2021 Finals Week 2 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Verrills didn't move at all. The guy ran into his shoulder.
By that logic a bloke can take a hit-up with his elbow fully cocked. If a defender is stupid enough to run into it and bust his jaw: then fuck it, play on.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There are many ways to make a tackle.
a front on tackle tackling high you always dip, as i said bad tackle tech. It is universally taught that way these days, dip and hit on or under the ball. you dont stand straight like he did, he also looses any power with no dip

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
a front on tackle tackling high you always dip, as i said bad tackle tech. It is universally taught that way these days, dip and hit on or under the ball. you dont stand straight like he did, he also looses any power with no dip
Verills looks to be "dipping" to me, for perfect alignment to dislodge the ball if Kelley doesn't fall;

1631685917179.png

FMD I must be sick, defending a Chooks player.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Verills looks to be "dipping" to me, for perfect alignment to dislodge the ball if Kelley doesn't fall;

View attachment 30265

Always a Bulldog
great shot, look at the 12 beside him, that is dipping into the tackle. hit him at that and all is ok. he is dipping he is leaning, no power base at all in that tackle.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
great shot, look at the 12 beside him, that is dipping into the tackle. hit him at that and all is ok. he is dipping he is leaning, no power base at all in that tackle.
Timing, if Kelley doesn't fall into him then Verills has time and space to carry on the dipping that he has already started.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Timing, if Kelley doesn't fall into him then Verills has time and space to carry on the dipping that he has already started.

Always a Bulldog
you dip from the knees, hands up elbows in, dont see any of that. Incorrect technique but it is a split second response. i dont agree with the suspension but thats the rules at present and Paulo should have gone also.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score

View attachment 30265

Always a Bulldog
Kelly's level didn't change at all from 1st impact by the bloke that hit him before Verrils did. Verrils was always going to hit him at that height.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly will defeat the Roosters by 30.
Penrith will defeat Parramatta by 24

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By that logic a bloke can take a hit-up with his elbow fully cocked. If a defender is stupid enough to run into it and bust his jaw: then fuck it, play on.
That's as ridiculous as saying Kelly deliberately threw himself into Verills to get the penalty. You can run with your arms in front of you, but you can't raise them to deliberately hit a defender in the head.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly will defeat the Roosters by 30.
Penrith will defeat Parramatta by 24
Those score lines will be fairly close to the mark and if I'm being honest, I'd rather lose to Manly by 30 than can beat by the scabs by any number.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those score lines will be fairly close to the mark and if I'm being honest, I'd rather lose to Manly by 30 than can beat by the scabs by any number.
Actually think the Roosters are a good chance because good sides will shut Turbo down. Melbourne showed the blueprint.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually think the Roosters are a good chance because good sides will shut Turbo down. Melbourne showed the blueprint.
As a Roosters supporter I rarely tip against them but they are no chance of winning now having lost Manu Taukeiho and Verrills in recent weeks . Turbo will score at least 2 tries and Manly will score 40 plus

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a Roosters supporter I rarely tip against them but they are no chance of winning now having lost Manu Taukeiho and Verrills in recent weeks . Turbo will score at least 2 tries and Manly will score 40 plus
Weirdly Verrils out is the best news for you. Walker might play more than 5 minutes. All over Roosters line and a bit Head to Head whilst I think Manly win it won't be by as much as many think.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weirdly Verrils out is the best news for you. Walker might play more than 5 minutes. All over Roosters line and a bit Head to Head whilst I think Manly win it won't be by as much as many think.
No it’s not. Verrills is a really good number nine . Big loss

Paul Depodesta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some of the suspensions this year and rulings have been extremely inconsistent to say the least
but you ist have to move on because the nrl simply doesn’t care about the fans in general

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
That's as ridiculous as saying Kelly deliberately threw himself into Verills to get the penalty. You can run with your arms in front of you, but you can't raise them to deliberately hit a defender in the head.
Freakzilla said Verrills didn't move at all and Kelly fell onto his shoulder. So as I pointed out in a post after that, Kelly's head didn't dip whatsoever after he was first impacted by Toupinua so in that regard Verrills was always going to contact Kelly in the face. That makes it a careless tackle.