Pre Season WEEK 1 Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they all look far too relaxed. In Billy Johnston's days they would be spewing during the first training run. In fact they would be spewing during every training run.

Steve Wilson

Waterboy
Reaction score
So true gazza, many moons ago i worked at rothmans in ferndell st, Sefton, a lot of first graders were employed there, Lamb, Graeme Hughes....etc
Billy would would train flat out at lunchtime, he would go for a 5km run and come back and box for 40 mins everyday, it didn't matter if he had fitness training later that day with the dogs or not.

But i think they do a lot high high intensity speed work now, not so much endurance/stamina etc... probably got something to do with that bullshit interchange and player welfare line, the nrl is always on about, absurd to think a guy can get 250 000+, for playing 8-13 min stints.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So true gazza, many moons ago i worked at rothmans in ferndell st, Sefton, a lot of first graders were employed there, Lamb, Graeme Hughes....etc
Billy would would train flat out at lunchtime, he would go for a 5km run and come back and box for 40 mins everyday, it didn't matter if he had fitness training later that day with the dogs or not.

But i think they do a lot high high intensity speed work now, not so much endurance/stamina etc... probably got something to do with that bullshit interchange and player welfare line, the nrl is always on about, absurd to think a guy can get 250 000+, for playing 8-13 min stints.

Used to live literally just around the corner from there ( Merle Street Chester Hill) and used to see Billy out running every day at around the same time along our street . Always thought it was a big lol; a guy who was so fit and motivated working for a company who peddle cigarettes. Alas Rothmans is long gone from there replaced by factory units.

http://www.cordellconnect.com.au/public/project/ProjectDetails.aspx?uid=100505

http://granvillensw2142.org/Granville_Residents_Action_Network/Our_History.html

GEMMA: Spending the weekends at Granville Pool as a member of the amateur swimming clubs. She’d tie her money in a towel and walk from Guildford Road in the hot summer sun. LINDA also remembered the thrill of diving off the tower at Granville Pool. Granville RSL was also an important community facility where she learned Judo and participate in fun activities for kids like toy making and square dancing. Playing in Duck River squelching in the river bank mud and catching tadpoles was a simple pleasure. She also fondly recalled the “smell of bread” from the Tip Top bakery (now Woolworths) and not so fondly her first job as a 16 year old working at the Rothman’s cigarette factory although she did meet her husband there! Visiting all the neighbours at Christmas time to view presents was also a fond memory.
https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=1eQDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3985,3646334&hl=en

Status
Not open for further replies.