Search results

1. M

Official Sam Hughes contract extension

I’m in the minority here but I don’t like the extension. He lacks punch and gets dominated on most hit ups.
  2. M

Round 20 Bulldog V Bronco Team List + Discussion

No imagination. Down by 4 at the half. Man up. Wind at our backs. No Haas, Carrigan and Walsh and most teams should win. Not Dogs. We throw no punches whatsoever
  3. M

Official Toby Sexton Signed Immediately

Is Gus doing a Costanza and trying to get fired to go back to the Warriors? Serious question
  4. M

Rd 16 vs Sharks 3-2-1

Why is Preston in the votes? 5 runs for 33m. Morrin the only player that can hold is head high. Flano tried his guts out but not a FG player
  5. M

Opinion Ryan Sutton

Another panic buy to the many on the list in recent years
  6. M

Official Round 14 vs the Roosters

Would be nice to have forwards that can make pcm
  7. M

Rumour Alamoti

There was so much hype about him during the off season. Sample size is small but I was expecting more albeit he’s still very young. I’ll be shocked if we let him walk
  8. M

Official Round 12 Bulldogs vs Titans Game Day Thread

How is that intentionally touched out
  9. M

Official Addo-Carr out

Ask for a release
  10. M

Official Gus on Twitter

Sutton was an awful signing. Cleared up so much cap space to bring him in for 3 years.
  11. M

Strength and conditioning coach reportedly has left

Only way they can sell memberships is through culture and fluff bullshit
  12. M

Andrew Davey joins Parramatta Eels from Bulldogs

And not one of those marquee signings have made any impact or have any X factor that can actually win us games off MOTM performance. I even question the Crichton signing for next year on the supposed money that he would be on. I almost feel we need to rebuild the rebuild.
  13. M

I’m deeply concerned. Almost 10 years of mediocrity and our best players have been money ball signings - King, Kiraz and Preston. We mock the tigers, we are just as bad.
  14. M

Hopefully Sutton next who has been an awful signing
  15. M

Official Club season launch

We are minor premiers for talking it up off the field. Let’s see what the team can do on the field. Time for actions as of next week. I’ll admit I was confident for a good year ahead. Sundays performance spooked me slightly.
  16. M

What kind of style will the team play under Ciraldo?

Each player across every position to be held accountable would be a great start
  17. M

2022-2023 Bulldogs Pre Season Thread

He looked good. Brilliant in and away move to burn Rajab for a try and too fast for Okunbor for his second. Looked super quick
  18. M

My bad. King started and must have rotated with Patolo
  19. M

A Team today in match sim with B Team. Perham - very talkative Kiraz - two offloads into 2 long range tries Averillo - very quick. Rolled ankle but nothing serious Alamoti - one good break JAC - in 1st gear. Got a small knock Reynolds - nice try assist to JAC otherwise average Flanagan -...
  20. M

He will be lucky to play 1 game.
  21. M

I didn’t notice Burton there today. Pengai Jnr and Kikau were there but did not play. Kiraz outstanding, Preston impressed and Patolo caught my eye the most. 6 tries to nil, all beautiful tries. It was more contact than I was expecting. Some hard hits and team has a different feel about it...
  22. M

Only played because Burton didn’t play. Set up a nice try with a chip over the top for JAC. Otherwise average and caught with the ball a few times on the left. He’s there only for leadership qualities.
  23. M

Ciraldo set to spring fullback selection shock to open Bulldogs’ season

Perham was fullback today in match sim with A team v B team. He’s very vocal at the back. Looked good, scored a nice try supporting Alomatti after a nice break
  24. M

News Nelson Asofa-Solomona linked to Sydney rival in reported shock move

But you can front load to create more space in the coming years
  25. M

Official Josh Jackson Retired Immediately

I have now complete faith in Ciraldo. A man not afraid of hard decisions. Bravo
  26. M

Opinion Ryan Sutton

Spot on. Allen and Burns signings were also panic buys.
  27. M

Opinion Morrin

His sister is smokin hot. Wakeham is definitely punching above his weight being with her.
  28. M

Official Team List Round 15 v Tigers + Match Discussion

He’s on the outer. If I was a betting man his contract will not be extended.
  29. M

Vaughan deserves to be re-signed.

At 31 years old I’m happy for him to be let go. We’ve been burnt enough extending players in the twilight of their career the last few years No thanks, pass from me. Thanks for your service this year and all the best in the UK next year.
  30. M

Would you take Maguire if he bought Jackson Hastings with him ?

