Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm sure I will make a Better recruitment manager then cleal. Give me names if guys you guys want to play for us and I will make them come haha. I'll get them drunk and make them sign a contract while drunk haha.
I'd use the Godfather method and make them an offer they can't refuse.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Short Description This is an exciting opportunity to ensure the Bulldogs secure the talent required for the NRL, NSW Cup and full time training squad in order to meet the Strategic Plan aim of a top 4 finish every year in the NRL.
If this is the job description exactly what application did Noel Cleal fill out????

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What's Mark Hughes doing these days - maybe him and the club can kiss and make up?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
"Pathway Performance Manager"?

Who holds this role currently? That honestly sounds like it's made up!

No wonder we blew the budget out-of-the water...

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
how pathetic this club has become that they have to advertise for a recruitment manager on public domain.

no good recruitment manager from any other NRL club wants to join Bulldogs, hence why they had to advertise.

very Sad.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seeing that club management has been trolling us fans with their generic memo bullshit for quite some time now, why don't we troll them back by all sending in our resumes and applyfor this position !!!!
It's not like we are under qualified , for experience we can all list our qualifications and trades including the likes of plumber, mechanic, chiropractor, teacher , programmer, taxi driver etc etc etc which automatically make us more worthy candidates than that hopelesss fat shit useless fuck predecessor Noel Cleal who completely rooted our junior and lower grade teams .

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
pathway performance manager.....hmmmm sounds like a position was created to marginalise the head coach. especially if this pathways performance manager doesn't report to head coach.

Des we gonna put our own person in to run the show. you can still be the head coach but all other decisions will be his.....

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
pathway performance manager.....hmmmm sounds like a position was created to marginalise the head coach. especially if this pathways performance manager doesn't report to head coach.

Des we gonna put our own person in to run the show. you can still be the head coach but all other decisions will be his.....

embarrasing and humiliating for Des, but the dumb **** is happy to collect his 1 Million dollar salary.

If he has any dignity he should leave straight away.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Judging by the expertise on the kennel they should not need to look to far

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck it
I'll do the job

How hard can it be to travel round Australia watching junior league and spotting the best kids out of the shit Kids

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Des has already put his order in with Raelene..... he will just control drones from his compound and send them out as scouts

Steve Wilson

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mark Hughes was employed by penrith recently to sign kids, not sure if still working for the panthers or not. Saw him at the Aboriginal Knockout talking to various kids so i assume so. Will be interesting if they go for a local such as Brad Morrin, Brent Sherwin, Charbel Khoury, Willie Talau or even move Patmore to that role and bring in a different reserve grade coach.

You would assume they will go with somebody the board knows personally ( A mate of ray dib, anthony elias, arthur khoury etc....).

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What concerned me more was the wording and order of measured success, 'both OFF and on the field', I would have thought ON the field is far more important to a footy team?
No prize for guessing who had a hand in writing that role ad....

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How the fuck could we sack crusher with no contingency plan?

Are they fucking serious?
Because we are a basket case under raelene!
Business side of thing
Basket case football side- under des.

Not renewing membership will hurt the club!!!

We need to be cruel to be kind fellas!
Hurting the club will cause action to those accountable!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mark Hughes was employed by penrith recently to sign kids, not sure if still working for the panthers or not. Saw him at the Aboriginal Knockout talking to various kids so i assume so. Will be interesting if they go for a local such as Brad Morrin, Brent Sherwin, Charbel Khoury, Willie Talau or even move Patmore to that role and bring in a different reserve grade coach.

You would assume they will go with somebody the board knows personally ( A mate of ray dib, anthony elias, arthur khoury etc....).
I do not have any confidence in the people you have just highlighted thank you very much.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck it
I'll do the job

How hard can it be to travel round Australia watching junior league and spotting the best kids out of the shit Kids
Please please find us a proper halfback and a full time Sunday playing fullback.

Steve Wilson

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yeah i can't say i know those people i mentioned personally, except Anthony Elias who played for us and western suburbs in the lower grades, back in the 80's.
Mark Hughes i do know and his brother Gary who i believe is sadly missed by this club when it comes to identifying and nurturing junior talent.

I have my theories as to why junior development has fallen behind: Some reasons include but are not limited to:

Junior rep coaches should have there salary increased, so we attract better candidates not just local coaches who have an interest because they have a son or relative playing in the local area. Im told junior rep coaches are on between 4-8 thousand per season. If we are blowing out our football budget by a million or so, seems strange that we are not paying good money for the best junior development coaches.

We as a club give the rep kids very little. Next door neighbour has a son who played SG ball, he got one training shirt, one pair of shorts, one pair of socks one back pack, one polo shirt, one hoodie etc.... Compare this with Cronulla who got 3 of everything, plus a tracksuit, wind jacket, duffle bag on top of a backpack and a pair of running shoes and boots. I believe manly and parra do the same and its not as if we are broke and it doesn't sound a big deal but to a kid it is.

Manly this year got a dietician to prepare meals for there junior rep kids in the off season. Just another indication of what other clubs are doing for there juniors that we are not.

We give a heap of kids a rep trial every off season....wrong ...wrong.....wrong. We should already have 22 of the 25 players picked in the squad by october with maybe 2-3 bench spots still up for grabs. Not have 40 kid training squads in the off season, absolute incorrect approach, if your junior development manager hasn't got the squad he wants by nov 1st preseason, you are already way behind.

These are just a few things wrong with our junior development, the reason we were strong and competitive was it used to be very hard to get into a junior rep side even harder to get an invite to an open trial, not fill out an application online and turn up and have a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.