Official Toby Sexton Signed Immediately

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old news.
Geez I certainly hope this is NOT a 3 fucking year deal!

Has this club not learnt a fucking thing?

I'd rather pay him 100k extra and sign him for only 2 years. If he becomes good, offer an extension. But don't offer the extended deal when he hasn't proven anything and hasn't laced a boot.

Pathetic contract term

Last edited:

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old fashioned half has game management potential and a serviceable short kicking game but very inconsistent and when he is off he is bog average. Will compliment Burton.
Let’s see how he goes nothing else on the market and would assume titans kicked in some cash as he was contracted to end 24.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can anybody copy and paste the article?
[emoji91]BREAKING NEWS[emoji91]

Bulldogs sign Titans halfback Toby Sexton in immediate transfer deal
[emoji438] Telegraph Sport

Phil Gould’s Bulldogs have poached Titans young gun Toby Sexton as coach Cameron Ciraldo seeks an urgent fix for Canterbury’s scrumbase crisis.

This masthead can reveal Sexton has agreed terms with the Bulldogs just 24 hours after Canterbury were flogged 66-0 by the Knights in one of the most humiliating performances in their 88-year history.

The Titans have agreed to an immediate transfer deal. Sexton left the Gold Coast on Monday night for a 10-hour drive to Sydney and, pending NRL clearance, could be available for Canterbury’s round 19 clash against Souths on Saturday night.

The Bulldogs have deployed Matt Burton at halfback for the past two months but the signing of the out-of-favour Sexton will give struggling Canterbury a bona fide No.7 to ease the strain on their star off-season recruit.

Ciraldo and football boss Gould met with Sexton last week in Sydney. They were impressed with the attitude of the former Australian Schoolboys star, who will join the Bulldogs immediately after being granted permission to negotiate with rival clubs by the Titans.

Sexton’s signing will allow Burton to shift to five-eighth and give Ciraldo a composed game manager as the rookie coach comes under mounting pressure to steer the 15th-placed Bulldogs away from wooden-spoon territory.

Sexton - the Titans’ Chosen One just 12 months ago - has had a stunning fall from grace on the Glitter Strip.

The 22-year-old was regarded as Gold Coast’s next scrumbase superstar and he was rated so highly the Titans dumped their co-captain Jamal Fogarty, offloading him to the Raiders last year to blood Sexton.

But after 19 games in 2022, Sexton was dropped at the back end of last season by then coach Justin Holbrook and has barely been sighted in the NRL since after losing the Titans’ No.7 jumper this year to Tanah Boyd.

Sexton has played just one NRL game this season, setting up the winning try against the Dragons in the dying minutes and outpointing rival halfback Ben Hunt in the Titans’ 20-18 victory.

Now the promising shot-caller gets the chance to resurrect not only his NRL career, but kickstart the Bulldogs’ flagging fortunes.

Sexton, who has played 24 games since his NRL debut in 2021, was contracted to the Titans until the end of next year but the Gold Coast have agreed to an early release to revive his career at Belmore.

The Bulldogs are hoping to have Sexton’s subsidised deal registered by the NRL by Tuesday afternoon, which would enable him to be selected at halfback for the Rabbitohs clash.

Last month, Sexton said he had not lost faith in his ability and vowed to fight his way back to the NRL.

“Last year was a pretty tough year, I’ve been through the wringer in a way,” he said.

“I was a little bit disappointed (to be overlooked for the halfback spot this season).

“I want to be back playing NRL, especially after last year.

“All I can control is playing good footy.”

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
nah that’s foul. he’s utter trash. hope he proves me wrong and makes me eat my words

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He should be first choice goal kicker when in the team as he’s better than Burton if the team happens to score any tries (A big if!) for the remainder of the year.