Hastings is still on contract for next year. If we were going to sign someone who’s currently on a contract Hastings wouldn’t be anywhere near the top of my list. Don’t understand all this love for Hastings.
  31. M

Would you want Hastings over Hughes? Or Moses? Hastings isn’t bad, but not hard to look good in a very bad team. Over the last few years the club has tried to money ball it’s way out of this mess and the way I see it more than half our team that will be in our next premiership window would...
  32. M

I’m not convinced about that. Game catches up and passes players like Hastings very quickly.
  33. M

Have we not learnt from constant panic buys the last +5 years
  34. M

Tonight's Presser V Panfers

Vaughan is like Tolman, tries hard but so ineffective. Our whole forward pack with the exception of TPJ and maybe King lack punch and rarely go over the advantage line. We get monstered. We look slow out there. Many think it’s a fitness issue, I think it’s a problem with quality.
  35. M

Averillo - Finally Found His Spot

I think I can do better. At 43, no experience playing the game I still have hopes of being signed up by the Dogs. We signed Allen on a 3 year x $500k deal so there’s still hope for me
  36. M

Averillo - Finally Found His Spot

I must have been watching a different game. He is not an NRL player.
  37. M

Mick Potter

I had hopes for Baz, really wanted him to work out. Our cap was compromised, and with limited funds he brought in Waddell, Flano, Hetho, Allen, Burns, Avo etc when we should have just played kids, still be crap but won’t have players tying up valuable cap space for more than 1 year. Ultimately...
  38. M

2022 Round 13 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Surely Holbrook is next to get sacked
  39. M

BULLDOGS $3.20-$3.30 this week..... Good or bad bet??

Sportsbet will thank you for your donation lol
  40. M

Rumour Dolphins to Poach Bulldogs Star

Bulldogs Gun signed with the Dolphins for $200k a season. Not far off the min wage contract lol
  41. M

Rumour Fox off field issues

Kids a gun. Won’t play but will be better off with the experience to be around the team.
  42. M

Rumour Fox off field issues

Fox hasn’t seen the world on fire either. He’s been ok. But I’ve also seen him have so many runs from dummy half netting 0m gained. He looks average in a shit team and that hurt his SOO chances. That’s the way it goes sometimes. Hopefully it hurts him and he responds. Team too that’s let him...
  43. M

News What I know re Bulldogs and Haas

To those not supporting Haas signing consider this. Thompson + Jackson = $1.5m give or take or Haas + Topine (or similar young talent) = $1.5m. I know which combo I’d choose.
  44. M

Payne Haas requests immediate release from Broncos

Back load it and we can make it happen with more cap space made available pushing others out which would include JMK and Hetho.
  45. M

We need type of Player with integrity

Lots of people in here think highly of Jackson and how he’s the heart and soul of the club. Does that translate into wins? We need a balanced team. Key positions should be our highest paid players, surround them with bits and pieces players (Storm model). One good player goes out, one comes up...
  46. M

We need type of Player with integrity

Family man, Bulldog DNA, no dickhead policy, blah blah blah it’s all fluff. Fuck integrity! Aidan Tolman gives you integrity. I want rep players at the highest level. When was the last player we had that was an out and out star? Club should be ashamed of themselves that we are in this situation...
  47. M

Rumour Marty Tapau back to Bulldogs

Might be good for the younger brigade. But only for a packet of smokes and Coke. If he wants anything more than that he can try his luck in England.
  48. M

The Biggest issue with the bulldogs …

Too much living in the past with this “dogs or war” and “family club” bullshit. Recruit players with skill and talent. Not because they are nice clubmen. Then be ruthless, don’t hang on to them passed used by date. It’s that simple.
  49. M

News Johns raises $1.8M spine buys for building Bulldogs

Hastings is the type of player that the game catches up with very quickly. Committing to long term deals is what got us in trouble to begin with. We need to be patient and have money available to pounce on the right type of player with youth on his side. Look at players like May, Tago and...
  50. M

Official Round 11 - Bulldogs v Tigers

Last 78mins of footy = 2 plays in the attacking 20m. Schoolboys would beat this pathetic team
  51. M

Naden signs with Tigers

Baz wanted to sign Naden, board had concerns but supported what the coach wanted. Baz assured them that he was a good lad. I don’t know specific details other than being told that by someone directly within the club that “he was a very, very bad egg”. Was also told that Dufty and Vaughan aren’t...
  52. M

News First Casualty of Barrett Resignation

There will be more going as well.
  53. M

News ‘Wrong decision’: All Blacks legend Steve Hansen takes aim at Dogs board after Barrett axing

Hansen saying that Baz isn’t the finished product is exactly the reason why he was let go. In the NRL you need coaches who are ready, not learning their craft. If Baz is learning he should coach in the UK where demands are not as high as the NRL.
  54. M

Will Hansen get the flick ?

