News 100% footy with Gus

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
If we sign Maguire then I’ll be so off this club. When the fuck did we get rejects from Other clubs? You can also blame the andersons signing Barrett. We all weren’t expecting him, once again we are back to square 1. Just fucking announce Flanagan, smh.
Goodbye

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Madge just got sacked, lock him in :tearsofjoy:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maguire turned us down before when our salary cap was screwed up... now after he has failed with the Tigers, we should take him? no
Exactly, this and this alone is enough for me to say no. Not that I wanted him at the time. But for him to come is look over the books, tell us we are fucked, and takes the tigers job speaks about his character and his vision. Went to tigers and like others have said they have gone backwards.

Would rather have kept pay or barrett if madge was next in line. On par with Filter as the worst choice for coach.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looking at it & thinking about it this is how I'm reading it -

By Gus saying that if they sack Madge then there is half a dozen players ready to walk is almost like him threatening the Tigers not to sack Madge. This would mean that Gus doesn't want him otherwise he would shut his mouth, take Madge & the pick of those good players that want out.

I am now convinced though that our new coach will either be a current contracted coach which is most likely, or Fitler.

I reckon though Freddy is just in on the whole Gus trying to stick it up the media with their ducks & drakes - they are just feeding the chickens which in this case are the media - and Gus gets off on being in control of the narrative.
Didnt you say last week if Fittler picks Fox and Burton for Origin he's definitely our coach. :tearsofjoy:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Baz, his record is 38%.. If Payten can turn Nth Qld around from bottom 4 to top 4 in a year and Kevin Walters can turn Brisbane around from bottom 4 for two years to top 4 this year, why can't Madge get them to make the 8 when he's this supposed supercoach? Those clubs have their fair share of problems too. Generally any coaching role you take over, you inherit a tonne of problems. Otherwise the previous coach wouldn't have been fired.
Maguire's career record is 56%, the only club that he has been less than 56% is the Tigers. As for his leaving Souths he can’t be blamed for Inglis’s almost season long injury or SBurgess issues with his teammates and he most certainly did not sign Robbie Farah. It's also easy to forget that Maguire guided the early careers into the NRL of Alex Johnston, Cody Walker, Angus Crichton, Cameron Murray and Campbell Graham. That's one of the things we are farkin horrid at recently.

The appointment of Ikin fixed the major issue with the Donkeys (in fighting), and then add Reynolds. Walters is a long from the sole reason.

The Cowboys had a quality group of players that were poorly coached with the missing link of a decent half back, and despite what some on TK would have us believe, Townsend is a very decent half back. FFS there are 6 x Cowboys in the Qld State of Origin squad, how many have the Tigers got?

Plainly the coach doesn't fix all of the problems with clubs and equally they are not the only problem with clubs.

Always a Bulldog

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maguire's career record is 56%, the only club that he has been less than 56% is the Tigers. As for his leaving Souths he can’t be blamed for Inglis’s almost season long injury or SBurgess issues with his teammates and he most certainly did not sign Robbie Farah. It's also easy to forget that Maguire guided the early careers into the NRL of Alex Johnston, Cody Walker, Angus Crichton, Cameron Murray and Campbell Graham. That's one of the things we are farkin horrid at recently.

The appointment of Ikin fixed the major issue with the Donkeys (in fighting), and then add Reynolds. Walters is a long from the sole reason.

The Cowboys had a quality group of players that were poorly coached with the missing link of a decent half back, and despite what some on TK would have us believe, Townsend is a very decent half back. FFS there are 6 x Cowboys in the Qld State of Origin squad, how many have the Tigers got?

Plainly the coach doesn't fix all of the problems with clubs and equally they are not the only problem with clubs.

Always a Bulldog
His NRL record isn't close to that. His NRL record is 46%.. You can't dispel ESL coaching records saying anyone can win at St Helens when talking about Woolf, and then use Madge's record at St Helens to boost his win percentage..

How many Origin players did the Cowboys have last year? They got 6 players selected because they're in form this year and have improved under their coach. Something Madge has failed to get his Tigers players to do. Which is why he got fired.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His NRL record isn't close to that. His NRL record is 46%.. You can't dispel ESL coaching records saying anyone can win at St Helens when talking about Woolf, and then use Madge's record at St Helens to boost his win percentage..

