4/5! Why so negative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Im happy with the 2 points however Storm wiil put 50 on us the way we are playing, our defence is not aggressive enough, our line speed has dropped off to 2010/2011 style in the last 2 games.....we were bashing them every tackle in the dragons match which really ****ed with their confidence however our last 2 games i have to be honest we are so soft and not showing the required disipline or the will to win.
got in before me (walked off before finishing post lol).....fully agree!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im happy with the 2 points however Storm wiil put 50 on us the way we are playing, our defence is not aggressive enough, our line speed has dropped off to 2010/2011 style in the last 2 games.....we were bashing them every tackle in the dragons match which really ****ed with their confidence however our last 2 games i have to be honest we are so soft and not showing the required disipline or the will to win.
How do you beat a team who was trying hard 30-20 away if you have no will to win. Put down the meth pipe.

MexicanHat

El Buzzo
Reaction score
In my humble opinion, we made alot of silly mistakes and let in easy tries, howeverrrrrr the hot weather seemed to have affected everyone.

The Titans did play well, they had something to prove and I think the Bulldogs did a good job of keeping them down.

It wasn't the Bulldogs best performance by a long shot, but we took home the cheese so thats all that matters.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Benny Barba's try saver, what a legend! If they scored that things may well of been different.
Pity they werent so desperate when the other soft try went in, we can fix it.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the death-riding begins. It seems like Bulldogs fans are such a hard bunch to please. We are currently 5 games into the season with 1 loss to our tally. Even if three of those wins were a bit scrappy we still have an 80% success rate. Considering that we are adapting to a new coaching style i'm inclined to be happy about the success so far.

I think people are over-reacting pretty badly to a few things for instance Micheal Ennis's current kicking game. While it might not be doing much for us right now, it's good to get the learning curve going while the season is still young. In the long run when he finds a little more form with his kicks it will take a lot of pressure off the halves and make the team a little less predictable. For the last few seasons we've looked a bit average with our kicking game because our kickers have always been under pressure. The side tries something to change that and loads of fans panic because it's not an instant success. We should remember it's a work in process.

In a long season i'd be a little worried if the side already looked like it was hitting it's peak. We do have a few tougher looking games coming up in the next few weeks so i do think we need to improve, but the side doesn't need to have the fans turning on them because the wins we've had were less than perfect. I'll take another 21 scrappy wins before the finals if thats what it takes to get us there in top form. Every win will build the sides confidence and every week we'll learn more about the sides strengths and weaknesses. As long as we've cut the silly errors out by finals time and are looking competitive when they start i'll be a happy dogs fan. I'm not saying people need to stop complaining, just that we ought to tone it down a little for the time being.
Agree with you on this, I think if you support a team you should follow it through thick and thin no matter what. EVERYONE is entitled to theyre opinion, and yeah a club should keep they're fans happy but yeah people on this site are so negative, and the main ones troll or be immature when you put up a post like this.
Good work nice read

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Was at the game as well , was great to see our dogs for the first time in 2012 , will take the win but I rate us travelling only at about 45% , not moving up in defence , forwards look about as scary as a wet tea bag in attack , stupid dropped ball and missed tackles and cheap ball turn over . Dont want to sound negative at all and I love my dogs ..... but the storm and broncos would have put 40+ on us today .
Special mention to our brilliant , brilliant fullback , whatever Greenballs is paying him = triple it !!!

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Everyone is so negative lookin at our for and against we have a pretty decent attack and defense structure. We are still early weeks in, we will get better. Titans were lucky to score on 3 occasions.. the luck was just wow ! but still we proved to b the better team. so we could have easily won 13+ . Overall I think we did a pretty fair job besides a few errors but ill take the 2 points :D

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't rate Hodkinson as a pure playmaker but he is an asset to team due to his ability to guide the team around and get us punching holes in the opposition.

MexicanHat

El Buzzo
Reaction score
Have to say, all hail King Barba who pretty much won it for us.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Most of thier points were lucky apart from 1 try. And to concede 1 genuine try a match isnt bad. Titans fans were saying they had a lot of luck in the first half with the ball hitting goalposts from 2 kickoffs and other things. Titans did try hard all day. I could see they were enthusiastic as they could be and trying everything, but we just were too good. Depending on tomorrow nights match we will have the 2nd or 3rd best defence in the NRL this season so whats your problem? we also 2nd in points scored. Cry me a river
Uhhh because our team has looked pathetic in these last 2 weeks? Honestly stop hating on anyone who isn't jumping with joy with our performances lately.Apart from the two kick offs (One of which led to a try) the other tries they scored should've been prevented. Especially their opening two tries, it was incredible how badly we defended that.

You know if stats told the entire story we should've never lost the 2009 Preliminary Finals. On paper we were a better team all year. I'll take scrappy wins over flashy losses anyday but it doesn't mean we should be pleased with our team for the absolute sh!t they dish up occasionally

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our kicking game definitely needs attention. I agree with many of you that the Titans had an incrdible share of luck - and that lifted them to work harder. Had we put 10 points on them early, I reckon we would have won by a cricket score. It was all about confidence. Even so, the Dogs still came out with a win.

As to the Storm or Broncos putting 40+ on us. I doubt that we would have gone in with the same attitude as against the Titans. We will be fired up when we meet them.
Our halves combination has to settle; and players are still getting to know who does what, and when.

