymore, we are brands.

This year they pushed the Souths brand.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
I have no issue with individuals showing bias,
Let's not get confused on the issue I am raising,
I don't care if sterol sings parra all the praises he wants to, or fatty on manly or Gould on the panthers, or walley Lewis on qld or the broncos,
I think that is all good fun and I actually enjoy individuals showing real passion and pride in their own team,

What I can't stand is the nrl itself, allowed Chanel nine as a complete media outlet, not an individual, to broadcast a deliberate one sided running commentary, and build up, and pre game hype to one side and one side alone, and I also felt did nothing to acknowledge the bulldogs especially after the game,

Let's not confuse the real issue,
It's nothing to do with individual bias, but collective bias of broadcast, game day atmosphere and the like.

Do you get where I am coming from?
Yea I do, but what I am saying also is that it will never change, and to be honest I don't think it needs to.

Souths were the story of this GF, if you can't accept that then that is fine, but I can completely see why they would want to focus on what was the major story of the GF.

They never once bagged out our club or showed it a lack of respect, they just decided to focus on what the majority of the Rugby League following people would have wanted to see and hear. Whether we like it or not most neutrals were hoping Souths could win.

I watched most of the day and they crossed to Belmore many times and spoke to Turvey and a did some good stuff on the Bulldogs, but our story did match Souths story and that surely cannot be denied

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
You have to understand it's not a sport anymore, its a business. We aren't teams anymore, we are brands.

This year they pushed the Souths brand.
Very well said. Even if we don't like it, we can hardly blame a business for trying to do what will help it make more money

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CH9's coverage was disgraceful. ANZ Stadium's entire presentation before the game was even more disgraceful.

You'd be forgiven for thinking only one side was there last night. I feel sorry for all Bulldogs fans that went out there and paid a fortune to watch that horror show.

Status
Not open for further replies.