His appointment was to sell memberships and some fluff to attract more sponsors and get a positive spin through media. He probably proved his worth from an advertisement perspective. Will be moved on. Club will find another poster boy to put on flyers to recruit sponsors. Money Bill perhaps.
  55. M

News Dogs set for overhaul as ‘huge’ Barrett call could trigger $500k star’s early exit:

Other than his bombs, Burton has underachieved big time. Could be down to coaching so let’s see how he plays under a new coach. Same for every other player. If he wants to leave good riddance to him too. No person is greater than the club.
  56. M

News Vaughan and Dufty off to England?

If we are fair dinkum none of them will be here next year. Maybe give Topine game time at lock this year so he can prove why he should be given a 1 year extension.
  57. M

I fear Baz won't get sacked.

I was a Baz fan and was looking at it from your perspective. I really wanted him to work out. But those players you mentioned he brought in/extended all of them except for Jackson. And as coach he’s responsible for that as they have all regressed. He’s got to go. Not one player has improved...
  58. M

Kyle Flanagan

As fans we ride every tackle, error etc. If we were shit in attack what does that make the Roosters? And compare both rosters as they are a much better team than us on paper. We take the win and run and look onto next week.
  59. M

Gould Blows up, runs Training session

Does Gus getting involved really change our fortunes against the Roosters? Our roster as a whole is by far the worst in the comp. We just don’t have the cattle.
  60. M

Rumour Barrett Gone

The precious mention of hardly any training and the coach as well as the coach more focused on having a beer was under Dean Pay. Having a hyperbaric chamber available to players and not having been used at all for 2 years which cost the club $10k to service when Baz came in another example of...
  61. M

Official Gus on Twitter

We can’t afford him unless we offload Thompson and Jackson. I always thought 3/4 or our 17 that would be competing for a title would be made up of players we haven’t heard of yet. We can’t keep signing established players. And more than half the players we have signed are not good enough but...
  62. M

Official Gus on Twitter

Going off my eye test in my opinion Papalii can do the hard stuff better, he puts his head down and runs hard. Kikau needs early ball on the edges and put into one on one situations so he can beat the defence with his power and size. He’s not suited to the hard stuff up the middle. Based off our...
  63. M

Why we still playing Desball?

Watch most games and in general attack is not what it used to be. Could either be because teams put a higher emphasis on defence or because talent pool has dried up. Whatever it is it’s not just the Dogs that look out of sorts.
  64. M

GUS & TBAZ

With the current squad and blatant mismanagement of our top 30 for the last 10 years did we expect a win against the Storm? They’d beat teams more than 44-0 throughout the year. With RFM, Stimson, Doorey JMK, potentially Jackson and Thompson departing at the end of this season, with Kikau and...
  65. M

Opinion Matt Burton

Against the Cowboys he threw a nice inside ball to Dufty who almost scored. Haven’t seen that play attempted since. In the attacking zone we need a big bopper to take a hard hit up followed by a quick play the ball for a quick release from our hooker to Burton and easy tries. Problem is we don’t...
  66. M

Attack

And when we have the ball in the attacking area the player with the ball doesn’t engage the defender before passing. We are easy to defend because our play the balls are so slow the defensive line has so much time to set.
  67. M

Why did we get rid of Cotric?

Because he was overpaid for his position
  68. M

Jackson, i really hate to say this.

End of 2023
  69. M

Massive News

Quiet day at Woolies today?
  70. M

Opinion Big problem

Reynolds is out of Rd 1 because of a hamstring injury not due to covid
  71. M

Trial and I’m worried

The trials highlighted big issues with our handling errors and ill discipline. Exactly what you want out of trials. I’m sure this will be the emphasis over the next fortnight to ensure we are ready for Round 1. If this is how we perform over the first two months id expect for sackings. As tough...
  72. M

Sharks vs dogs trial

Averillo is not FG standard and he never will be
  73. M

Opinion Thoughts on signing Fergo 22/23

Boy oh boy SMH
  74. M

News What’s The Buzz: Phil Rothfield’s sporting predictions for 2022

Sharks will be lucky to make the 8. Hynes ain’t a half, McInnes a dud buy at lock and Finucanes best behind him.
  75. M

Why the Bulldogs?

