OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

thedoctor81

Waterboy
Reaction score
Our awful second half defense tightened up, Salmon was awful out there when they had the ball. His try was our only points in the 2nd half, if we don't get it we probably lose the game, I wouldn't be downplaying the importance of the try, and the importance of Burton being there to score it. He is a try scoring centre, we saw that at Panfers.
Burton had an assist, a line break assist, and 2 (I think) tries at 6 while it was 13 on 13. Why the hell are people ripping Burton for his performance tonight?!
He’s not been great in a shit side, but I thought he was good first half tonight - his heads up play isolating Kikau on Dom Young a case in point.
we looked worse when he went wider and we had to repeatedly go to Hutchison as a 5th tackle option. He’s not a marquee 5/8 (yet), but fuck me sone people on here will willfully ignore the game to find moments to support their narrative.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the amount of backline injuries this season we’ve looked like geniuses with the utility movement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Listen heathens.....

If you guys aren't all God-fearing believers after this then there is no hope for you.

You have just been shown heaven and hell.

In Heaven, you will get the first 40 mins on replay forever.

In hell, you will get the last 40 mins on replay forever.

REPENT! REPENT NOW!
Hahahah! I love it!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Are ***** really gunna pretend that the ref did not do everything to get the roosters back into it… fkn lucky we had a big enough lead.
I mean the flow of possession with back to back to back 6 agains and penalties. People saying we were lucky we had that 26 pount lead....BUT WE EARNT THAT 26 POINT LEAD.

We wont be the only team to be run down. The roster difference is chalk and cheese. All said and done...we had more points at the end of 80 minutes. Win. 2 points for our mighty club.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was yelling for Burto to kick for territory on the fourth so many times in the second half only for someone to take a 3m hitup and Hutchinson to put up weak 30 meter bomb
Hutcho dummies and run while we have 2 man overlap.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Alot of new players and combinations this year. I was sceptical of taafe at FB but have been enjoying his work and looming around looking for a support play. Would like to how he goes at 7

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking at half-time, I'm going to watch this again but now I'm scared....might watch the first half only...

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know people dont want to say it but we missed Burtons kicks in the 2nd half.

I was questioning Burton at Five-Eighth as well but he played his best first half ever.
If he can play like that from now on ill be happy.

I reckon the ol boys (Anasta) had a word to him this week and it brought his running game back.
We just need a controlling seven...
Best game in a dogs jersey at 5/8 tonight I hope it’s finally clicked what he needs to do .

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, but we were pathetic at the same time you can't win a premiership by letting a team off the hook so easily.
If you told before the game we win by 4 with Burton scoring 3 tries you take it every day of the week. We won scoring 5 tries. We won by unsettling them. We done the job early. I don’t care how we win NRL games as long as we win them by whatever tactics we use. It’s all about winning NRL games everything and anything else is just fancy decorations on a cake.