Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In Australia, national and state laws cover equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination in the workplace. You are required by these laws to create a workplace free from discrimination and harassment. You need as an employer to understand your rights and responsibilities under human rights and anti-discrimination law.
It’s unlawful to disadvantage employees and job seekers in any way because of their:

• race
  • colour
  • marital status
  • family or carer’s responsibilities
  • pregnancy
  • religion
  • political opinion
  • national extraction
  • social origin.
Means you can't exclude on any of those grounds.

As Dognacious says the club could weigh up its options and pass on that player (not because of the fact they don't want to play Sundays because of their beliefs) but because the club needs someone who can play on that day. Just have to be very careful how they conduct any negotiations and not give the person any case to say they were discriminated against because of their religion. Of course if both parties are happy with that arrangement there is no problem.
This !
its the simple point i was trying to make here and on social media. why are we making religion contractual ?

Steve Wilson

Waterboy
Reaction score
Get used to it, a few years ago parramatta juniors identified that most of there demographic was of polynesian background and decided to change certain age groups from Sunday's to Saturdays as many teams were forfeiting on Sunday's, as kids were not turning up as they had to go to "church". Club officials raised this issue at PDJRL annual general meeting as junior clubs were being fined every time they forfeited.
PDJRL even wen't as far as to get in polynesian elders in to converse about the issue, and they were bluntly told God First, Family Second and Football Third.

With the bulldogs juniors now being made up of predominatley Polynesian Kids (i don't know, but i would estimate 80%), my nephew's team has 20 registered players 17 polynesian kids, 2 lebanese and 1 caucasion. Im assuming the no play on Sunday's will become much more of an issue in the next 10 to 20 years.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank you Ralene fucking castle for fucking our club over with this Sunday's crap. Thought I wouldn't have so much disrespect for a dogs CEO, but she has done nothing for the interests of the fans.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Maybe the Dogs should now be applying to the NRL for some "Religious" exemption from the salary cap? Money to pay another player who now has to step up and fill the void. We have a top 25 and let's imagine we are decimated by injury and have no-one left from a FB persepective from that 25 to fill the spot etc. Raelene has opened the door to something that should have never been allowed. If nothing else it would be humorous to ask the NRL to see their reaction.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was on Facebook and saw the video re: this topic ,

Sam is such an admiral person , there was nothing sinister in his comment about playing on Sundays , it was a question put to him by a reporter .. He answered it honestly and with respect towards others.

I also read some comments following and thought this was worth posting though;

"Oh sorry coach", I'm a catholic, Oh, & I'm an Anglican coach, Oh, & I'm a Baptist coach, Oh, & BTW coach I'm an Orthodox"... "We cant play on Sundays anymore coach"...

so lets get hypothetical here for a min. If this was to happen, and,
you lose 1/2 the team because of religious reasons, all of a sudden you have no team !
(BTW, ALL players who have religious beliefs should also be entitled to do same as Sam & Hoppa)

Dont you think the players have a responsibility when they sign their contracts?. Yes, your footy career will end one day, and we all should respect a person's beliefs, but hey fellas, in the mean time you have a responsibility to the club & fans & others when you stick your hand up, sign a contract & say you're able to play & take the field as a professional NRL player. ALL you guys know that playing professional NRL involves playing on Sunday's when you sign on the dotted line....

If your religion belief interferes with your contractual responsibility's, then move aside or move on to something else more palatable to your religious time schedules.

The club & fans are not their to suit you and your agenda, but you're their to suit there's ! They pay good money to see their clubs BEST players take the field throughout the 6month NRL season & support the club through thick & thin for the most part. I think that sometimes that philosophy gets lost on some NRL playing individuals !!!!! don't screw the club & fans around because of your personal beliefs.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lollll leviathan living the rainbow that God created ;)
Not sure if it's meant to mean anything else if it is its fraudulent :p

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Sam is such an admiral person , there was nothing sinister in his comment about playing on Sundays , it was a question put to him by a reporter .. He answered it honestly and with respect towards others.

"Oh sorry coach", I'm a catholic, Oh, & I'm an Anglican coach, Oh, & I'm a Baptist coach, Oh, & BTW coach I'm an Orthodox"... "We cant play on Sundays anymore coach"...

you lose 1/2 the team because of religious reasons, all of a sudden you have no team !
(BTW, ALL players who have religious beliefs should also be entitled to do same as Sam & Hoppa)

Dont you think the players have a responsibility when they sign their contracts?. Yes, your footy career will end one day, and we all should respect a person's beliefs, but hey fellas, in the mean time you have a responsibility to the club & fans & others when you stick your hand up, sign a contract & say you're able to play & take the field as a professional NRL player. ALL you guys know that playing professional NRL involves playing on Sunday's when you sign on the dotted line....

If your religion belief interferes with your contractual responsibility's, then move aside or move on to something else more palatable to your religious time schedules.

The club & fans are not their to suit you and your agenda, but you're their to suit there's ! They pay good money to see their clubs BEST players take the field throughout the 6month NRL season & support the club through thick & thin for the most part. I think that sometimes that philosophy gets lost on some NRL playing individuals !!!!! don't screw the club & fans around because of your personal beliefs.
Lmaoooooo love how every religion named was a Christian one haha such evil ***** these Christians for standing up for what they believe even though majority of footy players since the beginning have been of Christian faith and haven't asked for what Hoppa has. Mormonism is closer to other religions than Christianity so I don't get why Christian religions are specifically being named.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe the Dogs should now be applying to the NRL for some "Religious" exemption from the salary cap? Money to pay another player who now has to step up and fill the void. We have a top 25 and let's imagine we are decimated by injury and have no-one left from a FB persepective from that 25 to fill the spot etc. Raelene has opened the door to something that should have never been allowed. If nothing else it would be humorous to ask the NRL to see their reaction.
I like your thinking on this one

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Oh and if those personal beliefs weren't religious ones I can gaurentee everyone (followers of society) would be on bored

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like your thinking on this one
Well does anyone remember the eels asking pets mission a while back to legally breach the salary cap to sign Folau and then the next year will go under the cap?
Dumbest homosapiens to have been evolved

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lollll leviathan living the rainbow that God created ;)
Not sure if it's meant to mean anything else if it is its fraudulent :p
You just seem to be borderline obsessed with gays and trannies. Its pretty funny

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You just seem to be borderline obsessed with gays and trannies. Its pretty funny
Not really lol it's just they're so easy to be proven hypocritical that they're the best examples to use.
I did like the rainbows and I did laugh

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry did t read all the posts anyone see the bit where he talks about his next contract ? He is a funny bastard isn't he ? Please tell me he isn't going around after this contract

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Just sign atheist players,

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
all religious views aside, the problem is we have to cover for 2 positions now that perretts at fullback while hoppa is gone. and if this is the case come the GF, it may be the difference between a bad read resulting in our 3rd loss or having someone there who's been playing the position the whole year and saving an important try.

Bahb

New Pup
Reaction score
Yeah I remember when Hazem would sit out Fridays to attend Juma prayers, and never play through Ramadan... NOT!

Perhaps this one should be in the spotted thread, but context is relevant; I bumped into Hoppa at the Cambridge Hotel in Fairfield last Sunday, for the "unawares" the Cambo is our local pub.... I'm not saying the bloke shouldn't leave his house on Sundays, but a pub? albeit for a feed but fair dinkum..

back on topic - Yes its setting a precedent... we might as well go back to the midweek cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.