Search results

1. xanderalexander

Match Report

The lead changed seven times in this engaging encounter, with the win cementing the South Sydney Rabbitohs place in the top eight following their win over the Canterbury Bulldogs. Late withdrawals were always going to be an issue in the first round match after a gruelling State of Origin...
  2. xanderalexander

Head Coach - What's the Technical Requirement?

Is there a requirement for us to install a head coach as a NRL-mandated technicality? Surely Potter could continue to be 'interim' for 2023 as well if it's in the interests of securing the right coach, as opposed to the 'available now' coach. Yes, Barrett quit in 2022. Does that mean we need...
  3. xanderalexander

Old Habits Die Hard

While I'm thrilled about the last two rounds, there is one aspect of the game that desperately needs cleaning up. I'm a big fan of listening to Cooper Cronk analyse games and he makes a point that is has lately been repeated by the likes of Greg Alexander, Andrew Voss, Andrew Johns, Warren...
  4. xanderalexander

Match Report - Dogs vs Tigers

Hey peeps I wrote this match report. Please give us a click and a read? https://www.nrlnews.com/2022/06/19/canterbury-bulldogs-record-back-to-back-wins-for-the-first-time-since-2019-with-victory-over-the-wests-tigers/ Go doggies!
  5. xanderalexander

Cool Your Jets

The Bulldogs need a coach for 2023 and beyond. A few thoughts: 1. I was a big advocate about Potter being interim coach, and while there has been noticeable improvement, I’m not jumping the gun and asking for him to be installed after one win. Parramatta were dreadful, as good as we were. 2...
  6. xanderalexander

ZDC Preparing to Play Hooker

Zach Dockar-Clay had an extended run at hooker during training yesterday, lending rise to the possibility that the coach realises it’s an area ripe for immediate change. This is good news for people like me who believe that JMK is JNK.
  7. xanderalexander

Here's the thing about 2024

Gus has come out and said that we only have a few players contracted in 2024. Now, I'm a big fan of Gus and have absolute faith that he will steer our club back on track. But I've got some issues with that comment. 1. It's essentially a subtle message to those whose contracts expire at the end...
  8. xanderalexander

Some Perspective

A wise kenneler (I’m sorry but I cannot remember who, nor find the thread) said this the other day: “I love the club, but I hate the current team” This comment resonated so hard with me, even though I wouldn’t go as far as to say ‘hate’. My love for the Bulldogs can be compared to my love for...
  9. xanderalexander

An article worth sharing

This is well worth the 5 minute read. It touches on why our forwards are ineffective and how our halves get terrible ball: https://www.theroar.com.au/2022/05/10/is-this-the-most-important-stat-for-an-nrl-attack/
  10. xanderalexander

Addo Carr to fullback

JAC to fullback. Pros * he needs his hands on the ball more * he needs some broken defensive lines * he needs to bark at our own defensive line * he is fitter than Dufty * he is defensively better than Dufty * he must replace Jackson Cons * he isn’t exactly a ball player 1. JAC 2...
  11. xanderalexander

Player Ratings vs Canberra

1. Dufty - average in defence, showed glimpses in attack but also threw a terrible pass that was intercepted - 5/10 2. Naden - worst game I’ve ever seen him play. Couldn’t believe he only made 4 errors when I checked. Turned a seven tackle set into a line dropout. Must spend minimum 2 weeks in...
  12. xanderalexander

What did Lewis really do…?

After saying for a long time that Jackson is past it, and then listening to Johns and Fittler talking about how the Dogs are lacking a Murray/Yeo style 13, my mind drifts to Lewis. If he had bulked up a bit, he had the ball playing and defensive game to be a solid 13. As everyone knows, he got...
  13. xanderalexander

We didn’t actually make any big signings

A common theme among our fans is that there should be a massive improvement based on the signings for this year. But I disagree. We didn’t actually sign anyone of note. JAC is only decent on the back of Storm attack. He doesn’t make good kick return metres, nor does he contest bombs. His...
  14. xanderalexander

Things are becoming clearer

A few musings… 1. Josh Jackson said in the post-match presser yesterday that their attack is suffering in the attacking zone because they’re ‘trying to score off every play instead of building the sets’. I’m sorry, but this is my biggest criticism and Jackson is the worst offender. The Storm...
  15. xanderalexander

Okunbor Must Go

He’s hopeless. That’s it. That’s the thread.
  16. xanderalexander

Six Again

A lot has been spoken about the lop-sided six agains going against us. Regardless of agendas of ref favouritism, there is one thing I’ve noticed about this rule: the call for a set restart (and the subsequent bell-ring and ‘10m/ruck infringement’ announcement happen so quickly that nobody has...
  17. xanderalexander

+ and - from the Panthers game

Dogs made me proud with their grit and effort, mostly. But there is no attack at all. Here are all of the main positives and negatives from today’s game. See if you can spot the recurring names. 2nd minute - Hetherington ruck infringement 2nd minute - Hetherington high tackle 3rd minute -...
  18. xanderalexander

Dogs vs Raiders: set by set

Set by set, highlights and lowlights Set 1 - completed set, kick taken on full 20m out Set 2 - completed set, kick taken on full 20m out Set 3 - completed set, attacking bomb earns goal line dropout Set 4 - completed set, attacking bomb forces Raiders knock on 1m out Set 5 - Elliot has...