News ‘We have standards’: Bulldogs skipper shuts down criticism of club’s culture

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
'67, I'm not expert in the field but what was previously classified as mental health issues back in the day (a select group of professionally diagnosed psychotic or PTSD cases) has been broadened to a wider range that includes even remotely affected mental issues such as ADHD, autism and even OCD.

As per the example you noted, some are just taking the piss. It's also now hard to differentiate between legitimate cases and otherwise. Probably also why you get a variety of reactions from people as they don't know what is legit or not.

That's my take on it anyway.
Fixed it for you:

“what was previously classified as mental health issues back in the day (a select group of professionally diagnosed psychotic or PTSD cases) undiagnosed due to ignorance, stigma, shame or simple lack of relevant research and understanding has been correctly broadened to a wider range that includes even remotely affected mental issues such as ADHD, autism and even OCD.”

”It's also now hard relatively straighforward to differentiate between legitimate cases and otherwise due to improved testing and observational diagnostic methods.”

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fixed it for you:

“what was previously classified as mental health issues back in the day (a select group of professionally diagnosed psychotic or PTSD cases) undiagnosed due to ignorance, stigma, shame or simple lack of relevant research and understanding has been correctly broadened to a wider range that includes even remotely affected mental issues such as ADHD, autism and even OCD.”

”It's also now hard relatively straighforward to differentiate between legitimate cases and otherwise due to improved testing and observational diagnostic methods.”
I can only laugh at this for the following reasons....

It existed in the past and was dealt with (one way or another) with whatever tools or knowledge they had. They couldn't resolve it.

Nowdays, it exists and is dealt with (one way or another) with whatever tools or knowledge they currently have. And they can't resolve it.

My point is, there's nothing wrong with how it was dealt with in the past if the processes or the way it is approached can't solve the issue now.

Ignorance is not the worst thing.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This whole Bulldogs training shaming has been great at exposing the absolute heartless, low life scum that exist on this forum. Small mercies I guess.
We knew well before the wrestling beat up :grinning:

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Oh - so after abusing everyone you playing nice now. Don't tell me you felt victimised? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Fake mental health issues are probably a thing. But I'm not an expert and it doesn't affect me in any way shape or form. I'll eave that to professionals So if you start bringing this up on a thread about a footballer saying they have a mental health issue its a pretty natural flow to say you don't believe them. And unless I am badly mistaken, you're not a mental health professional. So you basically are pushing a completely uninformed opinion.

Otherwise why would you bring it up? To bring attention to an issue that you basically no fck all about? Nice.

Which for you is par for the course. So I take the piss out of you, 1) because you deserve it and 2) because its fun. And I don't need to be abusive to do it either.

So you understand the point now?
First of all I didn't abuse anyone except the 1 person who chimed in without any relevance only to call me ignorant.

Secondly if you're taking the opinion of experts than you would already have a clue that faking mental health is widely acknowledged and studied. About 7% is the number believed to be faking it. Much higher in criminal cases for obvious reasons.

And I can't be arsed to address the rest of your bullshit atm but I was responding to your post specifically I didn't just bring it up

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The standards are so low we have to get excited about signing assistants

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Addiction also gets classified as a mental illness these days. Because addiction changes the brain in how it perceives priorities and needs. So mental health can just be another way of saying they have a substance abuse problem.

Stress and diversity can be an activator for someone that is susceptible to divergent or atypical behaviour. If this happens early in a career then it's unlikely they will be successful.

The scenario of an increase in Mental Health concerns in football is twofold. 1) more likely to be diagnosed than in the past, were people ignored these types of behaviours. 2) increase in social media and 24x7 following of what players are doing, ensures players have very little self time and in the past that self time resulted in self medication.

E.G no one could get away with what Andrew John's did in his playing days. Someone with Bipolar, effectively could self medicate when on down cycle and when manic the extra confidence helps players do things others just wouldn't have tried.

But events such as disciplinary action or similar do not cause mental health conditions alone, though could be a trigger. family of the individual would likely know before that, would have seen the signs. Will also need to be susceptible for those divergent or atypical behaviour, or an event that changes brain function. Just like it has been known individuals can change personality after head trauma or brain illness.

What is true though is that any mental illness cannot be cured, only managed.

Once that brain chemistry has changed and/or rewired, it can not be reversed.

Take someone with Bipolar, if a manic episodes result in delusions, each break causes further damage that can not be reversed. resulting in an increase of likelihood of a further event.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
First of all I didn't abuse anyone except the 1 person who chimed in without any relevance only to call me ignorant.

Secondly if you're taking the opinion of experts than you would already have a clue that faking mental health is widely acknowledged and studied. About 7% is the number believed to be faking it. Much higher in criminal cases for obvious reasons.

And I can't be arsed to address the rest of your bullshit atm but I was responding to your post specifically I didn't just bring it up
Firstly, thanks for proving my point. He was talking to your point not you but if you're that sensitive, maybe you have a mental health disorder - you should seek help.

Secondly, oh. You mean Munchausen's or Facetious disorder? Which in itself are mental health disorders. Or you mean that 7% are faking it but if its criminal its higher because of the obvious reason that somehow criminal vs non-criminal disorders are two separate groups?

And good to hear you are not the primary idiot. You're just a bandwagoner. This started with me highlighting the stupidity of the view and of course, this is when you chimed in with your 'support'. Guess that justifies your position since you're not being the first idiot in the queue.

Anything else? Maybe fake rape, fake domestic violence or fake cancer. I'm sure you'd have lots to say on all of this to cover the small minority rather than provide support for the majority.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can only laugh at this for the following reasons....

