Search results

1. S

Contracted Bulldogs players from Keebra v westfields

Averillo, snowball, saldinieri all play for moorebank in the local comp. Dillon also plays for them and has them for pace easily, in the the grand final a couple of weeks ago, he destroyed leichhardt and put averillo over for 2 untouched tries, on the back of 2 blistering breaks, when the game...
  2. S

2017 SG Ball

Ive said it time and time again, it starts with quality coaches that actually know what they are watching. Not coaches that go to four hundred coaching clinics with the bulldogs and crawl there way up the ladder by being yes men, and being in the ear of patmore and macdonald, previously whitney...
  3. S

first time im happy after a game in a long time!!!

Mbye what are you doing son, run the football mate, regardless of what the structure is, how des want's to play, what spots on the field you have to get to on certain tackles etc.... your out of form son, push blokes out of the way and play direct and take blokes on, because your bagged every...
  4. S

Willis Meehan - gun Roosters player playing in RMC.

Seen him run around in ISP last year, real handfull with the ball but only lasts 10 min and walks around in defence, id say he hasn't trained seriously fitness wise and conditioning for league for a while, probably like kamire, unfortunately just got fatter and lazier as he's got older, a real...
  5. S

2017 SG Ball

Your right diddly, 6 was good for wests, burned our defence early with a show and go, and did it again in the second half. I think he was off the field for a while with an injury but was a handfull for our guy's. Good speed, something we don't have in the halves.
  6. S

2017 SG Ball

Was at matts and ball against wests, to be honest the standard of football in the matts game was terrible. Wests looked like they had never played together before and we were ordinary ourselves. 13 went well for us, the captain in matts is very slow for a centre and the full back, picken who i...
  7. S

Dale Finucane becomes NRL’s most wanted man!

Actually some good points oatley dog, but will disagree on eastwood, he has a hell of a lot of lazy efforts in his game and in my opinion has had them for a while but when your winning they are glossed over.
  8. S

Dale Finucane becomes NRL’s most wanted man!

Dale has a mistake in him ,no doubt, a dropped ball, a poor pass out the back, but gee he does a hell of a lot of the ball, he runs great lines when he is the decoy, and runs them properly not a half paced im tired ill go through the motions decoy, he has a role and he does it, he's a...
  9. S

2017 SG Ball

Pasina was dominated against penrith so very interesting to see him in the side, wilkinson was knocked out against cronulla in there trial and may have had to sit this one out. Winterstein has been quite good with the ball but extremely lazy with one hand attempts on the edge in defence. Was a...
  10. S

a player you wish was still playing with us

Henry Raymond, used to see him leaning on his bankstown council shovel in sefton all the time, with no shirt on even in the middle of winter, what a legend.
  11. S

Bulldogs sign Andy Saunders

Didnt do much in ISP last year, like to parade around like a hard man, like he's got boils under his arms, another luke page possibly?
  12. S

Springbok legend Joost van de Westhuizen knocked back $1m to replace Terry Lamb at Bulldogs

Its horendous motor neurone, brings back memories of scott gale and what it did to him, RIP boy's.
  13. S

2017 SG Ball

Good observation Jamma01, i was told basically the same thing, wakeham was dogs best and dillon looked dangerous when he had the ball. Apparently 6 or 7 kids didnt play who will be in the starting side come round 1. I didnt realise, but big effort by some of these younger kids, dillon im told...
  14. S

2018 fullback for bulldogs

Your correct, he is a running fullback, with an ability to either change direction at pace or come to a stop from a full sprint, this is his biggest weapon. Sat behind the post when they played penrith at homebush last year, very smart on the sweep play, they gave it to him early, moses didn't...
  15. S

2017 Jnr Summer squads Announced

Yeah he played the last quarter of the sg ball trial, along with a fullback who has been training with 20's and hetherington who has been training with 20's. To be honest the 3 of them didn't do anything special, we were beaten in the last quarter pretty easily by parra. We won the 2 quarters...
  16. S

