Search results

1. T

We said playing good and losing is still not winning.

I think they all know how to manage the count so it looks ‘even-ish’ by the end of the game. We had 60+% possession at half time, you just knew they were going to do what they could to flip that second half. Low and behold, Roosyers get 63% and 10 + more sets second half.
  2. T

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

I think it’s a weight off his shoulders. His niggle has realty lifted (one thing you can’t do as a captain), he wasn’t being a grub but he was in everyone’s face first half and unsettling their team. It’s an underrated skill and definitely something you can’t have your skipper doing.
  3. T

We lost control when they were 6 and 7. Not all on them (massive momentum shift in possession and officiating) but the kicking in particular was ineffective in the second half.
  4. T

Sorry mate I wasn’t diagreeing apologies Psucho I saw you mention Burton as a ‘try scoring Centre’ and said my 2 cents when it wasn’t aimed at you directly apologies Psycho, I saw you mention Burton as a ‘try scoring Centre’ and said my 2 cents when it wasn’t aimed at you directly. You were...
  5. T

Burton had an assist, a line break assist, and 2 (I think) tries at 6 while it was 13 on 13. Why the hell are people ripping Burton for his performance tonight?! He’s not been great in a shit side, but I thought he was good first half tonight - his heads up play isolating Kikau on Dom Young a...
  6. T

Agreed. On the wrong side of a 7-1 set restart count, most coming in the second half - hard to turn the tide on an artificial momentum shift like that. We needed to be smarter in possession though.
  7. T

Almost hip-dropped the tv when Kiraz dumped that out the back. You can tell a lot of blokes in our club aren’t used to shutting out a game. It will come…. Wins breed wins.
  8. T

Lads, (and ladies) I think we’re missing the silver lining here. We beat the chooks, got the 2 points, got a few of them missing a fortnight at least (not that we celebrate HIAs) and we still played dogshit enough in that second half that noone’s position is safe and everyone is on notice for...
  9. T

We said playing good and losing is still not winning.

Have a quick look at the penalty count and set restarts in the second half. Pretty sure we were ahead on penalties at the end of the first half, and the count ended 6-5 against us and 7-1 against in set restarts. Sure, momentum plays a part in that turn-around, but that’s a massive leg up for...
  10. T

So many players letting down the team

I cannot stand Dufty’s complete avoidance of putting his body on the line. He lost the ball twice avoiding contact, let them stroll over from that kick inside from Cobbo, and I can’t think of a single time this year he’s laid a tackle as last man. We have plenty of shit in this team, but this...
  11. T

News Asiata gone ?

I'm more a lurker than a poster on here, but had to jump in on this one for some balance. Youtube research is not 'unbiased', it carries the inherent bias of the individual posting it. It's also not peer reviewed and barely regulated so can't be considered factual or fact checked. It is the...
  12. T

News Matt Burton wants out

Cleary's basically said there that they just threw out an unrealistic request (Napa with the Dogs paying the difference in contract I assume) to see if we were desperate enough to take it...
  13. T

armit

Armit's shoulder has been buggered for the last year and a half... He had surgery on it at the back end of last year in anticipation of a full off season. He's certainly no world beater but he is a good, honest hard working prop that makes a fair few tackles... I expect him to be a hell of a lot...
  14. T

Most Influential Person of the last 30 years

Come on Matto, if you are going to name Corey Hughes as one of the 4 players that left because of Mason's departure, then you might as well say Kane Cleal aswell... The fact that Hughes left the same year as Mason is coincidental, since he wasn't wanted by the club, which Hughes was quoted as...
  15. T

BULLDOGS 2009/2010 Player Contracts, Signings & Rumour Mill

Well and truly... That girl would root Gavin Miller if he was still running round in first grade...
  16. T

BULLDOGS 2009/2010 Player Contracts, Signings & Rumour Mill

Crocker was let go by the Roosters for sleeping with Chris Flannery's missus, and also as they were signing Braith Anasta he was against playing with Crocker because of what Crocker allegedly said to Anasta about his then girlfriend, the town bike Candice Falzon, during a game... Something along...
  17. T

Disturbing treatment of Utai

If you look at it from a purely objective point of view (a ridiculous thing to say in a Bulldogs forum but bear with me), then Mason's form in the last 2 years has been nowhere near what you would expect from a 400k a year player, and for that reason alone Matto, I think your comment that...
  18. T

Ryan's ankle tap on Crocker was the defining moment of that GF, but for someone who's workrate has never been particularly impressive, Mason's numbers and presence on the field were immense against the Roosters... He stepped up more than any other player on the park that night and fully deserved...
  19. T

Mason, as much as I dislike the bloke (and did when he was a bulldog too), he was brilliant in the finals series in 04, and was our best forward in the last 2 games amongst illustrious company... Hasn't done sh!t since though and glad to be rid of him. To say he won us the GF is not far off the...
  20. T

Bulldogs 2008/2009: Player Contracts, Signings & Rumours.

