Status
Not open for further replies.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
A bit of a let down but we pushed a rusty france as far as we could.

Need to win probably twice now to be in the mix.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iceland with the best park the bus seen on the world stage. As an Argentinian supporter that was hard to watch. Very hard game coming up against Croatia after they handled Nigeria with ease.

lol @ Nigerians not allowed to bring live chickens into the stadium

So far most impressive teams have been Spain, Portugal & Croatia

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Iceland with the best park the bus seen on the world stage. As an Argentinian supporter that was hard to watch. Very hard game coming up against Croatia after they handled Nigeria with ease.

lol @ Nigerians not allowed to bring live chickens into the stadium

So far most impressive teams have been Spain, Portugal & Croatia
Croatia played really well... I also like the way Peru played... didn't deserve to lose against Denmark... Australia will stand no chance when we play them...

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Croatia played really well... I also like the way Peru played... didn't deserve to lose against Denmark... Australia will stand no chance when we play them...
I agree Peru played well and were unlucky

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think australia definitely stands a chance against peru

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mourinho is a World Cup pundit and he was very impressed with Iceland. He pointed out that a few times during the game there were 9 - 10 men in the penalty box. Offers good insight into the game and doesn't behave like a clown as Lineker & Co do.

They still managed to hold their defensive shape, they took defending deep to another level.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This guy. SBS sold there soul by cutting a deal with Optus to show one epl game a week for the all the World Cup rights

Nothing to do with Foxtel
The Federal Government are also to blame, slashing funding to both SBS and ABC.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I went with optus in January
I have to say it's been awesome
Epl, fetch box with free knowledge channel pack( history, discovery channel etc)
Movie box ( loads a new movie every day for free)
80 bux a month
Unlitmited internet ,
But best bit every World Cup game
All that and they didn't throw in a new phone??

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The fuck is up with all these results? Haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mourinho is a World Cup pundit and he was very impressed with Iceland. He pointed out that a few times during the game there were 9 - 10 men in the penalty box. Offers good insight into the game and doesn't behave like a clown as Lineker & Co do.

They still managed to hold their defensive shape, they took defending deep to another level.

Mourinho the pundit is much less of a **** than Mourinho the coach haha.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The fuck is up with all these results? Haha
I was asking myself the same thing. I didn't see any of those over-night results coming! Especially Mexico defeating Germany!

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mexico parked the bus pretty well and hit the Germans on the counter and eventually nabbed a goal.

Was surprised how quick Mexico was on the counters and there flanks are super quick

Lot of countries are adapting and have adapted well with parking the bus. At the end of the day thats what they can only do when coming up against class teams.

I doubt a nation in this world cup is going to pull off a greece 2004 Euro bus tournament but there will be some surprising results.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Mexico parked the bus pretty well and hit the Germans on the counter and eventually nabbed a goal.

Was surprised how quick Mexico was on the counters and there flanks are super quick

Lot of countries are adapting and have adapted well with parking the bus. At the end of the day thats what they can only do when coming up against class teams.

I doubt a nation in this world cup is going to pull off a greece 2004 Euro bus tournament but there will be some surprising results.
There are surprising results in every World Cup. 2002 is a notable one.

- Senegal
- USA
- South Korea
- Turkey
- Japan
- Mexico

By the same token, there were some VERY SURPRISING results of heavy favorites to advance to the round of 16 who failed. Also from the 2002 World Cup, some of the surprise failures were:

- Argentina (seriously, WTF?)
- Croatia
- Portugal
- France
- Uruguay

Wahesh

Reaction score
yeah and optus has totally fked the world cup so far if your using an app
Badly. Well I'm not with them, and thank f**k for that because all the games are on during my downtime. I'm not getting up at 2:00am to watch crappy coverage on a small screen.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are surprising results in every World Cup. 2002 is a notable one.

- Senegal
- USA
- South Korea
- Turkey
- Japan
- Mexico

By the same token, there were some VERY SURPRISING results of heavy favorites to advance to the round of 16 who failed. Also from the 2002 World Cup, some of the surprise failures were:

- Argentina (seriously, WTF?)
- Croatia
- Portugal
- France
- Uruguay
Indeed there is, though one thing you can be certain of is there is no surprises with the winning nation in the World Cup.

I just cant wait for the round of 16 to begin!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Same. It should be a very interesting final 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.