Good to see some of our juniors go around on Friday night (under 20's), and Harold Matts and SG Ball on Saturday. We won't have have to worry about the fullback position in years to come, Kurt Picken went very well in Harold Matts and Logen Dillon saved about 4 or 5 tries in Sg Ball Trial...
  17. S

Good to see the younger boy's have a run with the first grade, and good to see some local kids getting a go. Jake Averillo (pictured next too dymock holding the ball)-Bankstown sports, Tommy Talau - Moorebank rams, Thomas Ratu - St johns lakemba and the pale kid is Logen Dillon - Bankstown...
  18. S

Tolman extends contract. Yes 4th tackle!

We desperately need some hard decisions to be made in terms of what money we outlay for what players. At 28, and around $320 000 and that's a conservative estimate, im hearing it was 420,000 that he was asking, you could get 10 blokes to do his job on half the money. Im sick of hearing the...
  19. S

Tolman extends contract. Yes 4th tackle!

Does this signing suggest that if your a young front rower either don't come to the club, or leave the club if your already in the system because you won't be getting a look in, or does it suggest that we may be looking to offload graham? Surely you wouldn't be keeping both Tolman and Graham? I...
  20. S

Pre Season WEEK 1 Photos

So true gazza, many moons ago i worked at rothmans in ferndell st, Sefton, a lot of first graders were employed there, Lamb, Graeme Hughes....etc Billy would would train flat out at lunchtime, he would go for a 5km run and come back and box for 40 mins everyday, it didn't matter if he had...
  21. S

Castle in Trouble ?

He is a very unusual type of character, played for chester hill hornets in the juniors, and was not liked by everyone even as a 15 year old, as a matter of fact i have heard a former team mate describe him as a " weird ..nt".
  22. S

Toughest Ever Player in Rugby League History

Les Davidson, the night he dropped stevens, brad mackay and wayne collins at shark park, with 3 clean punches, just magical it was, back in the day's if you wanted to carry on like a tough man, there were plenty who wanted to take you on. Actually saw davo at a junior rep game a few years back...
  23. S

pretty disapointed to see sironen sign with the eagles!!

He has been extremely over rated for a long time even as a kid. I see a lot of junior footy, and his number one problem was his non involvement in games. Unfortunately nobody has got on his back about this over the years and has let him coast, and handed him a top grade start when wests had 3 or...
  24. S

Next door neighbour told me one of our juniors Logen Dillon is playing in under 20's national oztag titles this week in coffs harbour, good achievment for a 15 year old. Good Luck young man, lets hope the flare and ability with the ball that he has, he can show for us in years to come.
  25. S

Parramatta sign 18 year old Blaise Barnes

Ive seen dargan play a few times, i think he's ordinary. Where do you think kyle Schneider will end up? i know they use him at at 9 and in the halves occasionally, what's your take on him, as a couple of people have pumped up his tyres to me.
  26. S

Players Worth Considering for 2017

Look good luck to Elliott, but not up to it. I remember seeing him in a under 20's game a few years ago against cronulla at homebush, and he had wraps on him then, his contact in defence was very poor a product of the catch and hold, third man in system, except he was forced back at impact on...
  27. S

This Week's RLW Graham, Hasler and Coffs and a 1984 Team Poster

Is that the year billy jonston was ahead on points for the australian title, and headbutted roberts, when they fought at belmore? and folks standing there on the end,you wouldn't come across two tougher bastards and robbo at the end of his career with no beard, feel like pulling out the...
  28. S

Tyrone Taukamo

He's not alone italiangreyhound, plenty of the bigger kids who star at 13,14,15 come back quickly when other kids who are late to physically develop, are not so easy to run over the top off anymore. It also doesn't help them when, they are 14 playing in under 12's and 18 playing in harold matts...
  29. S

Mark Hughes Open To Offers From Dogs

Mark has one advantage over many other recruitment guy's, his brother Gary, who in his own right was and probably still is a gun judge when it comes to junior talent and where they should be at in there development according to age. Also Mark never buy's a kid of video or hearsay, will always...
  30. S

