Search results

1. U

World club series 2016

Yeah I'm a saints fan,not saw the interview yet, I've only just got in from the game,I assume he said he's proud of the team and how the scoreline didn't reflect the game, pretty much what most coaches say when they're getting hammered, personally I think he's out of his depth,he's been a legend...
  2. U

World club series 2016

Amor picked his game up in the 2nd half,can we have jammer back please
  3. U

World club series 2016

Saints are shite, we look better than last week, but to many players don't look interested, besides walmsley our pack is awful
  4. U

England v NZ Coverage

England nearly blew it for themselves, in the past perenara has refereed games and give nothing to England, should be neutral ref in the game and a ref from both nations on the video
  5. U

England v NZ Coverage

I didn't say he wasn't biased, I think he's had a good game with very few mistakes, I said I thought he'd improved this year, he does like a quick play the ball, it shown in the first half in dry conditions, he's allowed it to be slowed in the second because the rain is torrential and players...
  6. U

England v NZ Coverage

This ref has really improved this year,he doesn't stand for lying around at the play the ball, he prefers a quick game
  7. U

World All Stars to take on Indigenous All Stars

Sean oloughlin has already said he probably won't be playing in this match, super league season kicks off first weekend in February, plus trial games starting in December /January for most players, same goes for French players,it seems like a good idea just not enough time to do it as they suggest
  8. U

England v NZ Coverage

When he started running hard and not trying to pass he looked really good
  9. U

Ben Pomeroy sent off two weeks in a row

6 match ban,he'll be gone for the year
  10. U

Ben Pomeroy sent off two weeks in a row

He's got a grade E charge,upto 8 game ban
  11. U

Super League > daylight > NRL

The promoting isn't that big in rugby union, football is massive so obviously more products promoted but still not as in your face as other sports
  12. U

I suppose it's what your used to,I think nrl commentary is brilliant, it's like a breath of fresh air when I'm watching the games,referees are poor all over the world though It wouldn't surprise me if nrl did a magic weekend but do it as super league have done,take it away from the heartland...
  13. U

James graham loves connecting with fans,I saw him round Cardiff after a magic weekend there,in the close season he came back to his junior club to meet the kids,he was genuinely gutted when he had to leave without being able to talk at length to everybody
  14. U

Everything you've said about the game over here in the uk,super league fans would disagree, Eddie and stevo commentating annoy people, Barry mcdermot and Terry O'connor are excellent though, we think our refs are awful and calls baffle people,this magic weekend is a great concept though, I'm...
  15. U

How/Why did you become a dogs fan?

Back in the 80s here in the uk,we used to get videos of arl games,whenever my dad got a new one a always skipped ahead to the dogs,I loved the style of play, the aggression, so I've followed the dogs ever since, at St Helens we've had quite a few old dogs players through the years,now thanks to...
  16. U

Would you be happy if the Dogs tried to sign Todd Carney?

He didn't actually play in that game,and Catalan got beat,,back to topic,I believe he's got a lot of clauses in his contract with Catalan,and they've had to pay a good behaviour bond to the rfl,he seems to have calmed down since he came to Europe and is loving it in the south of France,it's not...
  17. U

World Club Challenge

It's freezing,only real highlight was my son was a mascot tonight
  18. U

World Club Challenge

it's not that it's geared towards super league,but nrl teams don't want to host the games due to cost involved,saints wigan and warrington have had to pay around a hundred and fifty thousand pounds each to fly out the nrl teams,I would love to see saints play the dogs in Australia,to see the...
  19. U

World Club Challenge

In super league they would have been given as a try,I'm a saints fan,I know we are behind,but I don't think we are doing to badly,our forwards are competing,just the general speed and skill of south's is killing us,we still have a young team that will benefit from playing in these games,I know a...
  20. U

World Club Challenge

I really hope so,weather temperature is around the freezing mark and due to get colder
  21. U

