2019 Federal Election

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tanya Pilbersek has officially stated "now is not my time", for her to challenge for ALP leadership, citing having a young family and no interest in the top job at present (as she does not want to cut into family time with the additional responsibility of ALP leadership.

Could also be she'd get torn to shreds given her husbands criminal past, as he'd get dragged into it.

Mr Coutts-Trotter is a senior New South Wales public servant who has just been promoted to secretary of the Department of Justice, on top of his existing role as boss of Family and Community Services. As a teenager Mr Coutts-Trotter had become addicted to heroin and dealt the drug to fund his habit. He was arrested for conspiring to import half a kilogram of heroin from Thailand and served two years and nine months in jail.

Anyway Albanese looks short odds to take over, but if he leads them into the next election it'll be a LNP bloodbath.

This is so true..

upload_2019-5-20_16-45-2.png

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not entirely relevant, because economics goes in ebs and flows, and is influenced by other markets. There are articles out there stating that historically both parties have balanced the economy equally, just in different ways.

People will try and swing it another way, just like the so called polls that Shorten was going to make this a close election.
Close?!?!!? They said it was. Sure thing lol. Too bad for them they forgot how many homophobic, transphobic bigoted misogynists are left in Australia. Essentially my sarcasm is actually what lefties believe to them losing this election lol.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol that’s far from true. We’ve already seen Kerri-Anne Kennerley throw a spectacular shitfit just because polling predicted a Labor win.... ranting about the end of life as we know it if Labor won and all sorts of nonsense. When the coalition lose, you can put your money on disgruntled supporters wailing and ranting about the ruination of the country. The only difference is they talk about the ruination of the economy while we talk about the ruination of our planet and public services.

Personally, I’m very disappointed by this result and fearful for our collective futures. We’ve already heard an inside perspective from Wolfie as to what these goons are doing to our health care system and she’s far from a stereotypical lefty. The truth is that the Liberal
Party does not and never has looked out for every day Australians, it never has and never will look out for our environment and people with common sense are becoming increasingly more frustrated because they fear without change, things will soon be fucked up beyond repair.

I’m not going to threaten to leave the country, but I am definitely saddened and pissed off that so many Australians do not consider the environmental shithole we are digging ourselves into or the rapidly deteriorating quality of our public health care system to be major concerns. I think once again, this nation has its priorities wrong and it’s people’s kids and grandkids who will suffer the most.

But hey, who cares if it’s getting hot outside as long as we have tax breaks to cover the cost of air conditioning, right?

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol that’s far from true. We’ve already seen Kerri-Anne Kennerley throw a spectacular shitfit just because polling predicted a Labor win.... ranting about the end of life as we know it if Labor won and all sorts of nonsense. When the coalition lose, you can put your money on disgruntled supporters wailing and ranting about the ruination of the country. The only difference is they talk about the ruination of the economy while we talk about the ruination of our planet and public services.

Personally, I’m very disappointed by this result and fearful for our collective futures. We’ve already heard an inside perspective from Wolfie as to what these goons are doing to our health care system and she’s far from a stereotypical lefty. The truth is that the Liberal
Party does not and never has looked out for every day Australians, it never has and never will look out for our environment and people with common sense are becoming increasingly more frustrated because they fear without change, things will soon be fucked up beyond repair.

I’m not going to threaten to leave the country, but I am definitely saddened and pissed off that so many Australians do not consider the environmental shithole we are digging ourselves into or the rapidly deteriorating quality of our public health care system to be major concerns. I think once again, this nation has its priorities wrong and it’s people’s kids and grandkids who will suffer the most.

But hey, who cares if it’s getting hot outside as long as we have tax breaks to cover the cost of air conditioning, right?
We are just preventing another ice age mate so calm your farm

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
LOL dekepefc .. your other post was better :D

One thing I find with politics is people look at it like their favourite sporting side playing their most hated. ALP vs LNP is like Bulldogs vs Roosters.

When their side doesn't win they crack the shits.

How they SHOULD be viewing it, is by who the best local member (HOR) person is for their local area, because that's who will ultimately get things done that personally impacts you and your community.

Those local members get voted in and form seats to claim House of Reps makeup.

So what we have actually seen is that people are happy with existing LNP local members in their areas, or fed up with ALP local members in their areas.

If ALP fans want to blame anyone, don't directly blame Shorten (as the mouthpiece), but rather ALP local members for not doing enough to get voters voting for them again.