Personal call from Raelene Castle

The thing with the juniors is this, by the start of off season training you should have your squad down pat. If your job is to recruit kids you should be watching them from say 11 or 12, so you are in front when it comes to the rep ages, and you know year after year what's coming through etc...
  31. S

Losing our DNA

You Got to remember our junior league is one of the smallest around 4 sides we had to pick from in harold matts last year and they came 4th. Compare this to penrith, parramatta, illawarra, newcastle who all have much more to pick from and purchased players from outside the area to go with it...
  32. S

Losing our DNA

Holbrook an old Milperra Colts and St Christophers boy, home of the the Hughes clan (corey, steve, glen and Gary), and Sherwin Bros. You couldn't get more canterbury,Really Nice bloke actually, interesting to see if they go in this direction?
  33. S

Graham to be sacked as captain for 2017.

After a while the herculian pre game rev up talks get stale, its like having a coach that say's go out and smash em every week , it might work for a couple of weeks until the smarter player's catch on that there's not much behind the huff and puff. I actually think Graham is better if he...
  34. S

Brandon Wakeham

Thanks Mr Invisible, but i think your going to have to be in the know, or part of the mutual admiration society to get on the payroll and im an old man now, a dinosaur so to speak, from the day's when a face ball was a cut out pass, when halfs would play what they see and when first man of the...
  35. S

Bulldogs advertising for a Recruitment Manager

Yeah i can't say i know those people i mentioned personally, except Anthony Elias who played for us and western suburbs in the lower grades, back in the 80's. Mark Hughes i do know and his brother Gary who i believe is sadly missed by this club when it comes to identifying and nurturing junior...
  36. S

Bulldogs advertising for a Recruitment Manager

Mark Hughes was employed by penrith recently to sign kids, not sure if still working for the panthers or not. Saw him at the Aboriginal Knockout talking to various kids so i assume so. Will be interesting if they go for a local such as Brad Morrin, Brent Sherwin, Charbel Khoury, Willie Talau or...
  37. S

Brandon Wakeham

There is nothing wrong with this kids aggression, he is a winner and he is old school. He expects his team mates to perform and when they don't, he lets them know in no uncertain terms. He is going good in his age groups, like many other kids time will tell, ive seen many a kid be a star at...
  38. S

Brandon Wakeham

Two kids in this article Sean Keppie is contracted to parra. Had a go this year in under 20's was way out of his depth lasted 7 mins before they took him off. Couldn't keep up with the speed of the game. Only a kid may improve, grossly overated in my opinion. The other kid Lindsay Smith he has...
  39. S

Brandon Wakeham

Has a very good kicking game, isn't very quick, but has a heap of ..nt in him, and can tackle, at least against his own age groups. Actually his long kicking game is exceptional, kicked a lot of 40/20's in the juniors.
  40. S

Sign Sam Willian's

Saw Williams play last week for mounties at leichhardt, he is an average half. But one thing i will say, is i saw at least 4 props that could do a better job than Tolman and Browne have done, for nowhere near the money they are or were on.
  41. S

Dean Pay

I noticed Brent Sherwin, Willie Talau and Brad Morrin have all got something to do with our junior coaching, not sure what exactly but maybe that's the way we will be going in the future?
  42. S

Des fronting the board.

It will be very interesting to see what happens/changes occur from intrust cup down. With cleal gone are they going in a complete new direction and will patmore survive and whitney? With very limited juniors ( i think only 3 teams in under 16's sccc this year), and out of those 50 players...
  43. S

Do our younger players deserve a crack at firstgrade?

