2019 Federal Election

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can we just take a moment to appreciate all the PC brigade and lefties having a meltdown on social media like they've just been told the worlds run out of soy milk!

Funny as all fuck.

"This countries ruined"
"To everyone who caused this .. FUCK YOU"
"I'm moving to NZ"

and many many more I've seen.

I think the main reason for Labors loss was that people did not like Labor.
Fixed that for you @speedy2460 :D

She is easy on the eye but fuck me , I felt scared watching her during the speech and today as she was next to him , the way she stared at him while he spoke was not natural
The stare was a "don't you dare fucking quite your $400,000+ a year cushy opposition leader job Bill... I need MOAR DIAMONDS!!!!!"

@AnonymousLurker I take your "Chloe Shorten creepy stare" and raise you with a Josh Frydenberg creepy stare-er.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/n...aring-Josh-Frydenberg-unusual-expression.html

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sound out the word live backwards and that about sums me up.
Fuck me. Why have I never noticed that one before!
And if you think about it. To live is to be tempted by evil and potentially become evil. Earth is full of evil. I am actually mind fkd atm.
That is why Jesus always would say those who live for the world will die and those who die for him will be alive for eternity!
I can’t actully deal right now.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck me. Why have I never noticed that one before!
And if you think about it. To live is to be tempted by evil and potentially become evil. Earth is full of evil. I am actually mind fkd atm.
That is why Jesus always would say those who live for the world will die and those who die for him will be alive for eternity!
I can’t actully deal right now.
I'm good at mind fucking people.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bill Shorten's running technique was the most disgraceful moment in this election

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I would like to applaud the community on here for keeping this topic on track and allowing us to have a civilised election thread that didn't trail off track too much.

I would also like to thank my man @Mr Invisible and the moderators for allowing this thread to unfold and not going trigger happy and nuking/locking it from the start.

Well done everyone 8-)

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I would like to applaud the community on here for keeping this topic on track and allowing us to have a civilised election thread that didn't trail off track too much.

I would also like to thank my man @Mr Invisible and the moderators for allowing this thread to unfold and not going trigger happy and nuking/locking it from the start.

Well done everyone 8-)
I'm sorry for all the times I drift a subject off topic.

Not only am I good at mind fucking people but I'm also good at changing the subject quickfast.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we just take a moment to appreciate all the PC brigade and lefties having a meltdown on social media like they've just been told the worlds run out of soy milk!

Funny as all fuck.

"This countries ruined"
"I'm moving to NZ"

The stare was a "don't you dare fucking quite your $400,000+ a year cushy opposition leader job Bill... I need MOAR DIAMONDS!!!!!"

@AnonymousLurker I take your "Chloe Shorten creepy stare" and raise you with a Josh Frydenberg creepy stare-er.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/n...aring-Josh-Frydenberg-unusual-expression.html
Omg I may have nightmares seeing that stare

And I agree , reading those twitter posts is so funny

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The polls indicated a Labor whitewash. Thing to remember is that you never conduct a poll unless you know the result beforehand.
Conducting a poll in Kings Cross will always give the same result.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Funny as all fuck.

"This countries ruined"
"I'm moving to NZ"

I have about 20 of those Lefties as friends on Facebook, and while I'm not a Liberal voter, I have been having fun picking on them.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I have about 20 of those Lefties as friends on Facebook, and while I'm not a Liberal voter, I have been having fun picking on them.
Why are people crying about Australia being fucked now? Changing prime minister every 6 months didn't outrage the lunatics?

I'm glad my vote counted in the NSW state election.
It's great to have Mark Latham in parliament house talking with reason.

Now we just need to find a way to elevate him to dictator of Australia.

I'm expecting a reply to this post with some out of touch moron shit canning him.

Say what you want about Mark Latham but he is one politician who knows what it's like to do it tough.

Didn't he grow up in a shitty fibro house out west like most of us?

That's the kind of people we need calling the shots.

Not these snot nosed silver spoon wanker on the otherside of the bridge who have never broke out a sweat and bled for their money!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Got a surprise with the election victory and the only down side of the night for me was seeing a great guy like Tony Abbott losing his seat to a campaign that was run purely on hatred and trying to get rid of someone.