World Club Challenge

Not sure how tonight game is going to go,saints pitch was perfect a couple of days ago when I was there,but all today it's been snowing pretty heavy
  22. U

World Club Challenge

In the international games super league refs always look good,if this was a super league match we would have had 10 penalties by now,they seem to let it flow when the games in the spotlight
  23. U

Gareth Hock not going to Eels

He deserves six games,both times with the knee,right in front of the referee,he was lucky to only get ten minutes,he should have been banned the week before for a dangerous tackle against warrington,I think pretty soon his career will be over,koukash will get sick of him getting banned all the...
  24. U

Koukash in bid to introduce English team into NRL Read more: http://www.zerotackle.c

Up to the second world war rugby league was massive in Europe,especially France,during the occupation the Vichy government saw rugby league as a threat to rugby union,all rugby league assets were stripped and given to union,only now is league beginning to grow again in France,league is becoming...
  25. U

Raise a KB to the World Club Series and forgotten mid-week cups

I'm pretty sure England are hosting New Zealand this year in a three game series
  26. U

Hodko for skipper?

I was talking to Graham a couple of days ago,he was at an event signing autographs and meeting players at his junior club blackbrook,is asked him about the captaincy all he said was it's up to des,he said the same last week at a st helens fans forum,sounds like des will decide in the new year...
  27. U

How much is too much to pay for a supporter’s jersey?

Old dog,the shirts I buy are genuine Canterbury manufactured bulldog shirts,I buy them from a shop in Wigan that specializes in nrl merchandise,,, I would assume jerseys are more expensive in Australia because designs rarely change,so fans are more likely to keep older kits for longer,in super...
  28. U

At current rates £45 is around $85
  29. U

Super league jerseys cost around £45, the majority are isc so are imported from Australia,it was cheaper for me to buy last year's away dogs shirt from the UK,than it was for me to import it,I've been told at a shop in the UK that sells nrl jerseys that he sells a lot of warriors back to New...
  30. U

International rugby league is dead. Haven't you heard?

The regular season is put on hold,super league teams enter the cup between April and May,with the final in August
  31. U

International rugby league is dead. Haven't you heard?

I would love to see mid season international matches,but as it stands now in the super league we play 31 games minimum,we have challenge cup added on and possibly world club series,this year I would have like to see the England knights play a series in the UK against a Maori, aboriginal and...
  32. U

Tim Simona playing for the Bulldogs?

We have to put up with biased clowns on sky sports,they never call the game correctly,and are biased to Yorkshire teams or Wigan,we get channel 9 coverage in the UK for the nrl and international games,they seem like amazing professionals compared to super league commentary
  33. U

Tim Simona playing for the Bulldogs?

This commentary is embarrassing,they can't get anything right when talking about England,I usually love the channel 9 comments but these idiots need sacking
  34. U

Four Nations Team Lists (ROUND 1)

Phalangist there is a three match series in the UK next year between England and New Zealand,Australia haven't got a competitive series after this year until the world cup
  35. U

the ben flower punch

I think it's sufficient,we usually deal with matches bans not period of time bans in the UK,six months looks great to the media who have suddenly become interested in the game,it's a long period of time and the rfl looked to have taken the issue seriously
  36. U

the ben flower punch

He's got a six month ban,misses ten super league games,two friendlies a world club series game and possibly three international matches,I'm not sure if he was selected for Wales squad though
  37. U

the ben flower punch

Hohaia charged with grade b offence possible 2 game ban, flower grade f with minimum of 8 games,greater Manchester police are looking into the incident despite no complaints being logged,if they charge flower it sets a very dangerous precedent for any sport
  38. U

the ben flower punch

Wigan seem to get away with a lot,they play hard,even though that was cowardly last night,but some of their forwards overstep the mark every week and nothing ever seems to happen,mcillorum who never played last night seems to get out on report every week,rarely gets banned
  39. U

the ben flower punch

I would love to see him banned but this is a Wigan player and super league judiciary panel is soft,he'll get two or three games and a £350 fine
  40. U

what the nrl can learn from super league

not really,a betting company wanted to sponsor the super league a few years ago,but their offer was turned down,instead they gave the naming rights away for free
  41. U

St. Helens into the Super League Grand Final.