Don't know how true this is, but i was told all junior rep coaches are given a folder on how to play, (written by des) and anyone who has initiative or a different take on things is either rissoled or doesn't want the job.. So if this is the case, how can you blame the kids if they are not...
  44. S

Dogs sign boom Riverina forward Zac Saddler

Just having a look at this kid, looks like he playing against men in the country, and at 16 or 17 that's a good grounding. Hopefully he is tough and dirty and hard, cause we need it in the forwards, im sick of graham the poser and guy's that are busted after 10 mins, or are so called interchange...
  45. S

SOS - the bubbler Todd Carney

Carney does less than mbye and reynolds put together, and tackles about as good as that wonderful souths cripple from yesteryear Eion Crossan.
  46. S

Has anybody got any info on young half Brandon Wakeham, played well in SG ball this year, is he training with 20's or looking like getting a start in 20's next year?
  47. S

Don't know much about saddler, but is supposedly really promising, the other kid on mapsports site, logen dillon he is the harold matts fullback from last year, seen him play blinding speed and footwork, im pretty sure parra are or were chasing him.
  48. S

Josh Jackson wins Brad Fittler Medal 2016

Josh Jackson is old school canterbury. No brash statements, doesn't rubbish team mates or staff, trains extremely hard (on his own), as well as with the team , and leads by his performance week in week out. And most importantly he is HUMBLE. He should be our captain.
  49. S

NRL 360 on the Dogs

What was highly noticeable was our lack of any pace in the forwards. We were slow in everything we did. And im over the carry on before games by graham, trying to rev up the side, team mates are not responding. And when you get a quick game, Kasiano, eastwood, browne are limited because they...
  50. S

Dogs sign half - Josh Cleeland

Its unfortunate but that's how these guy's are taught. Its all catch and hold stuff and junior coaches watch first grade and are protecting kids from being in the front line and learning the art of hard first up contact. Little men are always gunna be at a disadvantage, but if your exposed to it...
  51. S

Last year Cronulla bought Todd Murphy. I seen him play twice last year and he missed conservatively 12 tackles (one on one) in those two games. Now all the garbage reports week in week out about he is a real spark with the ball, short kicking game, good talker etc...... About a month out from...
  52. S

Lower Grade Player Discussion

I hope the kid goes well, looks like he has some speed. If he is running sub 11 sec for 100, that is flying for a league/union player. That fullback we have in the juniors is lightning too, so maybe some of these kids can go through the grades and get to the top for us. Good luck young fella.
  53. S

The guy just cant tackle, so it will be interesting to see if the brains trust will overlook that fact and give him a go in first grade. My thoughts are he might play in the nines next year, a couple of trials and then sit in reserve grade until someone gets injured.
  54. S

Cleeland is another Todd Murphy, loves to run the ball, but just can not tackle. Places enormous pressure on blokes around him in defence. As soon as you can spot him up, its try time. He has a massive habit of sprinting out of the line because he has no confidence in his ability to tackle, he...
  55. S

Lower Grade Player Discussion

Im not sure if we had any kids on contract playing for auburn against guildford last weekend, but i hope not because the standard is garbage in sydney shield. I also saw jake kamire running around for Auburn in Ron Massey, what a shame, he showed a lot of promise as a kid, looks like he...
  56. S

Jayden okunbor

You wouldnt say he is anything special on what's been produced so far. Canterbury Bankstown Express has a good article on a kid from our juniors, and ive seen this kid go around a few times, dynamite speed and footwork. Needs improvement on his defence, but a real good ball runner.
  57. S

Round 23 - Dogs vs Manly - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Will Kerr just needs at a bit of time. Lets hope the powers that be don't ruin his confidence and start playing him hooker, half, five eighth, interchange etc... Only thing that holds him back a bit is his size, similar to One of the brailey's at cronulla, and the young hooker at Newcastle in...
  58. S

Cleeland is nowhere near reynolds, and im not a reynolds fan, i was talking to a newtown official when they played us earlier this year on a friday night at belmore, cleeland had options to play QLD CUP, with numerous intrust sides this year, but had no offer from cowboys, titans or broncos...
  59. S

Ill be very surprised if Cleeland see's any first grade. Ive seen Newtown play 4 times this year, and he just can not tackle, its ok running the ball and kicking,but when you continually sprint out of the line and tackle air, and on the odd occasion you get your body in front and get run over...
  60. S