4 out of 5 makes me a very happy Doggies supporter.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our kicking game definitely needs attention. I agree with many of you that the Titans had an incrdible share of luck - and that lifted them to work harder. Had we put 10 points on them early, I reckon we would have won by a cricket score. It was all about confidence. Even so, the Dogs still came out with a win.

As to the Storm or Broncos putting 40+ on us. I doubt that we would have gone in with the same attitude as against the Titans. We will be fired up when we meet them.
Our halves combination has to settle; and players are still getting to know who does what, and when.

4 out of 5 makes me a very happy Doggies supporter.
4 out of 5 makes me a very happy Doggies supporter. <<<<<<<<<<<<, x2

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's good to see a few more of the positive people come out and comment. I'm hoping the performance against the Dragons is a spoiler for how the side will be playing come finals time. By that point Hasler will have all the players in reasonable form or in the lower grades. I think the fact that we've seen the side perform really well against one of the sides who are expected to dominate again this year (Dragons) has lifted peoples expectations a lot. It's hard to accept a loss to a side like Newcastle when we've flogged a supposedly better side already.

Nobody would have expected the Warriors to be in the grand final last season after losing their opening three rounds to Parra, Wests and the Dragons. I'm sure a few people ruled them out as premiership contenders after they got beaten by Brisbane in the first round of the finals too. The big benefit in signing Hasler as a coach is that he's someone who inspires mental toughness in a squad. If the side learns to come back from poor starts it's a big bonus. The impressive thing about the side is that they've shown they wont give up easily even when things aren't coming off for them.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a supporter should be simple. When the win comes celebrate them and be merry FFS. Otherwise, why bother if you're never ever going to be happy. It's not like supporting the sharks who are without a premiership or the Dragons or Parra who have suffered massive droughts. Some people might be better off supporting them and live that misery year in, year out.

And anyone who suggests the Broncos or the Storm would of put 50 on us today have no idea. Each opponent brings a different scenario or mindset, so unless you have a crystal ball hidden in your ass, your logic is flawed.

Last edited by a moderator:

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought we started well.... they only made 16 metres from 5 tackles....
, we were coming off our line and dominating.... they threw the ball wide
on the last... got a heap of luck from an in-field kick... a repeat set and
a lucky try from a bomb.... we lost our way for a while, and they grew in
confidence....

Even at 10 nil down ... we always had them covered, it only needed us to
get our composure back and we were back in the game..

I wish... we played either Souffs or the Tig-pies today... even the Tits would
have torn them one.. Our quest next week should be made easier with
Burgess being carried off, and I think Crock-of-**** is in a bit of trouble...

We aren't there yet.... but we are travelling better than 14 other sides =)

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FFS some people frustrate me, we won! we're 4/5. Even optimistic fans wouldn't of predicted this start, I kno I didn't! We're a young team, we're still learning, new coach, new structures, new style. Considering all this, we're doing pretty f***ing well IMO. Fair call we've been below par these last two weeks. But a win is a win, 2 points at this time of year is money in the bank. Those saying we shuda put 50 on the titans today, STFU! In 2010 we put 60 on the roosters and finished 13th. Who cares if we didn't put 50 on them, we won! Doesnt matter if we win by 1,10,40,50 points, we still get two points. We don't wanna peak in April! Des knows how to build sides, make no mistake we'll peak when it matters, come Sep we'll be peaking guys, so until then I don't giv a **** how we win, 2 points is two points, enjoy the win, oh n to all u Keating haters, STFU! He done well and done his job.

4/5, enjoy it FFS!

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
Make no mistake about it, i'm happy with the 2 points.

But i'd love for us to tighten our defence, so as to have a nice-looking for-and-against...

To all those Dogs fans jizzing over the thought of us putting 50+ on a team, and being more than happy for us to leak 20+ points... give yourselves an uppercut! A strong defence is what wins premierships!

I'd rather win games by 12-4 ... or 22-10...

If we can keep teams to 10 or less, i'd be thrilled... and that will really give us premiership credentials!

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBH i didnt think the Titans played too badly...

They were certainly up for the game

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In our last two matches we did not play well.

In the Knights game Hodko copped the injury and was replaced by Romelo. I'm not bagging Romelo, he's got some skills, he wouldn't be there if he didn't, but setting up attack isn't one of them. When Hodko left, our left side attack was non existant. The Dogs lost the plot and suffered defeat.

Yesterday, against the Titans, the first half was a black comedy. Ennis making a good break then dropping the ball. Two restarts from the Titans hitting the posts whith them regaining posession and on the attack straight away. A Bulldogs kickoff out on the full. A penalty that dudn't find touch. It was a real tear your hair out 40 minutes. To add to that the Dogs defence, forwards and backs was substandard throughout the game. But we won! We won because we.ve got more spirit than we've had for years and back ourselves in attack. The five tries we scored were top quality tries that showed natural ability and team work.

I'm sure Des Hasler will sort out the defence problems. When that happens and the mistakes are minimised I think we'll have a team that will almost match the pre season hype. And James Gavet had his first outing in the NSW Cup this week - there could be more fire power to come.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Some people are so clueless. Not worth trying to even argue. Haters are gonna Hate

Status
Not open for further replies.