SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

1st Semi Final
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Sydney Roosters
Fri September 17 2021, 7:50pm
at BB Print Stadium Mackay

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jason Saab 3. Brad Parker 4. Morgan Harper 5. Reuben Garrick 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Lachlan Croker 16. Sean Keppie 11. Haumole Olakau'atu 12. Josh Schuster 13. Jake Trbojevic

10. Martin Taupau 14. Dylan Walker 15. Karl Lawton 17. Taniela Paseka

19. Moses Suli

Sydney Roosters

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Adam Keighran 5. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Lachlan Lam 7. Drew Hutchison 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 20. Ben Marschke 10. Isaac Liu 11. Angus Crichton 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Victor Radley

14. Sam Walker 15. Nat Butcher 16. Egan Butcher 17. Fletcher Baker

18. Dale Copley

Referees: Gerard Sutton;Sideline Officials: Dave Munro, Todd Smith;Video Referees: Ashley Klein;

2nd Semi Final
Penrith Panthers v Parramatta Eels
Sat September 18 2021, 7:50pm
at BB Print Stadium Mackay

Penrith Panthers

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Stephen Crichton 3. Paul Momirovski 4. Matt Burton 20. Brent Naden 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. James Fisher-Harris 17. Liam Martin 12. Kurt Capewell 13. Isaah Yeo

11. Viliame Kikau 14. Mitch Kenny 15. Scott Sorensen 16. Tevita Pangai Junior

19. Izack Tago

Parramatta Eels

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Haze Dunster 3. Viliami Penisini 4. Waqa Blake 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Ray Stone 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Marata Niukore 13. Nathan Brown

14. Will Smith 15. Isaiah Papali'i 16. Bryce Cartwright 17. Ryan Matterson

18. Makahesi Makatoa

Referees: Ashley Klein;Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Jon Stone;Video Referees: Grant Atkins;

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sam Verrills lost his appeal and is suspended 2 weeks.

What a joke of a suspension.
Well I notice that conveniently every one else bar Sue from the Knights got fines this week rather than time out

The Eels can breathe a huge sigh of relief after forward pair Junior Paulo and Marata Niukore escaped suspension ahead of the weekend's blockbuster semi-final against rivals Penrith.
Paulo was charged with a grade one careless high tackle for a shot on Kurt Mann in the 56th minute of Sunday's elimination final win over the Knights.

The NSW Origin prop can walk away with a $1600 fine if he enters an early guilty plea.

Meanwhile, Niukore has also escaped with a fine after he was charged with grade one dangerous contact for a hit on Connor Watson.

The star back-rower will be issued a fine of $1800 if he enters an early guilty plea.

Niukore has form having been charged once already this year for careless high tackle, has previously been done for crusher tackle in 2020 and another within two years previous to that..
Marata Niukore (Parramatta Eels)Grade 2 High Tackle - Careless 2 weeks

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Hasler has masterminded the easy path to the GF now.
Verrils missing isn't going to make much difference TBH, he's pretty average. Souths will be very hard to beat in the prelim final, especially with the ref riding them home. I don't think Des will be seeing grand final day this year.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam Verrills lost his appeal and is suspended 2 weeks.

What a joke of a suspension.
I don't think it would have made much difference as we're running on empty. I was expecting him to get downgraded since we're the NRL pets and Nick and Pete share spit from time to time, but it'll be Manly by 20, 30 if Sutton reams us like he usually does.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I don't think it would have made much difference as we're running on empty. I was expecting him to get downgraded since we're the NRL pets and Nick and Pete share spit from time to time, but it'll be Manly by 20, 30 if Sutton reams us like he usually does.
You guys have won every penalty count and got the rub of the green every game since Robinson had a whinge in the presser, best $20k Politis has spent, I'd say you'll get the same treatment this week as well. Wouldn't surprise if you roll Manly.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys have won every penalty count and got the rub of the green every game since Robinson had a whinge in the presser, best $20k Politis has spent, I'd say you'll get the same treatment this week as well. Wouldn't surprise if you roll Manly.
You know as well as I that the knee jerk reactions from the NRL only ever last two weeks. Manly will win the penalty count and the 6 agains, mark my words.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nothing to do with who wins the game. It's about the suspension and how he didn't do anything wrong. The NRL are turning the game into a joke.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Nothing to do with who wins the game. It's about the suspension and how he didn't do anything wrong. The NRL are turning the game into a joke.
Shoulder hit the bloke flush on the face. Accident or not he got what he deserved IMO as far as the suspension went. Kelly had to leave the field for treatment whereas Verrils got to stay on the field. Fairest punishment would've been 10 in the bin plus 1 week suspension. Would've been 1 week anyway if Roosters didn't challenge the suspension which turned it into 2 weeks?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Shoulder hit the bloke flush on the face. Accident or not he got what he deserved IMO as far as the suspension went. Kelly had to leave the field for treatment whereas Verrils got to stay on the field. Fairest punishment would've been 10 in the bin plus 1 week suspension. Would've been 1 week anyway if Roosters didn't challenge the suspension which turned it into 2 weeks?
Verrills didn't move at all. The guy ran into his shoulder.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Verrills didn't move at all. The guy ran into his shoulder.
thats right, Verrills should have dipped, poor technique. It was a suspension but Paulo should also have gone, they both hit them in the head

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
thats right, Verrills should have dipped, poor technique. It was a suspension but Paulo should also have gone, they both hit them in the head
He shouldn't have to dip. He's standing straight and the guy fell into him.