If things go along like they are, ALP will probably drop another 2-3 seats by next federal election as demographics in ALP strong areas in Western Sydney are changing at a rapid rate. 7.5 and 3% swings in 2 ALP strongholds, and they lost the Blue Mountains to Liberals.

All I'm reading sour grapes. ALP supporters going on like Dogs fans when the ref shafts us and costs us a game. I can't help feeling ALP also did damage with Shorten talking about separating from the Monarchy if he got in. That and increasing or removing the GST and applying a blanket tax to everything.

The other thing that is constantly hurting the ALP, is hopping in bed with the Greens to attract new voters has backfired. They've gone so far left that they've pissed off voters that would traditionally have voted for their non left wing approach.

Those complaining are just shitty because Bullshit Bill stopped just short of offering everyone personal handjobs if he won the election. Now everyones cracked the sads because they are not getting money from a "so called/face value" tax decease. Reality is that most goods and services would have skyrocketed in price due to the unions pulling rank and asking for upgraded pay packets, and with Shorten bringing back penalty rates.

Health Care system is looked after mainly by STATE governments not FEDERAL.

ALP have lost ANOTHER seat, dropping two now from the previous election.
LNP have 70 confirmed, 5 leading on first prefs, and 3 marginal but swinging in their favour, bringing a projected total of 78 seats, and a majority in the House of Reps.

Senate looks like LNP have a majority with about 33 seats, increasing last elections result by 2. ALP about 27 and increased by 1 (due to smaller parties losing out like Hinch's party, One Nation, and Palmer United). Xenophons party (Center Alliance) has 2 seats it appears.

Summary is that LNP will have majority voting in both upper and lower houses, so there will be no excuse really for not kicking on with things how they have planned.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So what we have actually seen is that people are happy with existing LNP local members in their areas, or fed up with ALP local members in their areas
That's not true. Clive palmer had a big impact on this election, particularly nsw and qld. It just so happens his preferences go to the coalition

As to how serious palmer was taking this election? Well he was holidaying in Fuji just last week.

Palmer pulled off a rort of our voting system and we should see in the near future his mines being approved by the government without any hassle.

As far as your earlier racism comment goes (in your previous post), one nation, uap, Australia first, Fraser anning, etc guess where all their preferences ended up?

Actually quite a bit of your analysis is quite a stretch.

But I'm not going to argue it on this forum. It's a waste of time, as evidenced by a whole bunch of garbage (e.g negative gearing, franking credits, death taxes that were all posted incorrectly) from many different posters, pre election, in this thread.

I'll stick to my first post in this thread. Theres a crash in the economy coming and it's all the coalitions fault. You all gladly jumped on their bandwagon and everyone's going to cop it. Labors not going to be there again to pull the country out of it. So when the time comes I'll be gloating.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The swing against labour happened in an area where people live together in houses with multiple families and invest in property
And the rest of the hard working people who don’t fancy being taxed to death and after...
40% inheritance tax cooked the bloke

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
LOL dekepefc .. your other post was better :D

One thing I find with politics is people look at it like their favourite sporting side playing their most hated. ALP vs LNP is like Bulldogs vs Roosters.

When their side doesn't win they crack the shits.

How they SHOULD be viewing it, is by who the best local member (HOR) person is for their local area, because that's who will ultimately get things done that personally impacts you and your community.

Those local members get voted in and form seats to claim House of Reps makeup.

So what we have actually seen is that people are happy with existing LNP local members in their areas, or fed up with ALP local members in their areas.

If ALP fans want to blame anyone, don't directly blame Shorten (as the mouthpiece), but rather ALP local members for not doing enough to get voters voting for them again.

If things go along like they are, ALP will probably drop another 2-3 seats by next federal election as demographics in ALP strong areas in Western Sydney are changing at a rapid rate. 7.5 and 3% swings in 2 ALP strongholds, and they lost the Blue Mountains to Liberals.

All I'm reading sour grapes. ALP supporters going on like Dogs fans when the ref shafts us and costs us a game. I can't help feeling ALP also did damage with Shorten talking about separating from the Monarchy if he got in. That and increasing or removing the GST and applying a blanket tax to everything.

The other thing that is constantly hurting the ALP, is hopping in bed with the Greens to attract new voters has backfired. They've gone so far left that they've pissed off voters that would traditionally have voted for their non left wing approach.

