OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
maybe I’m being too harsh or dramatic, maybe I’m just fed up. Maybe it’s because I’m comparing to our glory years and forgetting the bad…… maybe the dogs are just changing like society these days, I just find it hard to relate to the dogs these days too much love and cuddles papering over where we really sit in the league
Yeah its frustrating, and that 2nd half was incredibly hard to watch, about the only thing that kept me in it until the end was need to see us finish with more points. As much as the chooks bad luck in the first half fired them up and made them fight, it was met by us with completely the wrong mentality, we played to preserve our lead, and we went away from CCs game plan.

When feeling really frustrated it gets harder to see the whole picture, we tend to narrow our view. I don't think you'll find anyone raving about the 2nd half, CC and Critta certainly didn't. But it is truthful to acknowledge that awfulness AND the brilliance of the first half, and the simple fact that we finished the game with more points. All of those things are true.

thedoctor81

Waterboy
Reaction score
I have been a Reed critic since middle of last season

credit where due he’s worked hard on his game defensively especially and is churning out 80 min pretty easily now

I think the non captaincy has been a blessing in disguise for him
I think it’s a weight off his shoulders. His niggle has realty lifted (one thing you can’t do as a captain), he wasn’t being a grub but he was in everyone’s face first half and unsettling their team. It’s an underrated skill and definitely something you can’t have your skipper doing.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Some salty fucks tonight even though he got a hatrick and probably played his best half of footy for us before being moved cause of injury.
And surprise surprise we went to shit when Burton went to centre Critta went to FB and Sexton the attacking wizard that couldn’t tackle a Tontine took the field

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some salty fucks tonight even though he got a hatrick and probably played his best half of footy for us before being moved cause of injury.
Ya know what’s funny mate? I reckon we’d be a gun side with him at centre, the way he just glides.. he is a great finisher. The problem is, without a decent 6 inside him, he won’t get enough opportunities. I wish we had someone but at the same time, we also missed his big boot when he shifted wider. Confirmed what us Burton supporters always believed.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I feel like Burto is really finding himself as a half playing with Crichton and Kiks outside of him... his energy in defence is getting back to what it was at Penrith and when we first got him.. we just need more out of the guy beside him because we have to unlock our right side if we're to get back into the 8 imo

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And surprise surprise we went to shit when Burton went to centre Critta went to FB and Sexton the attacking wizard that couldn’t tackle a Tontine took the field
critta to fb, I think is a work in progress. I bagged him initially but if he has time there, he will be a gun. He positions well in d but doesn’t know the techniques of when to go high and low

burto to centre was solid I think but I agree he is better at 5 8 for us right now. It was made worse because his long kicking game is infinitely better than Hutch and we kept deferring to hutch for kicks when burto was in centre

And we don’t know what a sexton burto combo looks like. I suspect a whole lot fucking better than hutch burto. Hutch managed to butcher another overlap with his fucking dumb dummy and run

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People sooking. Who fucking cares. We got the win. We move on.

And people need to shut the fuck up about Crichton at FB. Sit the fuck down. He’s a centre.
Only negative Nancy's aren't celebrating

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have been a Reed critic since middle of last season

credit where due he’s worked hard on his game defensively especially and is churning out 80 min pretty easily now

I think the non captaincy has been a blessing in disguise for him
For me his d was always there but your right the load of Cap plus the extra responsibility to attack ruins his game. He simplified tonight, showed his worth with those stats and a great try assist.

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Patolo 12min.
Kautoga 23min

week gutted dog 72min

again Ciraldud absolute cocking up his benc
I have been championing Kautoga's omission to the NRL team.
His first 2 involvements were 2 penalties against us for ill discipline... that started to swing the momentum of the game to the chooks.
He did a couple of good things later - but seriously - if you wanna be a first grader - discipline must be your foundation.
Making an impact must rate a very distant second place. If you just wanna promote yourself and "be a star" go for the glory brother!!!! - but you know what ???? - the real glory comes when you sacrifice yourself for the team!!!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The first half was brilliant both in attack and defensively .... plenty of positives to work with moving forward.

It was 18 nil before they were down to 12 ...

Second half was always going to be difficult even against 12 .... winning is still a long way from being ingrained in us yet.

Most importantly we got the two points ...
Exactly this. Really good performance overrall. Yeah, not happy with the way we went about things in the 2nd half but as a collective and individually they're going to learn so much from that.

The game is about percentages and when you're only 1% off then things go against you.

We dropped the ball mentally and almost paid the price but ...

With our coaching staff I do believe we'll gain so much from this win. Lots of lessons to be learnt