• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ryan is a crap second rower?'

Lulz...

gordon hasnt really had a chance, te maari is ok, and koups has some potential.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
another crocker thread......................

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he would be good to have i suppose, but i dont think greeny wants those types of guys @ our club.

would be like signing bird in 2010.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
ryan is a crap second rower?'

Lulz...

gordon hasnt really had a chance, te maari is ok, and koups has some potential.
ryan has not been good for last couple years!!
grodon has done **** all at souths
te maari is ok
koops has some potentail
well my dear friend you dont when comps with players that are ok and have some potential..
before you praise players like te maari and koups they droped like 7/10 balls passed to them last year!
basic skill in footy catch and pass they couldnt even do that!

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
So release two centers and a 5/8 for a second rower? And when injury strikes our centers/ 5/8s do what?
what i meant was cuz is that ide prefer to have Crocker at the club than those 3 stooges who do nothing anyway.

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ryan has not been good for last couple years!!
grodon has done **** all at souths
te maari is ok
koops has some potentail
well my dear friend you dont when comps with players that are ok and have some potential..
before you praise players like te maari and koups they droped like 7/10 balls passed to them last year!
basic skill in footy catch and pass they couldnt even do that!
Altough you cant spell properly, i have to say that i agree with you.
Koups was terrible last year btw.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wasn't Crocker the same person who knocked Phelps out and shattered his jaw a year odd back with a high shot?

He's always seemed like a bit of a thug (something the Bulldogs no longer need).

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
That was Michael Crockett Mr Invisible. The Warriors player.

I'm glad that Greenberg and Moore have decided on a no d1ckhead policy (see it is possible to be objective) but the problem is, it means you have to stick to that line of thinking. If you suddenly decide to take someone with a bad rep, you look foolish. Crocker doesn't have a recent bad past so I wouldn't put him in that category but he is known for being a tad dirty.

I just find it interesting because it rules out a lot of quality players these days. Say we wanted Thurston back like heaps of people have said on here. He's not exactly a model citizen so to sign him would make a mockery of the policy. IMO they shouldn't have been public about it and let the recruits speak for themselves.

I have said we've bought enough new players but was thinking that with Hickey missing at least half the season, is Ray Cashmere under contract? I remember late last year hearing that The Cowboys wanted to offload him. He'd be a great buy IMO.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
"...I have said we've bought enough new players but was thinking that with Hickey missing at least half the season, is Ray Cashmere under contract? I remember late last year hearing that The Cowboys wanted to offload him. He'd be a great buy IMO."

Gone to English super league...

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I think Crocker is a fine player who has an unfortunate tendency to play over the top at times and is almost guaranteed to spend some time on suspension. I haven't heard that he is one of the "bling" brigade but he was let go by the Roosters and I don't really remember why but I have a feeling there were some character issues there.

My real problem is that we already have Koups, Ryan, Te Maari, Harrison, Gordon etc and the thing is: who gets cut loose?

thedoctor81

Waterboy
Reaction score
Crocker was let go by the Roosters for sleeping with Chris Flannery's missus, and also as they were signing Braith Anasta he was against playing with Crocker because of what Crocker allegedly said to Anasta about his then girlfriend, the town bike Candice Falzon, during a game... Something along the lines of her having been ridden by more footy players than the Origin Team Bus, but with much more colourful language.

bulldog_matt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
on last years efforts .... KOUPS.
koups came into the side part way through the season after injury, so he was behind the 8 ball and struggled for fitness. hopefully with a decent offseason under his belt he can have a better season this yr.
id get rid of te maari. he is a st george reject, who gets into trouble off the field. he pushes passes and constantly looses or drops the ball at the worst times. he falls off tackles and dosent have enough size, so he gets pushed back by defenders when he's doin hit ups

bulldog_matt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Crocker was let go by the Roosters for sleeping with Chris Flannery's missus, and also as they were signing Braith Anasta he was against playing with Crocker because of what Crocker allegedly said to Anasta about his then girlfriend, the town bike Candice Falzon, during a game... Something along the lines of her having been ridden by more footy players than the Origin Team Bus, but with much more colourful language.
turns out he was right ay?

thedoctor81

Waterboy
Reaction score
Well and truly... That girl would root Gavin Miller if he was still running round in first grade...

ajcutler

Waterboy
Reaction score
Crocker was successsful with the best clubs but he only intimidated small guys by memory, i don't remember him belting some one big just chasing the little guys, we need genuine tough guys, i remember him play hooker off the bench for Australia, when did he ever play hooker but for Australia, sounded like a beetson hand in there, don't wont someone like that. I think we should keep the money and put it into keeping our own forwards, and the stuff he dose on and off the field no one needs in the sport.

C

chipandchase

Anyone that says that we do not need Crocker has no idea, he brings winning culture to the team, he knows how to win, something we dont at the moment.
he is the tuff uncompromising forward we need in our pack, if we had crocker next year we would be definate top4 candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.