Sky sports have today said that souths and brisbane have confirmed their participation in the wcc with the bulldogs being the other team, st helens wigan and warrington from over here are taking part, I would love to see saints play the bulldogs next year, just to see jammer run out at langtree park
  42. U

Todd Carney MEGA DICKHEAD

From what I've been reading in the press today, the rfl are going to allow him to sign with catalan, they will have to pay a £50,000 good behaviour bond,he has to start a rehab and player welfare programme,if he breaks any rules, brings the sport into disrepute or gets arrested the rfl will...
  43. U

KENT TELE :: The Bulldogs can put a lot of their success down the James Graham....

Sorry Not sure why the link shows a different player
  44. U

KENT TELE :: The Bulldogs can put a lot of their success down the James Graham....

http://www.saints.org.uk/home/player.php his profile from the st helens heritage page, the man is a born leader
  45. U

he won the gf in 2006,but was in the losing side for the next few year, he won the man of steel award, and a few challenge cups aswell
  46. U

3 2 1 vs Storm

3. Graham 2. Eastwood 1. Lafai
  47. U

Melbourne in Melbourne

I cant blame graham for his frustration, the way he chased the winger even though it was always going to be a try showed to me again how much passion and commitment he has to the shirt, his will to win, always going the extra yard, pity a lot of his team mates cant show the same
  48. U

Your thoughts on these random ex Bulldogs players

willie talau was one of the best centres of the last 20 years,we had him at st helens,knew how to find the tryline,decent bloke off the pitch until he has a beer in him. we had barry ward at st helens aswell,not the fittest player around,but worked hard. i seem to remember duncan mcrae playing...
  49. U

3-2-1 vs Storm - Round 18

3. Graham 2. Brown 1. Kasiano
  50. U

Graham Vs O'Meley

They probably would have played against each other, think it was 2010 omeley was a cornerstone of the hull fc pack, he was still a top forward back then, think he was in his late 20s at the time, sadly I cant remember if there was any battles,but that season omeley was one of the toughest props...
  51. U

Is graham one of the greatest forwards in history?

as a saints fan I watched him through junior development all through the first team, I thought he was always going to be a great, his work rate was phenomenal, playing 80 minutes a week, and I think in those early years the likes of darren britt barry ward and jason cayless around the club...
  52. U

Two sleeps later..

Amazing stats and to do it with pretty much a two man bench was even more remarkable
  53. U

Last nights Jerseys

I have last years away and a few training shirts, for me teams should keep a traditional design homeshirt, for the away I dont mind a change from traditional maybe every third year, just so they dont change to much, in superleague we get new home away charity and heritage coming out every season
  54. U

uk bulldog

Thanks everyone,we have a kid that looks like the next jammer lined up at saints but keep your hands off him
  55. U

3-2-1 vs Manly - Round 17

3.ennis 2 Graham 1 t rex mentions to kas and finucane
  56. U

james graham

The standout moment for me wasnt the hits or the hard work, but when he chased down foran at the end, he doesn't give up
  57. U

uk bulldog

Ive commented on here a few times, forgot to introduce myself, ive been a dogs fan since I saw video tapes of them in the uk back in the 80s, the players of the time and some past englishmen got me hooked, im also a st helens fan
  58. U

RUGBY league is set to feature at this year’s Glasgow Commonwealth Games.

The England team is picked from unsigned u19s from the regional divisions, hopefully rl gets recognition and joins the commonwealth games in future
  59. U

3-2-1 vs Manly

3.jackson 2.graham 1.klemmer