4/5! Why so negative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And the death-riding begins. It seems like Bulldogs fans are such a hard bunch to please. We are currently 5 games into the season with 1 loss to our tally. Even if three of those wins were a bit scrappy we still have an 80% success rate. Considering that we are adapting to a new coaching style i'm inclined to be happy about the success so far.

I think people are over-reacting pretty badly to a few things for instance Micheal Ennis's current kicking game. While it might not be doing much for us right now, it's good to get the learning curve going while the season is still young. In the long run when he finds a little more form with his kicks it will take a lot of pressure off the halves and make the team a little less predictable. For the last few seasons we've looked a bit average with our kicking game because our kickers have always been under pressure. The side tries something to change that and loads of fans panic because it's not an instant success. We should remember it's a work in process.

In a long season i'd be a little worried if the side already looked like it was hitting it's peak. We do have a few tougher looking games coming up in the next few weeks so i do think we need to improve, but the side doesn't need to have the fans turning on them because the wins we've had were less than perfect. I'll take another 21 scrappy wins before the finals if thats what it takes to get us there in top form. Every win will build the sides confidence and every week we'll learn more about the sides strengths and weaknesses. As long as we've cut the silly errors out by finals time and are looking competitive when they start i'll be a happy dogs fan. I'm not saying people need to stop complaining, just that we ought to tone it down a little for the time being.

kiamadog

Waterboy
Reaction score
And the death-riding begins. It seems like Bulldogs fans are such a hard bunch to please. We are currently 5 games into the season with 1 loss to our tally. Even if three of those wins were a bit scrappy we still have an 80% success rate. Considering that we are adapting to a new coaching style i'm inclined to be happy about the success so far.

I think people are over-reacting pretty badly to a few things for instance Micheal Ennis's current kicking game. While it might not be doing much for us right now, it's good to get the learning curve going while the season is still young. In the long run when he finds a little more form with his kicks it will take a lot of pressure off the halves and make the team a little less predictable. For the last few seasons we've looked a bit average with our kicking game because our kickers have always been under pressure. The side tries something to change that and loads of fans panic because it's not an instant success. We should remember it's a work in process.

In a long season i'd be a little worried if the side already looked like it was hitting it's peak. We do have a few tougher looking games coming up in the next few weeks so i do think we need to improve, but the side doesn't need to have the fans turning on them because the wins we've had were less than perfect. I'll take another 21 scrappy wins before the finals if thats what it takes to get us there in top form. Every win will build the sides confidence and every week we'll learn more about the sides strengths and weaknesses. As long as we've cut the silly errors out by finals time and are looking competitive when they start i'll be a happy dogs fan. I'm not saying people need to stop complaining, just that we ought to tone it down a little for the time being.
well said Alan,just a work in progress.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Shut up Alan stop being so optimistic

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh anyone who is negative for me is a troll or just plain stupid. 4/5 is very good. We were good today, i was at the game, and Titans didnt really look like scoring most of the match, what they did score had a crapload of luck attached to it apart from 1 barge over try. I mean they hit the goalposts twice kicking off to us and got the ball back. Another try was a bomb and Ennis handed them a try. They didnt make 1 long break all game and rarely broke our line. To the negative ppl, maybe you should follow another team. But then apart from Melbourne nobody else is doing better than us this year so who will you go for? Some ppl will whinge right up to us winning a gf. If we were 9/10, "its only round 10 and we could do better". If we were 19/20...."theres still 6 rounds to go dont count your chickens, and we could go better"......if we were in the GF......"hey we havent won it yet dont count your chickens, and we could go better" and then if we won the GF, they will start whinging about next season. Bunch of girls.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are people really forgetting who we were playing today? Souths and the West Tigers would've put 50 on the Titans today...

They might've had the bounce of the ball go there way as well as a LOT of luck, but given the way they played we still shouldn't have conceded 20 points.

And what is still with us and leaking 50+ metres almost every set?

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Are people really forgetting who we were playing today? Souths and the West Tigers would've put 50 on the Titans today...

They might've had the bounce of the ball go there way as well as a LOT of luck, but given the way they played we still shouldn't have conceded 20 points.

And what is still with us and leaking 50+ metres almost every set?
You are still a knob! Hey BTW did joshy Morris sign with the dragqueens , coz you were deadset positive , go away you negative dope! Carn the Dogs!

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we were very lucky to get away with it today

titans are disgraceful and leaked easy tries to us to gift us a win. they had their own luck of course, but we made crucial errors in good field position and also some absolutely ****house kicks resulting in penalties and them getting the ball when they shouldnt.

a good side would have put us away without a doubt.

ill take the win but will feel less than confident against quality opposition at the moment.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You are still a knob! Hey BTW did joshy Morris sign with the dragqueens , coz you were deadset positive , go away you negative dope! Carn the Dogs!
Uhhh?

