News 100% footy with Gus

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone watch it?

My word he didn’t hold back on the media and tore them a new one regarding and how they are bias driven and applying for mates to get a job by destroying other coaches he also spoke highly of Michael Maguire and literally spoke him up as to saying he has a heart of a lion and if he was to be sacked there’s at least half a dozen of players ready to follow him out the door.

I said it in another thread that I had this terrible feeling he was leaning towards Michael Maguire being our coach and hearing Gus speak tonight about madge is giving me bloody nightmares.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually wouldn’t mind Maguire to be fair. He’s a hard nose **** who makes his players accountable. He’s just been lumped at the tigers where no matter who the coach is, shit won’t change.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually wouldn’t mind Maguire to be fair. He’s a hard nose **** who makes his players accountable. He’s just been lumped at the tigers where no matter who the coach is, shit won’t change.

Yeah I’m trying to convince myself that as well. It then again we have been lumped for the past 7 years and shit seem to never change.

All I know if that we need a psychopath for strength and conditioning coach we need to get super fucking fit ASAP.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The longer this drags on, the more frustrating it gets and the candidates get worse. Make any excuses for Madge you want, they've gotten progressively worse the last few years and I can't see how hiring a coach that's fired from another bottom four club is going to be an improvement..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We can get an upgraded hard nose **** in Shane Flanagan. I'd be sick for weeks if we got the 15th place teams scraps for the most important role in a team/club. I think you could also say we're the new Tigers results/performance wise. I think Maguire's already proven he's not the man for this job.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not accept Madge as our new coach and neither should any bulldogs fan, if we want to be premiership contenders again, hiring the 15th placed teams coach who got sacked because he couldn't get the team to fire or progress up the ladder either is not the answer.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The longer this drags on, the more frustrating it gets and the candidates get worse. Make any excuses for Madge you want, they've gotten progressively worse the last few years and I can't see how hiring a coach that's fired from another bottom four club is going to be an improvement..
Hey at least they are bottom 4 and not last:tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wish Gus would fuck off with his media duties and just shut the fuck up. Coaches and clubs do a good enough job of making themselves look bad, the media don't have to do anything to make them look bad. Gus is also one to talk about the media trying to influence opinions haha. Players are going to follow him out the door? Who cares, they're fucking 13th LOL. I swear to God if Gus fucks this up and we're still garbage next season I'm fucking done.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus thinks his shit don’t stink. Time for him to give the tv a rest and his shit tweets on Twitter and just start fixing the team he is in charge of. There is no light at the end of the tunnel

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wish Gus would fuck off with his media duties and just shut the fuck up. Coaches and clubs do a good enough job of making themselves look bad, the media don't have to do anything to make them look bad. Gus is also one to talk about the media trying to influence opinions haha. Players are going to follow him out the door? Who cares, they're fucking 13th LOL. I swear to God if Gus fucks this up and we're still garbage next season I'm fucking done.
He won't because he loves being in the limelight. He criticises the media for their agenda, a media he is part of. Go back to when Gus was boss of the Panthers. That is us but worse. Took 8 long years to fix the Panthers. We are recruiting great players to try & hide how shit the club is & it's affecting them.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My word he didn’t hold back on the media and tore them a new one regarding and how they are bias driven and applying for mates to get a job by destroying other coaches he also spoke highly of Michael Maguire and literally spoke him up as to saying he has a heart of a lion and if he was to be sacked there’s at least half a dozen of players ready to follow him out the door..
He just did the same thing he was bitching about. And Gus is part of the bias media.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus needs to speak less and lead with actions instead, and no to Mage, like fitler, like the the rest.!!! This is a big deal and the next coach needs to set this club up and take us to the top!! We’ve been down far too long, missed great player signing opportunities, Flanno needs to be appointed and ASAP!!

if you haven’t spoken to him GUS, or just keeping quiet..Give him he gig before we have to endure another 5+ years of heartache.!!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He won't because he loves being in the limelight. He criticises the media for their agenda, a media he is part of. Go back to when Gus was boss of the Panthers. That is us but worse. Took 8 long years to fix the Panthers. We are recruiting great players to try & hide how shit the club is & it's affecting them.
He earns 4 million a year why would he give it up? I fucking wouldn’t to please you lot on the TK:tearsofjoy:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Clubs such a shamble, we will fuck this next appointment up because what suggests we wont?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we sign Maguire then I’ll be so off this club. When the fuck did we get rejects from Other clubs? You can also blame the andersons signing Barrett. We all weren’t expecting him, once again we are back to square 1. Just fucking announce Flanagan, smh.