Reaction score
baz isn't getting sacked this week as it would of happened by now

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Gus didn't allow Barrett in the dressing room. Gus spoke with the players privately after the game, Thats why Jackson didn't go to the press conference. Based on that I think Barrett will be sacked on Tuesday. I won't be surprised if Shane Flannagan is appointed by round 10.
Meeting gone overtime? LOL

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
My nephew went to some kind of party last Friday and he met a mate of Schoup's. One thing led to another and they got to talking about the Dogs. Now I'm not one for gossip and hear say but during the coversation it was mentioned that Barrett would rather drink beers with the boys and pal around instead of making them run laps. Aparently two lapse of Belmore oval after training is enough then it's a race to the local pub. It was also devulged by Schoups mate that when it is mentioned that Barrett is a good coach always take it with a grain of salt.
Based on the 2 training sessions that I have been to so far this year that's 100% BULLSHIT.

Always a Bulldog

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As a matter of interest what did you see?
Sluggish movement left to right and right to left for the most part and the session ending with Burton kicking bombs that mostly landed out on the full.

Oh, and players looking gassed pretty early in the piece…

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
As a matter of interest what did you see?
Outside viewing only, not allowed into the gym.
A pretty standard high energy training session with all 30 players involved (plus some extras);
Loosening up and stretching to start under the physio's supervision.
Injured players on restricted duties depending on their situation.
Lots of aerobic work, running, manoeuvrability, flexibility etc all carried out under the high performance team's supervision.
Drills, heaps of drills, both defence and attack (yes, with drones) with the coaching staff.
Sometimes split into groups, plenty of one on one work players and coaches.
Finished off with kicking practise for Burton, Flanagan, Wakeham, BBO and Averillo (FMD Burton got a hold of one that went ~80 metres on the fly). Including goal kicking practise (El Masri was there for a while), they had a competition one session and Flanagan won.

Over the years I have been to many Bulldogs training sessions and this year looks just as intense as any other year, the players work their arses off. Hope to make it to another session, maybe next week.

Always a Bulldog

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I keep checking hoping for an announcement, this rumour thread must be on fire.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A pretty standard high energy training session with all 30 players involved (plus some extras);
Lots of aerobic work, running, manoeuvrability, flexibility etc all carried out under the high performance team's supervision.
Drills, heaps of drills, both defence and attack (yes, with drones) with the coaching staff.
Finished off with kicking practise for Burton, Flanagan, Wakeham, BBO and Averillo (FMD Burton got a hold of one that went ~80 metres on the fly). Including goal kicking practise (El Masri was there for a while), they had a competition one session and Flanagan won.

Over the years I have been to many Bulldogs training sessions and this year looks just as intense as any other year, the players work their arses off. Hope to make it to another session, maybe next week.

Always a Bulldog
Thanks for sharing, nice to know they are all putting in even if the results aren't there.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really wish people would stop spreading stories that a friend or neighbour told them.
They are meaningless, and only give ammunition to journos, like you know who, to write more rubbish
and ridicule our club.
None of us really know what Baz's future holds.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Based on the 2 training sessions that I have been to so far this year that's 100% BULLSHIT.

Always a Bulldog
Hmmm, should I believe you, as an eyewitness, or someone saying something that their nephew heard some cousin's brother saying at a party?

This is a hard one...

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
The precious mention of hardly any training and the coach as well as the coach more focused on having a beer was under Dean Pay. Having a hyperbaric chamber available to players and not having been used at all for 2 years which cost the club $10k to service when Baz came in another example of what happened under Pay. I can support your comments that training is more detailed and intense under Baz, big worry that it hasn’t transferred onto the field.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much for all the pea-brained assertions that he would be 100% gone by lunch...

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gus didn't allow Barrett in the dressing room. Gus spoke with the players privately after the game, Thats why Jackson didn't go to the press conference. Based on that I think Barrett will be sacked on Tuesday. I won't be surprised if Shane Flannagan is appointed by round 10.
What time on Tuesday???