Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I not normally get involved in the ronaldo Messi debate, but geez ronaldo stands up on the big stage
Messi goes missing in my opinion
1. Salah
2. Argentine Salah
3. Portuguese Salah

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I not normally get involved in the ronaldo Messi debate, but geez ronaldo stands up on the big stage
Messi goes missing in my opinion
From memory, he did fuck all last WC. But Messi didn't either.

PS I may have a shit memory lol

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ronaldo scored only 1 goal in the 2006 WC, 1 goal in the 2010 WC and 1 goal in the 2014 WC.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sharks vs Brisbane

Up against

Socceroos vs France

Wouldn't mind seeing the impact on viewing figures

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s crazy to think that Ronaldo only has 6 goals at a World Cup and Messi with only 5.
Not really, I think it shows their limitations without the strength of barca and Madrid respectively.

Although messi has less of an excuse because he has always had a strong Argentinean side behind him.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Ronaldo really wants the record of most goals in a World Cup. I think Klose has the record with 14 right now and Ronaldo has 6 after today. He will most likely play the next World Cup as well considering how adamant he is about playing until the age of 40. If he can get another 5 goals this tournament which if anyone can it’s Ronaldo he will only need 3 more at the next World Cup. I know it’s a big and unlikely challenge but considering he nor Messi will likely never win a World Cup he knows he needs to beat Messi in the International arena to proper cement himself as the greatest. I guess it depends on how far Portugal go, If Portugal make it to the semis or even quarters I think Ronaldo will comfortably finish with 6-7 goals, never seen him for motivated for a World Cup.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not really, I think it shows their limitations without the strength of barca and Madrid respectively.

Although messi has less of an excuse because he has always had a strong Argentinean side behind him.
I think Messi is a system player, you can’t just put him in any team and expect him to fire like some believe he can, look at his production with Xavi and Iniesta playing and look at his stats without them. He has a big drop off without them, especially Xavi (well after Xavis level dropped). I’m not saying he isn’t one of the greatest ever but he hasn’t proven to be a winner on any stage other then Barca. That’s why I always believe that he either needs to win a World Cup or move to another league and win it to be able to call him the Goat. Again I’m not saying he isn’t world class, I think he is Top 3 of all time and anyone who says he isn’t doesn’t have a clue about soccer but I can’t have him at #1 if he doesn’t prove it on another stage.

Ronaldo’s legacy will always say he lead his team to victory in the top 2 leagues in the world and always won a trophy with Portugal.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Messi is a system player, you can’t just put him in any team and expect him to fire like some believe he can, look at his production with Xavi and Iniesta playing and look at his stats without them. He has a big drop off without them, especially Xavi (well after Xavis level dropped). I’m not saying he isn’t one of the greatest ever but he hasn’t proven to be a winner on any stage other then Barca. That’s why I always believe that he either needs to win a World Cup or move to another league and win it to be able to call him the Goat. Again I’m not saying he isn’t world class, I think he is Top 3 of all time and anyone who says he isn’t doesn’t have a clue about soccer but I can’t have him at #1 if he doesn’t prove it on another stage.

Ronaldo’s legacy will always say he lead his team to victory in the top 2 leagues in the world and always won a trophy with Portugal.
I personally don't think either of them are anywhere near the natural born talent level of maradona.

Hence I'm no speaking about how long their careers were but rather their highest peak. What maradona did on the field I've never seen repeated

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maradona is the only player in the history of the WC to single handedly win the trophy with his performances. He lifted an average Argentinian NT to win the 1986 WC . He also won a serie A title for Napoli.
Neither Ronaldo it Messi could do this.
And while we are at it, the Brazilian Ronaldo shits on the Portuguese one.

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Maradona is the only player in the history of the WC to single handedly win the trophy with his performances. He lifted an average Argentinian NT to win the 1986 WC . He also won a serie A title for Napoli.
Neither Rinaldo it Messi could do this.
And while we are at it, the Brazilian Rinaldo shitted on the Portuguese one.
Without Maradona that Argentina team doesn't even make the quarter-finals.

Zidane would've done the same if he didn't commit the headbutt. He did beast in 98 also.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol at these penalties for the air blowing over the French players lol.
No wonder why playing soccer people would always call you a faggot or a girl lol.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Without Maradona that Argentina team doesn't even make the quarter-finals.

Zidane would've done the same if he didn't commit the headbutt. He did beast in 98 also.
Zidane was my crush ever since the 98 World Cup. That was the first I watched as. 7 year old. That feeling has never been replicated, actually almost was in 06 when Australia almost beat Italy.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This ref is terrible, fucking ****

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Compare what BVM has done with this Aussie team compared to what Derp Pay has done with the Dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.