Those complaining are just shitty because Bullshit Bill stopped just short of offering everyone personal handjobs if he won the election. Now everyones cracked the sads because they are not getting money from a "so called/face value" tax decease. Reality is that most goods and services would have skyrocketed in price due to the unions pulling rank and asking for upgraded pay packets, and with Shorten bringing back penalty rates.

Health Care system is looked after mainly by STATE governments not FEDERAL.

ALP have lost ANOTHER seat, dropping two now from the previous election.
LNP have 70 confirmed, 5 leading on first prefs, and 3 marginal but swinging in their favour, bringing a projected total of 78 seats, and a majority in the House of Reps.

Senate looks like LNP have a majority with about 33 seats, increasing last elections result by 2. ALP about 27 and increased by 1 (due to smaller parties losing out like Hinch's party, One Nation, and Palmer United). Xenophons party (Center Alliance) has 2 seats it appears.

Summary is that LNP will have majority voting in both upper and lower houses, so there will be no excuse really for not kicking on with things how they have planned.
You can call it sour grapes if you like. I’m calling it legitimate and rational fear for the future of the country and planet. Potato, potah-to... lol

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And the rest of the hard working people who don’t fancy being taxed to death and after...
40% inheritance tax cooked the bloke
@Mr Invisible there you go heres example A.

The "death tax". There was no such thing.

Josh frydenburg referenced some labor member from a few years ago saying the top 1% of earners should have an estate tax (like they do in the US).

1. The top 1% of earners usually use a whole bunch of tax loopholes during their life time to escape paying taxes, hence they're essentially not positively contributing to the public services they use. Which was the reasoning for proposing an estate tax

2. This "death" tax nonsense all of a sudden made everyone in Australia the top 1% of earners

The sheer idiocy of this "death tax" being repeated by the voter base had me shaking my head

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol that’s far from true. We’ve already seen Kerri-Anne Kennerley throw a spectacular shitfit just because polling predicted a Labor win..
Dont forget

Alan Jones
Andrew bolt
Rowan dean
Bronwyn bishop
Many if the sky after dark

They were in complete hysterics at the thought of labor winning. It was a massive meltdown.

But only "lefties" melt down.

Mind you if we're going to start on the whole plyberseks husband stuff as well we could also look at the following

Murray darling basin water buy back
Hello world tourism closed tender
Paladin closed tender
30 million gift to foxtel
Christmas island PR photo stunt
440 million to a great barrier reef foundation that never asked for it
a very very soft proposed ICAC for federal government
The member for dawson being in the phillipines more than he was in Australia (when he was supposed to be sitting in parliament)
The member for Dickson proposing child care center funding, without disclosing that his wife owns childcare centers
And theres a whole lot more I could add to that list but yet a few of those names, barnaby joyce Christensen dutton all GREW their electoral margins.

It seems hypocrisy is lost on some

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems like we’re gonna have our own leftards going not being able to accept the election result like in America with trump.
Let the impeachment games commence.
It’s highly hypocritical of the left to say you have to accept the results of an election unless it goes the other way lol.
Anyways I guess people will die randomly now as liberals just got voted in.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Every ALP voters home after the tally room showed LNP blast past for an unbeatable lead.

and then shortly followed by this reaction as Shorten conceeds and steps down.

Reminds me of this..

upload_2019-5-20_19-32-24.png

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Seems like we’re gonna have our own leftards going not being able to accept the election result like in America with trump.
Let the impeachment games commence.
It’s highly hypocritical of the left to say you have to accept the results of an election unless it goes the other way lol.
Anyways I guess people will die randomly now as liberals just got voted in.
Because righties rolled out the welcome mat for Obama when he was elected.... and didn’t try to delegitimise the Rudd/ Gillard government at all.

Talk about selective finger pointing.... lol

I accept the election result.... doesn’t mean I’m going to sugar coat what I think of the outcome.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because righties rolled out the welcome mat for Obama when he was elected.... and didn’t try to delegitimise the Rudd/ Gillard government at all.

