News ‘What a joke’: Monster shoulder charge divides footy

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ah I’m just messing with @flamebouyant as I don’t think he got the drift of my original post. I’m just old and remember the violent old days of footy, and loved it.
Hang on a minute I gotta run, the fucker coming down the footpath has a shark tooth necklace. It’s stiffarmoclock!!
I hear ya mate. I enjoyed those days too. But the game has evolved and is more entertaining in a lot of other ways.
I agree that the game has become a lot softer, but this type of hit is just wrong.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tedesco out for the remainder of the game. Fox are now asking why wasn't Pereira sent off?

They keep referring to Hetherington's send off and are asking, what is the difference?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
At first look it's seemingly a great shot.
Once it's slowed down you can see contact with the head.
In comparison to other charges I think it's about right.
Even in TB's press conference he refers to it as a good shot.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pereira has flattened Tedesco in a hit far worse than Hetherington did, and only gets ten minutes in the bin. Fox have made the comparison, and want some consistency from the refs. I guess the Dogs will always be the whipping boys of the NRL.
Hetho was a reflex, Pereira was late, swinging and premeditated, both had the same ref... the fact he wasn’t sent only confirms Ref bias against the dogs

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it really conspiracy theory when coaches and players try break rules all the time

they rorted HIA ,they rorted the old blood bin , they rort the free interchange with foul play
they are rorting 6 again rule by purposely slowing tackle 1
nrl brings in rules rules to suspend for certain wrestling moves - storm create new ones

you honestly think coaches care about their players - look at storm the other week grant stayed on because in their interest to keep him on - by the way where is their 20k fine
So right about coaches circumventing the rules.

Don't get me started about the mysterious no 20k concussion fine for the storm. Despite being challenged about using irrelevant comparisons in another post when highlighting the NRL's inconsistent treatment of clubs, it took what all of 48 hours for those @holes to show how much they continue hating on us.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Adam Reynolds LOL. If it was him he would be dead...

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Edward Snowden revealing the illegal phone monitoring by the NSA. Think the system they developed was called PRISM or something like that.
I don't recall phone monitoring being touted as a conspiracy theory. Most people accept that phones are being tapped.

Conspiracy theories fall into the unbelievable category: lizard people, the Illuminati, aircraft "chemtrails", flat earth, the moon is a hologram, and the US blowing up the twin towers with explosives. Haven't seen proof of any of these.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hetho was a reflex, Pereira was late, swinging and premeditated, both had the same ref... the fact he wasn’t sent only confirms Ref bias against the dogs
Or the media's influence.

After a lot of talk in the media about Hetherington's send off, refs have been reluctant to do it- especially if it involves a top eight team.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Or the media's influence.

After a lot of talk in the media about Hetherington's send off, refs have been reluctant to do it- especially if it involves a top eight team.
If you look closely at the video, Hetherington first made contact with the ball.
It was not a swinging arm. I cannot understand why the club did not contest it.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zero issue with the shoulder charge being banned, just think the penalties are out of whack