News ‘Wrong decision’: All Blacks legend Steve Hansen takes aim at Dogs board after Barrett axing

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A lot of truth in what Steve says.

“If you go back to my very first statements when I got involved with the Bulldogs you’ve got to have stability for a club to grow and get strength,” Hansen said.
“And when you’re constitution allows your board to be dropped every two years then you’ve got board members who when things aren’t going right they get twitchy.”

We will continue to be perennial back markers whilst members and fans demand instant success.
Instant success? Your idea of "instant" and mine are very far apart.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Go fu*k yourself Hansen. We are here for trophies not wooden spoons you Muppet.
I don't care if Gus sacked him or he left on his own accord, it's not personal, we were going backwards.

Hansen, if you were good enough as a mentor you would have instilled resilience into Barrett, but you failed.

These wankers who have been involved with the club for five minutes that think their voices are bigger than the club, get on your high horse or your sheep for that matter and get the fu*ck outa here!!!!
100% Baz failing is an extention of this ***** failing.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Seriously what does this guy do for us again? High performance consultant? Well mate, couldn't give 2 fuks what you did in yawnion but you've done fuk all at the dogs. Has he even been in Australia yet? His is another contract that needs tearing up asap. Reminds me of the Hasler years with all these free loading c#nts hanging around with their hands out!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I will bet my left one its the only major problem, the coaching and coaching staff. I am sure Gould will poitely move Hansen on if he brings no value..
put your right one on the line too ya cat :tearsofjoy: Hansen is no real loss he had little involvement so far. But he makes a good point, whilst the board are re-elected every 2 years people will do things to keep there position. Dib tried it, Anderson’s tried it. Many before them also.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that’s the truth in all the mess. The problems run deeper than just coaching.
Agreed mate.

The board thing is a mess. If the board don’t get short term success they are gone. So how do they make long term decisions ????

No one will agree but I would actually give the next coach a 5 year deal. Baz made panic signings this year to save his job and it’s put us in another shit position. You can’t expect long term success if you are worried about your job all of the time

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
put your right one on the line too ya cat :tearsofjoy: Hansen is no real loss he had little involvement so far. But he makes a good point, whilst the board are re-elected every 2 years people will do things to keep there position. Dib tried it, Anderson’s tried it. Many before them also.
Cant, lost the right one in a bar fight over a bag of chips years ago..

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only ones freaking out about this is the ones who dont give a fuck about us... because they know its the right decision

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@DinkumDog I think it's clear now Hansen is done with his bullshit role.. ;)
Definitely when you bite the hand that feeds you :tearsofjoy:.

The funny thing regarding Hansen’s comments on the constitution of elections every two years - at the last member gathering, JK stated he thought it was the right structure, so the ‘consulting’ wasn’t very effective!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much did we pay him for absolutely nothing?

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is only pissed cause he knows now flop has gone, his gravey train is drying up and has to look for another gullible carnt to hook onto to.

Still for the life of me can't see qhat he did for the club.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The only ones freaking out about this is the ones who dont give a fuck about us... because they know its the right decision
Who is freaking out? He was barely involved in the club it’s actually very insignificant. Some of us can however see he makes a good point about stability because we’ve seen how selfish panic decisions over the years have put us in this mess.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought Laundy must have had your balls in his handbag the way you defend him. Just playing Baz.. :tearsofjoy:
Fuck off Btrain.. Get a black one up ya. :tearsofjoy: .Not defending Arthur at all, he is more than capable to look after himself and if he doesnt kick in the right money or be useful to the club with his influence he can follow Barrett. To be honest I was simply pointing out that his actions are not uncommon particularily if the sponsor already has a profile.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck off Btrain.. Get a black one up ya. :tearsofjoy: .Not defending Arthur at all, he is more than capable to look after himself and if he doesnt kick in the right money or be useful to the club with his influence he can follow Barrett. To be honest I was simply pointing out that his actions are not uncommon particularily if the sponsor already has a profile.
Haha. Just wanted to take a shot while I had the chance. :tearsofjoy:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Champion All Blacks coach Steve Hansen has taken aim at the Canterbury-Bankstown board for starting the search for a fourth coach in five seasons in the wake of Trent Barrett being forced out of Belmore.

Hansen, the All Blacks coach who won the 2015 World Cup, has worked for the Bulldogs as a high performance consultant for the past 18 months and has a strong opinion of Barrett as a head coach.

Barrett was only 18 months into a three-year contract when the Bulldogs opted to issue the coach with an ultimatum — either walk or it’s going to get ugly.

“It’s the wrong decision. It’s a shame really. Yes the results haven’t been what they wanted but there’s a lot of reasons for that and I don’t think it’s Trent Barrett’s coaching,” Hansen told Fox Sports.

“However there’s a lot of pressure on the club and when it’s like that you need everybody to stay strong and face into the breeze and work through the issues that are there and come up with the right solutions.

“This will end up being there fourth coach in five years so it doesn’t make sense to me.

“Trent’s a good coach, he’s not the finished product by any stretch of the means but he’s going to be a very good coach.

“I’ve been lucky enough to deal with a lot of young coaches in my time and he’s one of the better ones.

“It’s not the answer. The answer is about fixing the problems that are a lot greater than just the coaching.”

Hansen coached the All Blacks in 107 Test matches, winning 93, drawing four and losing only 10 for a win percentage of 88.79 per cent.

For the past 18 months he has worked as a sounding board for Barrett as the Bulldogs have struggled for on-field results winning five out of 34 matches since the beginning of 2021.

“If you go back to my very first statements when I got involved with the Bulldogs you’ve got to have stability for a club to grow and get strength,” Hansen said.

“And when you’re constitution allows your board to be dropped every two years then you’ve got board members who when things aren’t going right they get twitchy.”
With all respect Mr Hansen looking on from afar is not the same, while you were away this is what happened and I say this with the utmost respect to TBaz...
He took gambles on players in the most important positions...failed
He kept selecting and stuck by some very ordinary players...failed
He wouldn't take advise about certain players in certain positions...failed
The result was 5 wins out of 34 games...
All this while you were away !!!