Noel Cleal

What happens is they go to all the school carnivals, and they try to sign the biggest fastest kids in their age group. Problem is when everybody catches up around 18-19 years old, these kids come back to the field dramatically and all of a sudden we have wasted 3 years of time ,which is not much...
  61. S

Sam Perrett

It could be time for Sam, Lloyd, Hoppa and a few of the other Bros to get the guitar out and get a bit of "koombaya my lord" going. And Lichha, never mind his poor passing game, what about his diabolical first up contact. He really is blessed this bloke, what a very ordinary footballer.
  62. S

Bulldogs snare Brenko Lee

Im pretty sure Ricky Stuart and Kimmorley had a war of words over the intenstinal fortitude of Lee. Kimmorley rated him highly and i think Stuart thought he had no ticker.
  63. S

TOUCHING MOMENT PROVES KLEMMER’S NOT ALL THUG

I remember the day's baa would be down at abbott park (now terry lamb complex), with robbo and robbo would be sinking a few and all the kids would be talking to them, and baa and robbo would carry the meat tray around and sell tickets, and this was several times a year, not once or twice...
  64. S

Fine

Fine is has a bright future. Certainly he is a much better prospect than lovell and sironen but politics at wests, they just wouldn't promote him to the top grade.
  65. S

Dogs Give Lloyd Perrett The Cold Shoulder

I heard he couldn't hit the right notes when they were all holding hands and singing "koombaya my lord" at the start of the year, so they have penned him.
  66. S

Do we have any up and coming stars?

I see a lot of junior reps and the local comp from ages 14's-18's, and maybe 2 -3 players may go on and play top grade down the track. The 3 backs that i notice have ability are Brandon Wakeham, good passing game, played sg ball a year younger and is very solid defensively for a half, which is...
  67. S

Terrible use of the bench

Who have we got on the way up in terms of rotation props? Tim Browne has had his time, perret is a reserve grade star and thats it, Elliot is blessed cause he is possibly the worst player ive seen get a first grade start since eion crossan for souths, Fualo im not sure probably haven't seen...
  68. S

Who's That Kid?: Marcelo Montoya

He has alway's had plenty of pace, it was the occasional mis read in defence that let him down, but he has ability. Somebody told me last tuesday night that the matts fullback Logen Dillon has run 11 sec dead for a hundred and he is 15. So maybe in years to come we will have some speed in our...
  69. S

RFM

Ive seen a lot of Elliott, even as a kid, and he is a very ordinary footballer. Somebody at canterbury has been in his corner for a long time , but you get found out in the top grade if your not up to it. When they go through their full time contracted players, he should be the first rissoled...
  70. S

Sam Perrett - Sundays

Get used to it, a few years ago parramatta juniors identified that most of there demographic was of polynesian background and decided to change certain age groups from Sunday's to Saturdays as many teams were forfeiting on Sunday's, as kids were not turning up as they had to go to "church". Club...
  71. S

Blast from the past

Dead Right Dogs once had gun juniors, i played for De La Salle in the 80's, and Bankstown Sports had i think 10 blokes that went straight to under 23/s out of D grade. Gary Macfarlane - Wests and Balmain First Grade. Geoff Dillon - Wests First Grade. Michael Hagan - Bulldogs First Grade. Kevin...
  72. S

Hurrell for TRex - would you swap?

While we are at it, we should be flicking elliot, this bloke must be a crawler or very good trainer, because there is a reason he was only getting 5 mins hear and there in the top grade, NOT UP TO IT, a complete passenger. Someone must be pushing his case continually, cause he is a very...
  73. S

TACKLE FIVE – DOGS OF WAR TARGET DES

Our recruitment at a junior level is poor. This mantra of going around and buying all the big islander kids, with poor body shapes on $500 junior contracts and hoping 1 in fifty turn out to be ok, is ridiculous. And our junior coaching is ordinary. Giving mates of mates junior coaching positions...