I have never made any comment about any player signing with anyone because frankly i do not have any inside sources...

Wow way to go to show how much of an idiot you are

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More than anything im just frustrated with the mistakes in our game. If we eliminate those errors and play with a high completion rate we are going to be tough to beat..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
EXACTLY lalalalala .. are we wanting to be a top 12, a top 8, a top 4, or a top 2 side?

Versus the Knights we played like a Top 15 side. Today against the Titans a Top 12 side. It's winning us games and getting us two points, but these are games that we are expected to win, against sides that haven't been given a hope to win the competition this year.

Our first few weeks started brilliantly, but the Knights last week we were woeful and this week only marginally better. This is against sides we should be easily putting to bed.

Two points will go okay, except in the final series where you need to lift. At the moment the Dogs are playing VERY average football, and are lucky we aren't playing sides that are a genuine threat to the comp, or we would be getting exposed for just how average we are.

Some players are clearly not pulling their weight on the field, leading to loss of momentum when exchanged with bench players.

Sooner or later mediocre games are going to bite us, and hard. Storm, Brisbane, and genuine premiership contending sides will expose us if we don't start to lift in the next few weeks.

Today's win was lucky, we coasted along as always when other sides would have put 40+ on the Titans.

I'm happy with the win, don't get me wrong, but we shouldn't get complacent beating the team 15th on the ladder.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
More than anything im just frustrated with the mistakes in our game. If we eliminate those errors and play with a high completion rate we are going to be tough to beat..
I honestly just want Hodkinson back in the side...

We look like a WHOLE different team with him there. He's actually the one that leads us out there, when we down 12-0 in Rd1 we came back, when the Warriors snuck a 18-16 lead on us we came back to win.

I still would've had confidence in us winning if he was there against the Knights, we lost our structure completely when he went off the field and that has only happened these last two weeks. Before we stuck to Hasler's plan and eventually came away with the win

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
our kicking is still a problem and we were giving up too many meters through the ruck....was a scrappy win by the boys but im definately happy we walked away with the 2 points

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we are so great we only pull our finger out and focus when we have to, like in the final 20 and things are desperate we know what to do.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Are people really forgetting who we were playing today? Souths and the West Tigers would've put 50 on the Titans today...They might've had the bounce of the ball go there way as well as a LOT of luck, but given the way they played we still shouldn't have conceded 20 points.And what is still with us and leaking 50+ metres almost every set?
Most of thier points were lucky apart from 1 try. And to concede 1 genuine try a match isnt bad. Titans fans were saying they had a lot of luck in the first half with the ball hitting goalposts from 2 kickoffs and other things. Titans did try hard all day. I could see they were enthusiastic as they could be and trying everything, but we just were too good. Depending on tomorrow nights match we will have the 2nd or 3rd best defence in the NRL this season so whats your problem? we also 2nd in points scored. Cry me a river

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we were very lucky to get away with it today

titans are disgraceful and leaked easy tries to us to gift us a win. they had their own luck of course, but we made crucial errors in good field position and also some absolutely ****house kicks resulting in penalties and them getting the ball when they shouldnt.

a good side would have put us away without a doubt.

ill take the win but will feel less than confident against quality opposition at the moment.

X 2, I was at the game and I saw it the same way!!! Souths will not be so nice to us come next Friday if we don't smarten up a little like kicking out on the full after a penalty, kicking the ball dead and some out of character poor defence.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
X 2, I was at the game and I saw it the same way!!! Souths will not be so nice to us come next Friday if we don't smarten up a little like kicking out on the full after a penalty, kicking the ball dead and some out of character poor defence.
Most of thier points were scored from kicks or kickoffs hitting posts, only 1 try was actually bad defence. We have the 2nd best defence in the NRL if tomorrows match isnt a super low score. I dont see any problem there. The mistakes are random and even the people making them are having otherwise good games and not really repeating them. Look at Frank. He knocked on a few times today, and gave away a few penalties. Ppl forget that though because of what else he does.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im happy with the 2 points however Storm wiil put 50 on us the way we are playing, our defence is not aggressive enough, our line speed has dropped off to 2010/2011 style in the last 2 games.....we were bashing them every tackle in the dragons match which really ****ed with their confidence however our last 2 games i have to be honest we are so soft and not showing the required disipline or the will to win.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
we are lacking Cohesion and just need time to gel......

But really if we were playing a decent team today we would have been down by 30 at half time.....last week and again this week our line speed in defence has been extremely poor...slipping back to the moore days where we'd just sit back and allow them to come to us.

In the first 3 rounds we were rushing up in defence as one and forcing them in to mistakes, now we sit back and allow them to dictate the play our kick chase has also been very poor in the last 2 weeks, where we had the best kick chase in the comp for the first 3 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.