Pass on Turner... The last thing we need is yet another short winger for defences to bomb to... I'd be interested in Will Chambers though if the price is right... Tall, plenty of talent, and cheap since he hasn't seen much first grade... I know he plays centre but he could definately be...
  21. T

New Jersey-Here it is

The yellow rectangle would be there as it is part of the Camp Quality branding guidelines for their logo placed on a multicoloured background... Its common practice for companies to have a set colour background for their logo. So if we are happy with Camp Quality to have a place on our jerseys...
  22. T

Armit signs with sharks

Spoke to a mate that was catching up with Armit whilst in camp with Scotland, and was told Armit is in the process of signing a one year deal with the dogs.
  23. T

marmin barba

The same sh!t was said about Wayne Rooney's brother... And where's he?! Let Ben develop before you worry about the next best thing...
  24. T

Eric Grothe? (merged)

He doesn't have to leave the Eels, they've offered him the chance to look elsewhere... With his lack of motivation I don't see him going anywhere for less money in order to prove himself, therefore the Dogs would have to match what he's on in order to poach him... And if they do that I'll hand...
  25. T

Why is Mundine hated???

Because his ego far outweighs his ability. He constantly comes out and says he was the best 5/8 of his generation, and when people bring up names like Fittler and Daley, he says they're discriminating against him and his talents because of race... Despite Daley being as aboriginal as Mundine...
  26. T

(MERGED) all SBW to union discussion

This whole farce is a disgrace... Bad enough for us Bulldogs supporters who have defended you in your numerous stints on the sidelines and public indiscretions, but what about those of New Zealand descent? He's gone to a club which prevents him playing for his country in any way shape or form...
  27. T

Kewell Signs with Galatasaray!

He actually went there because Galatasary were the only one of the Champions League playing clubs looking at him that didn't try to impose clauses in his contract dependant on injury. It was the major factor in him not going to AS Roma.
  28. T

Sbw Nsw? Why Not?

"SOO is directly, or indirectly however you want to look at it, killing International Rugby League." Most ridiculous comment I've ever read outside of a Rebecca Wilson article. State of Origin is the pinnacle of AUSTRALIAN rugby league. It has nothing to do with the international scene...
  29. T

Would SBW be an auto selection for AU Team ?

What I think Steve Mortimer is missing in answering the question is team balance... You have the hindmarsh (or Bobcat) type player in the back row, then you balance that out with a strong ball running back rower like Hoffman, Tupou or our old mate Mason (the 2/3 ball running back rowers in the...
  30. T

Patten For Nsw Fullback!

Why does everyone want the General selected for origin? Great (and well deserved) accolade for the bloke, but from a Bulldog fan's point of view the best thing about Not having Mason/Shrek in our side this year is that we will no longer field understrength line-ups around origin time...
  31. T

Roosters' Gameplan

The wall? Thats not slang for under the Coke sign is it... Surely there's better ways to raise money under the cap than that. Would explain the Mason/Sailor photo in the pool though. Brings a whole new meaning to the 'back of the shorts' sponsor.
  32. T

Roosters' Gameplan

Says it all that this Roosterman is hear talking ****e on a different team's forum rather than actually reading/discussing his own team's fortunes with his fellow Roosters supporters... Perhaps he is just researching names for his 2009/10 team's roster... Typical Roosters "supporter".. Love...
  33. T

Brent Sherwin to Castleford?

I think the fact that Greg Bird (a grub and makeshift 5/8 at best) was chosen ON FORM for the Australia v NZ match this week (as well as origin), despite Anasta being in the form of his career, shows a lot about anasta's real worth... Add to that that Anasta has NEVER held down his spot in rep...
  34. T

The 40/20's I won't dispute, however the most metres can paint a misleading picture... I'd wager that Roberts had reasonable stats as far as kicking metres go this year aswell, but I would not say that he has been a great (or even a good) kicker for us this season since none of his kicks...
  35. T

I tend to agree (in theory) with Blessed. Even if you disregard the fact that it was never between Sherwin and Anasta as to who should get resigned at that time (from memory we only had the option of keeping 2 out of the following 3; Anasta, Mason, and SBW... I know who I'd keep), I had been...
  36. T

Name your favourite 3 bulldogs of all time!

Terry Lamb Jason Hetherington Steven Price All typified the Bulldog ethos of never say die. Honourable mentions to Reardo, Grimaldi and Turvey Mortimer... Mason and El Masri are right up there too... If our starting 17 showed half the desperation in defence as the blokes above, we'd be...
  37. T

Utai in premier league

Utai is not consistent enough or athletic enough to justify the money he's asking. Cutler is doing a good job at the moment, so leave Utai in Premier league and sell him off to free up some cash for next season. The money would be better spent getting a winger in blue & white that is over 5 foot...
  38. T

Will it be wrong to drop Roberts?

Run Roberts off the bench like we did with Thurston back in 04... We could use him as a back up hooker to make metres from dummy half as the opposing forwards get tired. It would also allow him and Holdsworth to continue to grow as players in first grade without harming the bulldogs as a whole.
  39. T

Will it be wrong to drop Roberts?

The bulldogs need an experienced half in the side to take the pressure off Holdsworth and get the ball wide to our backs... Sherwin has a ballplayer's brain and a top passing and short kicking game. Ben Roberts can kick the ball a mile, aaaand thats about it. The dogs dropped way too much ball...