Talk about selective finger pointing.... lol

I accept the election result.... doesn’t mean I’m going to sugar coat what I think of the outcome.
What do you mean bro lol. I remember a tremendous amount of conservatives voting for Obama (mainly coz he was black and thought that a colour of someone’s skin equals a good president). The anti Obama came in his second term when people were starting to realise, oh wtf his actually a shit **** and msm brainwashed me to think voting for him was right coz he black. Sort of like the 2016 election, the whole rhetoric of voting for Hilary coz she a woman and it’s time for a woman president lol.
Julia Gillard was an absolute flop though. People mainly liked her coz she was an atheist and felt finally the privileged Christians won’t be so privileged anymore lol.
I do not remember division when these lefties were elected like it is today, I do not remember 99% of msm including Hollywood and co being against a political group. Can you sit there and actually say that Obama copped the same or more from msm as trump and conservatives now? I need to red
Pill you one day (no homo Intended)

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What do you mean bro lol. I remember a tremendous amount of conservatives voting for Obama (mainly coz he was black and thought that a colour of someone’s skin equals a good president). The anti Obama came in his second term when people were starting to realise, oh wtf his actually a shit **** and msm brainwashed me to think voting for him was right coz he black. Sort of like the 2016 election, the whole rhetoric of voting for Hilary coz she a woman and it’s time for a woman president lol.
Julia Gillard was an absolute flop though. People mainly liked her coz she was an atheist and felt finally the privileged Christians won’t be so privileged anymore lol.
I do not remember division when these lefties were elected like it is today, I do not remember 99% of msm including Hollywood and co being against a political group. Can you sit there and actually say that Obama copped the same or more from msm as trump and conservatives now? I need to red
Pill you one day (no homo Intended)
Lol your memory is a bit selective, champ. Opposition to Obama started as soon as people realised he was a big chance of winning the presidency.... and yes, it was amped up even more after he won a second term.... but FYI, this is this Liberal government’s third term now, so it’s not like we haven’t seen evidence they will go to great lengths to fuck the health care system and will do sweet fuck all to mitigate the effects of climate change. Gillard was far from terrible.... unfortunately good legislation she introduced (including a carbon tax) was savaged by Abbott and his team of wreckers just like her reputation. She was far from perfect as a leader, but the opposition at the time and media accomplices did a very effective job of making her look a lot worse than she was.

Obama’s copped a lot of criticism.... probably unfair to compare him to Trump.... Obama’s never faced multiple allegations of sexual harassment.... he never called for acts of violence to be carried out against those who opposed him, he never arranged meetings between family members and high ranking officials from his nation’s biggest political rival in shady, secretive circumstances, he never alienated and fired so many of his own staffers as they lost faith in him and he never obstructed justice by firing or threatening to fire numerous public officials who were tasked with investigating him for multiple crimes.

Let’s be honest, trump has given his critics plenty of ammunition (and not just from a policy POV).

If he had let the investigations against him play out rather than constantly meddling in the process, his political enemies would have less to complain about.

I think Obama sold out and was a disappointment, tbh....bit at least he conducted his business with some semblance of dignity and didn’t go to such great lengths to abuse his power. Firing people tasked with investigating you is a great way to go about looking like a criminal. Just sayin’.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol your memory is a bit selective, champ. Opposition to Obama started as soon as people realised he was a big chance of winning the presidency.... and yes, it was amped up even more after he won a second term.... but FYI, this is this Liberal government’s third term now, so it’s not like we haven’t seen evidence they will go to great lengths to fuck the health care system and will do sweet fuck all to mitigate the effects of climate change. Gillard was far from terrible.... unfortunately good legislation she introduced (including a carbon tax) was savaged by Abbott and his team of wreckers just like her reputation. She was far from perfect as a leader, but the opposition at the time and media accomplices did a very effective job of making her look a lot worse than she was.

Obama’s copped a lot of criticism.... probably unfair to compare him to Trump.... Obama’s never faced multiple allegations of sexual harassment.... he never called for acts of violence to be carried out against those who opposed him, he never arranged meetings between family members and high ranking officials from his nation’s biggest political rival in shady, secretive circumstances, he never alienated and fired so many of his own staffers as they lost faith in him and he never obstructed justice by firing or threatening to fire numerous public officials who were tasked with investigating him for multiple crimes.

Let’s be honest, trump has given his critics plenty of ammunition (and not just from a policy POV).

If he had let the investigations against him play out rather than constantly meddling in the process, his political enemies would have less to complain about.

I think Obama sold out and was a disappointment, tbh....bit at least he conducted his business with some semblance of dignity and didn’t go to such great lengths to abuse his power. Firing people tasked with investigating you is a great way to go about looking like a criminal. Just sayin’.
I’d take a white guy who uses naughty words but gets the job done over a “polite nice black guy who only talks and gets nothing done” but I’m bias like that.