First game I ever watched a game was Dogs v Eels 1986 GF. Can’t believe Mark Bugden hogs the ball on the last play of the game with Dogs attacking on the Eels try line. Felt so sorry for the Dogs that they lost. If they spread the ball they score. If Dogs won I’d probably be an Eels fan. So all...
  76. M

News (Yawn..) Cronk: Dogs spent $3m to become a contender but ignored one key issue. It spells ‘trouble’

Not interested in stats right now as 2022 hasn’t played out yet. 2009 was good, I just feel the players coming in now are of better quality than the ones in 2009. Different era too. If only Kikau and Mahoney were coming next year it would close this debate quick smart.
  77. M

News (Yawn..) Cronk: Dogs spent $3m to become a contender but ignored one key issue. It spells ‘trouble’

Well buckle up because the signings we’ve already made beats the 09 signings by a long way.
  78. M

I’d love the expert Cronk to point out which other wooden spoon team has weeded out so many duds and brought in so many better footballers in a single off season
  79. M

Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Buzz Rothfield: Which club is trying to offload four players

Post of the year. Someone who actually gets it.
  80. M

Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Buzz Rothfield: Which club is trying to offload four players

Yeah, them leaving was the reason we got the wooden spoon
  81. M

I agree, I just don’t think Jackson is that guy. Just a small sample size example for you; If you had a choice between Jackson and Finucane who would you choose? Point proven. All I’m saying is that there are better options than Jackson. And if we want trophies, we better have the balls to make...
  82. M

Same people saying the same thing about Hopoate a few years ago and changed tune quick fast. Facts are his best footy is behind him. He body and style doesn’t suit todays game. People expect him to play the same in the few years ahead at the level he played 5 years ago. He should never been...
  83. M

You do realise he can’t play forever right? and we have a history of holding onto players long after their best. We should not make the same mistake. This whole “need experience” is a myth. We need talent. You tell me which player panthers have that is 31 years old and is captain courageous
  84. M

Rumour Brandon smith done deal

Where is @davidholland and his prediction of either Klemmer or Woods back to the club?
  85. M

Whether or not the article hints that it is Jackson, I’m sure it’s been discussed internally. Crazy if it wasn’t because if I was coach and I inherited this squad, Jackson’s salary and signing would not have been approved by me. Passed his best and for a lock in todays game we could have a...
  86. M

Official Gus on Twitter

Couldn’t agree more with you. By 2023 there would be other options available that wouldn’t demand the money Smith wants. No one knew of Grant a few years ago. We can’t keep topping up with stars as it’ll blow out our cap, we need juniors to come through that will make us a force.
  87. M

News Gutherson

Pass
  88. M

Rumour Matt Ikavalu

Lacks speed. Desperate signing from Sharks. Dud buy
  89. M

News Vaccine stance a major sticking point for Bulldogs

No jab = no play. So if Thompson is refusing the jab why would Tigers be even interested when he won’t be able to play.
  90. M

Social Media Munster

Irrelevant for now. Ask again this time next year
  91. M

Ogden caught with cocaine

Good luck to the lad who will be pushing wheelbarrows soon
  92. M

Ogden caught with cocaine

Ogden should have had a manager instead of representing himself who was after ridiculous money
  93. M

Official Braidon burns takes the final roster spot

I would have liked the signing more if it was a 1 year deal.
  94. M

Schoupp Re-Signs

I question why we did this so soon
  95. M

Rumour James Maloney

Do you think we are a genuine change to win the grand final next year? Seeing we got that sorted out. Do you think having Averillo to partner Burton in the halves will put him in better stead for the next 3-5 years or having some experience around him like Pearce/Maloney around him? So tired...
  96. M

News The Mole: Bulldogs forward Raymond Faitala-Mariner's career in doubt after injury setback

Never reached the heights he showed coming up. Medically retiring him would be a big win for us
  97. M

Official John Asiata joins the Bulldogs

Why not front load a players contract which allows us more to spend more next year for 2023 when there are more players available
  98. M

Official John Asiata joins the Bulldogs

If the Asiata signing came about because Elliot is no longer with us then why not celebrate it?
  99. M

Official Adam Elliott and Bulldogs part ways

After his previous misdemeanours you’d think he did everything possible to keep his nose squeaky clean. But he couldn’t help himself so I don’t feel sorry for him whatsoever. He had plenty of chances and kept screwing up. Good riddance to that shit stain of a human being. Bad decisions come with...
  100. M

Josh Dugan sacked

No chance. He’s playing days in the NRL is over. He’s signed a contract to play park footy.