How many Origin players did the Cowboys have last year? They got 6 players selected because they're in form this year and have improved under their coach. Something Madge has failed to get his Tigers players to do. Which is why he got fired.
TT is doing his best to give every coach we are linked with credibility [emoji23] [emoji23]

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
TT is doing his best to give every coach we are linked with credibility [emoji23] [emoji23]
"Every coach", hmmm, have I offered any credibility for Fittler? Let me check my posts ................ sorry, that would be a definite no I haven't.

Which pretty much guarantees that he will get the gig.

Always a Bulldog

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didnt you say last week if Fittler picks Fox and Burton for Origin he's definitely our coach. :tearsofjoy:
But he didn't, so that's why after the origin announcements I reckon it's most likely another currently contracted coach and less likely Fitler.

- Although there is 2 games left & it could be a token selection in game 3 if they have wrapped up the series.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think Kristian Woolf is the best candidate aside from Flanagan. I'm hoping the reason he's never talked about in the media is because they have no clue and he's a genuine option.

But who the fuck knows what Gus is thinking.. It's frustrating for fans but this is why he talks so much shit in the media and contradicts himself so much.. To throw everyone off what is really happening..
Maybe like me, most people don't know much about Woolf? I just read his Wikipedia page and am very impressed.

He has been coaching for 20 years in a variety of settings and levels. He's had success at junior and lower grade level, and has recent success with St. Helens, winning the last 2 Super League grand finals and a challenge cup! He sounds like a great candidate and better than Flanagan, because there's no baggage or history.

Get him up here, I wanna boof him! Seriously, I don't know why there isn't more talk about him, but like I said, it's probably because people aren't aware of his credentials. The fact he has been in Grey Britain for years means he's not in the spotlight too.

If I read the wiki correctly, he has an option with St. Helens for next season, so if he hasn't taken that yet, he's available.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe like me, most people don't know much about Woolf? I just read his Wikipedia page and am very impressed.

He has been coaching for 20 years in a variety of settings and levels. He's had success at junior and lower grade level, and has recent success with St. Helens, winning the last 2 Super League grand finals and a challenge cup! He sounds like a great candidate and better than Flanagan, because there's no baggage or history.

Get him up here, I wanna boof him! Seriously, I don't know why there isn't more talk about him, but like I said, it's probably because people aren't aware of his credentials. The fact he has been in Grey Britain for years means he's not in the spotlight too.

If I read the wiki correctly, he has an option with St. Helens for next season, so if he hasn't taken that yet, he's available.
It's more his work with Tonga than with St. Helens that impresses me. I think he has an out on his contract and is almost certainly headed to Australia, maybe to link up with the Dolphins as an assistant with a view to take over from Bennett..

He should be mentioned as a head coaching candidate though. He has more upside than the other candidates being suggested for us and the Tigers, Warriors, Titans and Knights..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Be very careful rating coaches based on their win/loss results at St Helens;

Justin Holbrook St Helens - 80% and Titans - 30%
Mick Potter St Helens - 72% and Tigers - 35%
Nathan Brown St Helens - 63% and Knoughts - 26% or Warriors - 35%
Daniel Anderson St Helens - 74% and Parramatta - 48%
Royce Simmons St Helens - 59% and Penrith 41%

Yes, Woolf did a good job with Tonga, but so did Mick Potter with Fiji.

Always a Bulldog

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Been spotted wearing a doggies sleeveless bomber jacket and driving a kia ...
Maybe he just misses the club...
The good old days
Some terrific applications- Anyone confident enough to thank their mum for packing footy gear after receiving the Clive Churchill embeds Bulldog DNA, next is having the ability to hold stern conversations with bended- finger… it may be the man attributed to dropping the most F-Bombs in one television episode eclipsing the Sepprano’s or it could be the bloke who turned his players into Marvel characters, maybe it’s the clueless duo of Freddy and Brown?? Stay tuned for head coach bingo.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Be very careful rating coaches based on their win/loss results at St Helens;

Justin Holbrook St Helens - 80% and Titans - 30%
Mick Potter St Helens - 72% and Tigers - 35%
Nathan Brown St Helens - 63% and Knoughts - 26% or Warriors - 35%
Daniel Anderson St Helens - 74% and Parramatta - 48%
Royce Simmons St Helens - 59% and Penrith 41%

Yes, Woolf did a good job with Tonga, but so did Mick Potter with Fiji.

Always a Bulldog
You forgot to add Madge and the Tigers- 38%