Also trump has been found innocent and always was of Russian meddling lmao. Please tell me you’re still not on that bro. You think if there was legit evidence there given how many agencies, msm is against him they wouldn’t have found something by now? It’s time to move on from what msm fed everyone to looking at the facts. Like illegal immigration is illegal hence illegal immigration. You can’t use the excuse of ohhhh I’m a human it’s my land to lol. Also did you hear how a large minority of kids coming across the border illegally aren’t related to their supposed parents after getting them DNA tested? Lollllll

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Every ALP voters home after the tally room showed LNP blast past for an unbeatable lead.

and then shortly followed by this reaction as Shorten conceeds and steps down.

Reminds me of this..

View attachment 10039
You seem to be finding all this pretty funny at the moment. I guess you must be doing pretty well at the moment with full time employment and no reliance at all on government support now or in the future. I hope that is the case mate because if it isn't get all your laughing in now.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’d take a white guy who uses naughty words but gets the job done over a “polite nice black guy who only talks and gets nothing done” but I’m bias like that.

Also trump has been found innocent and always was of Russian meddling lmao. Please tell me you’re still not on that bro. You think if there was legit evidence there given how many agencies, msm is against him they wouldn’t have found something by now? It’s time to move on from what msm fed everyone to looking at the facts. Like illegal immigration is illegal hence illegal immigration. You can’t use the excuse of ohhhh I’m a human it’s my land to lol. Also did you hear how a large minority of kids coming across the border illegally aren’t related to their supposed parents after getting them DNA tested? Lollllll
Please try to understand and comprehend my actual argument. I’m not talking about whether he was actually guilty or not.... I am pointing out he abused his podition on numerous occasions to fire or pressure people, do people have good reason to question whether he is truly innocent. How many people who have been charged with investigating the man over the past three years has he fired or threatened? How many of his own team members have been fired and subsequently come out and said he’s childish, idiotic and outright crazy?

Whether he is guilty, or innocent, going around abusing his power to threaten or fire people those charged with investigating him is only going to play to people’s perceptions that he is guilty... if you can’t acjnowkedge that basic truth, there is no hope for you, my friend. Whether he was guilty of meddling or not, he has definitely abused his power on Multiple occasions. It’s not just a matter of the way he talks.... the amount of meddling he has done has understandably raised eyebrows. Yeeeesh!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please try to understand and comprehend my actual argument. I’m not talking about whether he was actually guilty or not.... I am pointing out he abused his podition on numerous occasions to fire or pressure people, do people have good reason to question whether he is truly innocent. How many people who have been charged with investigating the man over the past three years has he fired or threatened? How many of his own team members have been fired and subsequently come out and said he’s childish, idiotic and outright crazy?

Whether he is guilty, or innocent, going around abusing his power to threaten or fire people those charged with investigating him is only going to play to people’s perceptions that he is guilty... if you can’t acjnowkedge that basic truth, there is no hope for you, my friend. Whether he was guilty of meddling or not, he has definitely abused his power on Multiple occasions. It’s not just a matter of the way he talks.... the amount of meddling he has done has understandably raised eyebrows. Yeeeesh!
Broooooo what are you on about lol. If he knows he was innocent all along, why the fuck would he keep people around who were trying to bring him down with false accusations which came out to be exactly that lol. Ffs it’s innocent until proven guilty not guilty until proven innocent, and why should any respect be shown to the people under him who tried bringing him down? Like what in the actual oblivion is that shit

Also what medaling ffs lol the left keeps sayin that. They also keep saying he should be impeached. On what basis should he be impeached ffs lol. Like why are you guys still so offended by trump. What rights has he stolen from you personally? And people in general? How is your life worse off?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You seem to be finding all this pretty funny at the moment. I guess you must be doing pretty well at the moment with full time employment and no reliance at all on government support now or in the future. I hope that is the case mate because if it isn't get all your laughing in now.
Actually no mate... I'm between jobs and get ZERO government support. Do I struggle? Yes absolutely. Do I EXPECT a government handout because I'm struggling? Absolutely not.

Government support hasn't changed much, but with a majority in the HOR and possibly coming in the Senate, the only people that might be worried are dole bludgers who had zero intentions of ever working anyway, now being forced to work.

Why suddenly because the LNP got in are mass jobs going to be lost? ALP supporters scaremongering at it's finest... it's that sort of rubbish which got them nuked in this election.

I find it funny because of all this Chicken Little "the sky is falling" doom and gloom BS by pathetic ALP supporters who are having a massive ragequit/cry because their party didn't get voted in.

As I said, they only have their local members to thank for not pulling their weight and helping out the local community enough to get voted back in.