$7 Million

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do not sign any Roosters players, unless they are up and coming talents who are stuck behind someone.

They are offloading duds left, right and centre to other clubs.

Jake Friend will be another one of those duds, the guy is busted.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As posted elsewhere;

Our first Graders From what I know this year per annum.

hoppa - 600k
DWZ - 600k
Holland -550k
Meaney -350k
Foran -1.2mil (backended)
Napa-650k
Jackson-750k
Elliott-500k
Britt - 250k
Lewis- 350k
Tolman -500k (backended)
You got to be joking

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We definitely didn’t pay Reynolds and there is debate about the rest. I can’t remember off the top of my head if we are still paying Mbye for this year still or was it last year. Someone will remember
Woods signed for 4 years starting in 2018. He left half way through that season. I think we are still paying him to play for the Sharks until the end of next year. I think he is the only one of the players who left that we are still paying. Woods was the biggest waste of salary cap space since T Rex.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Woods signed for 4 years starting in 2018. He left half way through that season. I think we are still paying him to play for the Sharks until the end of next year. I think he is the only one of the players who left that we are still paying. Woods was the biggest waste of salary cap space since T Rex.
Nah they said we aren’t paying anyone anymore elsewhere.

Woods at the time still had some form and rep from tigers. Think we had to pay a fair hit first year and probz this year. I remember them saying though no more paying to play anywhere else!

Was a flop for us and has been for sharks. Massive dud

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Edit, realised I misread something.

Well we have cap space, whatever it is so let's hope we get what we need with it.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well we know 7 million is way off. 30 man squad, with everybody on minimum wage would be 3 million, leaving less than 7. Im sure we have cap space but more than 3 million would be a stretch imo
I was saying in my OP that they've spent up to $7 million for next year. Meaning we'd have between 3-4 million in cap space.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I was saying in my OP that they've spent up to $7 million for next year. Meaning we'd have between 3-4 million in cap space.
Yeh misread it.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldnt matter how much we had under the cap.. Not sold on current admin attracting anyone in demand ..

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've seen numerous reports of the club having "as much as $3 million in cap space".. Who knows if this is a realistic figure or if it's a poor guess by the media..

Every single one of these players contracts for 2021 were handed out by the current regime so they can't point the finger at anyone else... The constant narrative of a war chest or the great work by the club to create cap space doesn't really hold water if we need about eight to ten players and only have $3 million to spend.

Taking Foran, Tolman, CHN, Cogger, Sue, Chrichton, Okunbur, Holland and Elliott out of the equation as they are off contract and adding Thompson, ask yourself if you were building a squad from scratch, do you think the players below are worth 70% of your cap? Where has the money gone?

Will Hopoate
Josh Jackson
Luke Thompson
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Dylan Napa
Lachlan Lewis
Reimis Smith
Jeremy Marshall-King
Joe Stimson
Nick Meaney
Raymond Faitala-Mariner
Okhahifi Ogden
Jake Averillo
Renouf To'omaga
Brandon Wakeham
Isaiah Taas
Sione Katoa
Chris Smith
Dean Britt
Even if your guessing on how much some of the current player's are on, certain player's should never have been signed, Let's start with Dylan I only run hard if I see a golden Arches sign Napa', Lachlan 'I thought forward passes were legal Lewis, Jeremy ' Don't rush me I'm tired Marshall-King', Joe 'I'm overweight and broken down Stimson and definitely the buy of the century, Reimis ' I need a contract upgrade I better stop jogging Smith', Sione 'Hey, can anyone hear me, hello Mr Pay I'm a hooker' Kotoa , Dean 'My dad was way better than me Britt, Kieran 'I need another gold back scratcher, maybe they'll sign me for another million dollar contract Foran' Christian I need stilt's to see over the grass Chrichton, there is about 5 fg player's that are worth keeping and my pick's just for the sake of it are Hopoate, Watene-Zelezniak, Faitala-Mariner, Averillo, Chris Smith and I'll cop it for this one but Meaney who should have been the fullback, which is what he was brought from the knight's for should be retained too.
Also Foran has run out of chances to be re-signed, I know a lot will disagree with me on who I think should be retained and it's just my opinion, and ffs get rid of Pay, Why keep him on if he won't be here next year, I have a bad feeling he will be given another season and we will be still shit!!!