Given the election was basically 'all about climate change' and 1 or 2 other matters, I hope Morrison realises his mandate is now to STOP the hysteria around climate action.

Australia can not influence global temperatures and we certainly should not ruin our economy in some misguided moral attempt at doing so.

But I do think one of his key policies should be fixing the energy market in the country and determining the best source of base load power for the country for the next 50 years.

That could mean nuclear which is also a zero emissions energy source. Two birds one stone.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Economic indicators have a crash in the economy coming up in 2020/21.

Housing prices have fallen by 15% and are predicted to fall by another 15-20%.

Lowest wage growth in Australia's history (which Mathias Corrman admitted was the coalitions policy)

200% private debt levels (highest in Australia's history, mostly attributed to housing market)

We've had 28 years of economic growth EXCEPT for the last two quarters where we have shown a per capita recession, i.e. we're in recession (Q2, December quarter, was shockingly low when traditionally this has been our strongest quarter)

None of these topics we're touched on in the lead up to the election.

Labor showed a long term strategy to maintain Australia's economy and social outlook.

Coalition did not really release any policies of note, nor did they release their costings in advance enough time before the election (I believe it was minimal costing released 2 days before the election, 1 day before campaigning blackout)

Coalition has been in power for 6 years and if our economy crashes in predicted timeline, it will be 8 to 9 years, thereby negating ANY blame on Labor.

We've previously had Labor governments in 94, 2007 where they have had to managed recessions and global economic downturn. Not forgetting the stat that we've had 28 years of economic growth (which would have a commencement date of 1991).

If our economy tanks it will be put to the test if the Coalition are actually the "better" economic managers.

My jobs safe (it doesn't depend on economic activity), coalitions tax cuts would have benefited myself immensely, but I would never have voted Coalition.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ouch... 77 seats now projected to the Liberals (5 leading on first prefs, 70 confirmed, 2 close). ALP lost Wentworth seat of Kerryn Phelps overnight to Dave Sharma.

https://tallyroom.aec.gov.au/HouseDefault-24310.htm

We've previously had Labor governments in 94, 2007 where they have had to managed recessions and global economic downturn. Not forgetting the stat that we've had 28 years of economic growth (which would have a commencement date of 1991).
As mentioned earlier in the thread we only rode that wave out because of the LNP boosting the economy before handing over to the ALP, thus giving them surplus money in the economy (and reduced/bugger all overseas debt) to see out the financial crisises. During the GFC however countries with large overseas debts got dragged down, whilst us (with little overseas debt), boosted.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier in the thread we only rode that wave out because of the LNP boosting the economy before handing over to the ALP, thus giving them surplus money in the economy (and reduced/bugger all overseas debt) to see out the financial crisises. During the GFC however countries with large overseas debts got dragged down, whilst us (with little overseas debt), boosted.
If you're going to take that line of reasoning, then I can counter with the Hawke-Keating governments put in the necessary economic reforms for Australia to prosper in the Howard years. And many of this prosperous massing of surpluses was wasted with things like Costello selling our gold reserves for dirt cheap prices that were way below market rates because he argued that gold wasn't going to be valuable commodity in the future (he was wrong), or that to win an election Howard brought in very generous tax cuts and subsidies (like the franking credits) that have played a massive part in our inability to deliver surpluses since (but amazingly even with those cuts and subsidies, the Howard government is the highest taxing government of the past 30 years, which counters conservatives loving to say that Labor increases taxes, the actual numbers show the opposite. Both the Howard and Abbot governments were the highest taxing governments)

And then leading on to IF the Gillard (should be Rudd not Gillard) government decided to sit on their hands and not pump money into the immediate economy to stave off the consequences of the GFC (which many conservatives love to beat the Gillard government on the head for pumping that money into the economy).

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's not entirely relevant, because economics goes in ebs and flows, and is influenced by other markets. There are articles out there stating that historically both parties have balanced the economy equally, just in different ways.

People will try and swing it another way, just like the so called polls that Shorten was going to make this a close election.