$7 Million

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hollando-Bloom is Nasheed's hollywood heart throb

3 million is far to low to be called a war chest. It's probably somewhere in between, as the media have shown with the Bellamy & Bennett stories they make up bullshit on a daily basis.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ben the ‘constant narrative’ is the media and TK members throwing darts and not much else.

I was at a member function last year where Andrew Hill made it clear to all present that the club would never discuss any player or position salary and that numbers thrown up in various circles are usually wrong.

Not to speak negatively of your thread but there could be a million guesses at the cap composition but the truth is it won’t ever be known externally and even then known only by a select few who need to know.
Mate, none of us needs to know what each player gets especially our enemies the media, a tight knit organization is normally a successful one.
What ever cap space we have it is very important we spent it wisely, we all understand our situation and it isn't Pay's fault but the time has come as a club we need to rule with our head not heart unfortunately if Pay is the cause for lack of players attraction then the inevitable must happen !
Sooner rather then later !!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, none of us needs to know what each player gets especially our enemies the media, a tight knit organization is normally a successful one.
What ever cap space we have it is very important we spent it wisely, we all understand our situation and it isn't Pay's fault but the time has come as a club we need to rule with our head not heart unfortunately if Pay is the cause for lack of players attraction then the inevitable must happen !
Sooner rather then later !!!
I agree on the salary stuff.
It’s no-ones business and I personally couldn’t care what anyone is on - just that they’re earning it.

Yes, we are almost out of a long dark tunnel, the club simply can’t blow the next chapter, clearly it’s crucial.

As for Pay - I have no issue with him being replaced for the right coach. I’m simply against change for the sake of change until that solution is found.

Yes, if players are sending a message that they won’t sign if Pay is coach the outcome is obvious. I’m just not sure if that is the case, but the board and exec would know and need to act accordingly.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree on the salary stuff.
It’s no-ones business and I personally couldn’t care what anyone is on - just that they’re earning it.

Yes, we are almost out of a long dark tunnel, the club simply can’t blow the next chapter, clearly it’s crucial.

As for Pay - I have no issue with him being replaced for the right coach. I’m simply against change for the sake of change until that solution is found.

Yes, if players are sending a message that they won’t sign if Pay is coach the outcome is obvious. I’m just not sure if that is the case, but the board and exec would know and need to act accordingly.
I am deeply concerned about one thing, if we act too late the solution could become a problem !

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I am deeply concerned about one thing, if we act too late the solution could become a problem !
I know it seems that way because there’s no running commentary but there’s no indication of heads in the sand...

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
$3 million is not a warchest. That can get you maybe 2 elite players and 2 plodders.

For the moment, I am desperately hoping we have more cash to splash.

So far we have recruited a forward from the UK. He is not going to change our results. Not sure how much we paid for him, hopefully not overs.

I’m still waiting for a quality signing. Our next two signings must be current representative players in their mid 20s with strong leadership potential.

Nobody wants to play for us. We need talent to attract talent. Not plodders.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The English winger tommy makinson wants to come to the nrl
And hopefully join his good mate luke Thompson

if they get off their arses and do some research there’s plenty of talent out there

tesi niu still not signed by the broncs and now is being chased by titans

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We don't need wingers.
we need, in order;
- forward enforcer
- hooker
-Fullback/centre

sort those three out and the rest will be much easier

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

if they get off their arses and do some research there’s plenty of talent out there

I didn't realise Niu was still available. He's a talent for sure. He's at fullback now for Brisbane. He could drive his price tag up with some good performances. They have a soft run the next three games too so it will be interesting to see how he goes.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Imagine our team if it looked something like this;
1. Papenhuyzen
2. Smith
3. Hoppa
4. Holland
5. DWZ
6. Averillo
7. Foran
8. Jared wares Hargreaves
9. Jake freind
10. Like Thompson
11. Renouf
12. Jackson
13. Elliott
14 JMK
15 Ogden
16 Napa
17 Tolman

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even nicho Hynes from the storm is a talent
Can play right centre and fullback

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Has Mankinson stated this recently ? I was aware of the talk after his golden boot award or whatever it was. But then he re-committed to Saints

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the worry.. Between Jackson, Napa, Hoppa and DWZ I'd say that's $2 million right there. Napa is a complete waste of money and thankfully is off contract at the end of next year.

Re-signing Jacko for three more years at roughly 600k is dubious at best. That's rep player money and he hasn't played like a rep player for several seasons.

Extending Averillo further has to be done as soon as possible before his value sky rockets and his head gets turned by the Roosters, Souths etc..
You’re right, which is why I think you’re wrong (if you get my drift) :-).

I personally think the number is higher based on a back of the beer coaster calculation but going back to my original post I don’t and very few others actually know the truth.
What we need is some clever accountants like the Roosters have, you know, give each player Minimum 350k now, and at end of their Career there be a 3 bedroom unit on the water waiting on the gold coast along with a a boat and a sports car, or the players go into Canterbury Leagues Club and pull off Major Jackpots on the pokies. If the Roosters can do it and get away with it then why can't we, are they that much smarter than us.?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even nicho Hynes from the storm is a talent
Can play right centre and fullback
And in the halves too. He was tearing up Q Cup last year at a very young age and is as highly rated as Grant was.

These are the types of players we need to try and poach and make decent offers to. He and Cooper Johns are blocked for FG opportunities for the forseeable future.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don't need wingers.
we need, in order;
- forward enforcer
- hooker
-Fullback/centre

sort those three out and the rest will be much easier
I think we need a spread of quality players right across the park. We have issues in
- go forward
- dominant spine players
- speed
- strike backs.

that basically covers every position and to highlight this fact, not 1 of our players would make the Roosters starting side. Massive recruitment failure........

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
And in the halves too. He was tearing up Q Cup last year at a very young age and is as highly rated as Grant was.

These are the types of players we need to try and poach and make decent offers to. He and Cooper Johns are blocked for FG opportunities for the forseeable future.
He’s 25. Nowhere near as highly rated as Grant was.

He’ll look decent when thrown into a Storm team that’s humming along. Not the calibre of player who’s gonna make a difference here.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s 25. Nowhere near as highly rated as Grant was.

He’ll look decent when thrown into a Storm team that’s humming along. Not the calibre of player who’s gonna make a difference here.
I didn't realise he was 24.. Still, Sherwin and Cody Walker were late bloomers. Hynes is still a good player and we need as many more of those as we can get.

I'm glad to see you've come around on Grant though and you're right he's a better prospect. I was saying last year he was ready to make an immediate impact and he has done that and then some.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Supposedly now Niu has re-signed with Brisbane for one year.. Who knows if the club even enquired... You'd think a player like him would be looking for more than a one year deal...

Again, players like Grant, Niu, Burton, Hynes, Johns, Hoy, Crossland etc are exactly the types of players they need to be making offers they can't refuse.

Last edited:

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Imagine our team if it looked something like this;
1. Papenhuyzen
2. Smith
3. Hoppa
4. Holland
5. DWZ
6. Averillo
7. Foran