Lower Grade Player Discussion

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Might aswell try and bring some life to this sub.

General thread for the lower graders with no specific topic in mind. Rumours, signings, highlight videos and general discussion.

For anyone interested here are 2 highlight vids of Lachlan Lee and Connor Jones from our 20's team.

Like the look of Lachlan Lee, big mobile prop with a late offload and can hit. The try from halfway v the Roosters is special. Not sure of his status next season but looks promising - kind of lanky Shaun Lane type in the middle.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
A few signings for next year in 20's and below that I've come across:

Ofa Finau (Brighton Roosters)
Michael Fahd (Moorebank Rams)
Jordan Martin (Narooma Devils)
Zac Saddler (Leeton Greens)

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A few signings for next year in 20's and below that I've come across:

Ofa Finau (Brighton Roosters)
Michael Fahd (Moorebank Rams)
Jordan Martin (Narooma Devils)
Zac Saddler (Leeton Greens)
Is that the same Jordan Martin form the Rookie show.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not the same kid

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Might aswell try and bring some life to this sub.

General thread for the lower graders with no specific topic in mind. Rumours, signings, highlight videos and general discussion.

For anyone interested here are 2 highlight vids of Lachlan Lee and Connor Jones from our 20's team.

Like the look of Lachlan Lee, big mobile prop with a late offload and can hit. The try from halfway v the Roosters is special. Not sure of his status next season but looks promising - kind of lanky Shaun Lane type in the middle.
Agree on Lachie Lee( Qlder) ; good player who sort of snuck up with little fanfare and has played for ( our feeder) Auburn Warriors in RMC. Spoke to him at Belmore when he was out injured. Nice kid.

Connor Jones ( a Qlder) has of late been playing Sydney Shield for Auburn as a five eighth/hooker. Played earlier this year in U20's , has some pace and from memory can kick goals. Was going okay I thought but got injured and was replaced in the squad by Joey Tramontana.

Interesting looking at the RMC and Sydney Shield as a lot of our boys have taken turns playing there when not selected for U20 duty.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We seem to have had a fair amount of turnover in the 20's.. Kids only getting a game or 2 then never seen or heard of again. Issac Pedro, Chris Cunningham and Jake Gleeson spring to mind.

A lot of mid season signings too, makes you wonder what the recruitment staff did all summer..

Steve Wilson

Waterboy
Reaction score
Im not sure if we had any kids on contract playing for auburn against guildford last weekend, but i hope not because the standard is garbage in sydney shield. I also saw jake kamire running around for Auburn in Ron Massey, what a shame, he showed a lot of promise as a kid, looks like he swallowed a cow, walks everywhere, had one hit up in 40 mins, did 2 flop tackles, it makes you wonder what happened.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im not sure if we had any kids on contract playing for auburn against guildford last weekend, but i hope not because the standard is garbage in sydney shield. I also saw jake kamire running around for Auburn in Ron Massey, what a shame, he showed a lot of promise as a kid, looks like he swallowed a cow, walks everywhere, had one hit up in 40 mins, did 2 flop tackles, it makes you wonder what happened.

Quite a few of the boys from the U20's have had duty in RMC and Sydney Shield where on occasion they have been playing alongside Matt Utai and Heka Nanai ( yes they are still playing!).

Of ones I have seen in U20 this year;

RMC ; Jack Gibbons

S/S; Jake Gleeson, Chris Cunningham, Connor Jones, Misinale Peni, Kane Kalache, Zac Greene, Avia Minute, Jerry Leasi, Jason Finau, Jack Gibbons, Jye Challenor

A couple have left the club during the season possibly because they did not get a run: Ali Allouche , Jye Challenor.

We seem to have a fair turnover of players from the 20's as they move on due to lack of chances, age

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
20s will have high turnover as many are development players who don't turn out.

Also with a crap start to this season, mass changes were always going to happen.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Left field:

Latrell Mitchell's fat brother who he played 20's with for the Roosters was in our Harold Matts side a few years ago.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/Sportsservicesaustralia/posts/559595884227984:0

CANTERBURY are one of the hottest rugby league teams in Australia, and Daisy Hill teenager Tigris Polata has been invited to play with them next year.

Dynamic fullback Tigris Polata, 17, will give the Morris twins, Brett and Josh, a run as the fastest player at NRL club Canterbury when he joins the Bulldogs’ under-20s side next year.

“I once got timed at 10.72 for the 100m with no blocks,” he said. “I’m a winger or fullback and my strength is definitely my speed. “I’ll head down there on November 4 for pre-season, then I’ll come back to school to graduate and then I’ll head back to Sydney.”

With a rugby union background and having not played league before, Tigris admitted there were nerves. “I’m with an agent who has some good rugby league contacts and got signed from there,” he said. “I’m just looking to go down there and establish myself and learn some new skills. “I’m keen to see my skill set in a different code.” His progress continues Logan’s proud rugby league tradition.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Great name haha. Most of our signings are posted on sports management social media accounts. Club does nothing.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great name haha. Most of our signings are posted on sports management social media accounts. Club does nothing.
That name just rolls of the end of the tongue. Rabs would have a field day with it.

They just love to treat us like mushrooms......

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder.... if he's signed with us, does that mean someones moving up a grade next year?

(Abbey/Montoya/Smith/Bergamin)??

17 and being put into NYC suggests he definitely has some talent.

Steve Wilson

Waterboy
Reaction score
I hope the kid goes well, looks like he has some speed. If he is running sub 11 sec for 100, that is flying for a league/union player. That fullback we have in the juniors is lightning too, so maybe some of these kids can go through the grades and get to the top for us. Good luck young fella.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
am i seeing things or have we signed someone who can actually run

Royy

Previously roy18
Reaction score
Zac Saddler will be one to look out for in the 20's next year. He's a 17 year old 2nd rower from the Riverina. Very talented young player from what I've heard.

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
apparently we signed zac woolford from canberra 20s for 2017 on wards?? should be a good handy pick up. has some potential.