It existed in the past and was dealt with (one way or another) with whatever tools or knowledge they had. They couldn't resolve it.

Nowdays, it exists and is dealt with (one way or another) with whatever tools or knowledge they currently have. And they can't resolve it.

My point is, there's nothing wrong with how it was dealt with in the past if the processes or the way it is approached can't solve the issue now.

Ignorance is not the worst thing.
Glad I could give you a laugh… I am sorry to keep litigating this but:

Yes it existed in the past but no it wasn’t dealt with. It was ignored either innocently (they didn’t know) or maliciously (they thought sufferers should just get over it).

Yes it exists now and it is being dealt with. It‘s not being ignored anymore, it’s being identified and managed through a combination of therapy and medication (I know this because I am seeing it first hand in my own family).

And it can’t be “resolved“ any more than cancer can - it is an illness that manifests not as a lump of cells that won’t die, but damage to the wiring and chemical balance in the brain.

Ignorance actually IS the worst thing when it comes to mental health, because ignorance leads to awful outcomes.

I am honestly not trying to be insulting or difficult here, you have your view and at least you express it honestly and respectfully. This is just a topic I feel strongly about and is directly on point to this thread.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I can’t help but point out that I have actually acknowledged in a separate post in this thread that I was wrong to call you ignorant.. yet it’s been almost a full day since you chucked a heap of abuse my way and not a whisper of accountability from you. Each to their own I guess.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Have had my own issues for over a decade now so I'll just say this....

My strength and prayers to everyone who genuinely is doing it tough and fuck any putrid **** who uses it as an excuse.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Have had my own issues for over a decade now so I'll just say this....

My strength and prayers to everyone who genuinely is doing it tough and fuck any putrid **** who uses it as an excuse.
Yeah - bit shit to talk fake mental health on a Dogs forum. You think CC's training cause mental health issues, try being a fckng fan :weary:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Less wrestling 13 players for Reed and more first contact tackling practise for his punishment

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah - bit shit to talk fake mental health on a Dogs forum. You think CC's training cause mental health issues, try being a fckng fan :weary:
I've actually enjoyed JRL more this year than FG. Keeps me sane...ish.

Nice to see people play for passion instead of a pay cheque.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Firstly, thanks for proving my point. He was talking to your point not you but if you're that sensitive, maybe you have a mental health disorder - you should seek help.

Secondly, oh. You mean Munchausen's or Facetious disorder? Which in itself are mental health disorders. Or you mean that 7% are faking it but if its criminal its higher because of the obvious reason that somehow criminal vs non-criminal disorders are two separate groups?

And good to hear you are not the primary idiot. You're just a bandwagoner. This started with me highlighting the stupidity of the view and of course, this is when you chimed in with your 'support'. Guess that justifies your position since you're not being the first idiot in the queue.

Anything else? Maybe fake rape, fake domestic violence or fake cancer. I'm sure you'd have lots to say on all of this to cover the small minority rather than provide support for the majority.
Ffs **** it's not speaking to my point at all. He was speaking about mental health being stigmatised in regards to a young child. I'm speaking about people obviously older to enough to fake a mental health disorder to a professional.

I mean that criminals will be more likely to fake mental health for the obvious benefit of receiving a lighter sentence you mental midget.

All good to see you can set aside your personal grudge to look at contentious points of view objectively. Seems your stuck in an eristic holding pattern you should get that checked.

I chimed into object to your TOTAL disregard of fake mental health not like your fake assertion that I'm intimating its the majority.

Fuckwits like you try and draw the argument out into the ethersphere of fake rape, racism and homophobia because you're a weak minded dog and you need the majority to get behind you instead of staying on point.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I can’t help but point out that I have actually acknowledged in a separate post in this thread that I was wrong to call you ignorant.. yet it’s been almost a full day since you chucked a heap of abuse my way and not a whisper of accountability from you. Each to their own I guess.
So you acknowledged that in a separate post without tagging me in and automatically assumed that I read your post and reciprocate? Ffs I cant deal with you types

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Ffs **** it's not speaking to my point at all. He was speaking about mental health being stigmatised in regards to a young child. I'm speaking about people obviously older to enough to fake a mental health disorder to a professional.

I mean that criminals will be more likely to fake mental health for the obvious benefit of receiving a lighter sentence you mental midget.

All good to see you can set aside your personal grudge to look at contentious points of view objectively. Seems your stuck in an eristic holding pattern you should get that checked.

I chimed into object to your TOTAL disregard of fake mental health not like your fake assertion that I'm intimating its the majority.

Fuckwits like you try and draw the argument out into the ethersphere of fake rape, racism and homophobia because you're a weak minded dog and you need the majority to get behind you instead of staying on point.
And here comes the abuse. Thought you didn't get abusive.

So, according to the world of BU - its ok to bring up fake rape in a thread about being raped. Fake domestic violence in a story about a wife beater. And so on and so on. And who bought up homophobia? You. Not me. You just seem to have no idea.

And I need people to get behind me? You haven't read my stuff have you? I'm on so many hills its not funny and you reckon I do it for the followers. Now you are getting seriously delusional. Although I do have quite a few followers, they think I'm funny taking down this sort of waffle. Go figure - its a talent.

Since you seem to be of simple mind but happy to pull a google synonym, I'll make it really easy. If you post about fake 'anything' in a thread about someone having anything, you are taking away from the issue. If you feel that strongly about fake mental health - go create another thread and talk about it civilly. I'm sure you'll get plenty of people who want to discuss it.

Why not go over to the R U Ok thread and talk about fake mental health? Sure that will work well for you.

Dolt.